Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971106 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11130 on: February 22, 2019, 05:15:43 pm »

Yeah. I got one. Its pretty nifty. It hits on a 3, because its got a squig wired into the gun (For, as we all know, Squigs are as accurate as space marine.) Assault 2, Strength Eight, AP -3, D6 Damage. Wound rolls of 6 makes the target take one mortal wound, hit rolls of one make the Dragsta take the mortal wound.

And when it advances and gets a roll of 4+ (3+ if it's Evil Sunz, which is what I usually run.), you can remove it from the board and place it anywhere else on the board as long as its at least 9" from any enemies. Thus, it's movement speed is theoretically infinite.

Plus its got 4 Strength 6 AP -1 1 Damage melee attacks from the buzzing sawblades on its front.

It's definitely one of the better of the 6 buggies. Better than the Rukkatrukk and the BoomDakka for sure,
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11131 on: February 22, 2019, 05:30:58 pm »

Thus, it's movement speed is theoretically infinite.

But if you painted it red, it'd be like infinity + 1.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: February 22, 2019, 06:01:36 pm »

Now I imagine that the Orks looted a Delorean and go on a WAAAGH! BACK TO DA FUTURE!
Apparently 1d4chan had the same idea.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: February 22, 2019, 06:35:39 pm »

I'm planning on actually getting a base and green-stuffing some flaming tire tracks on it. Nothing else on the base, just the tracks. Leave that where the model was whenever it moves.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: February 23, 2019, 12:28:37 am »

My friend's is painted tacky 90's chameleon green/gold, with I believe a red glow effect on the base under it.

Also it's a "5+", with +1 to hit for a grot gunner and +1 to hit for a targeting squig.
Probably plays havok with tournament reroll priorities but we never play those thankfully.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Emperor's Will for the day: new TTSD.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does Chaos bind daemons into armour? I can't find anything in the RPGs saying that that's a thing.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does Chaos bind daemons into armour? I can't find anything in the RPGs saying that that's a thing.

There's a reference to it in Space Marine, but other than that I can't find anything other than daemon weapons and daemonhosts. Maybe daemons are easier to bind to killy things than something that's just going to get hit a lot?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I mean, that's kinda-sorta what thousand sons are.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I thought there might be something like that in the Dawn of War 2 wargear but after a look through it doesn't seem like any of the corrupting items mention daemons being bound to the armour specifically. The closest thing was some armour that had the essense of Khorne infused in it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don’t see why that couldn’t be a thing, though. It’s a big galaxy, I’m sure some sorcerer’s had the idea of jamming a daemon into their armor at some point. I guess daemons-in-weapons is just a more appealing idea, but if you can do it with a sword, you can do it with armor. Daemons of Nurgle seem particularly appropriate for that sort of thing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

I guess with overwhelming firepower available in 41st its probably more bang for your buck to put them into guns or something, but arent titans more armor than gun?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that's more due to the fact that titans can mount void shields.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Black Crusade RPG goes into why daemon armour isn't common, daemons hate being unable to kill things. It's part of a sidebar about former daemon weapons that survived and why shields are rarer than swords and guns in that category.

You could try to stick a daemon into armour, but it'll fight more ferociously against the process than if it were a weapon.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

And then you're wearing an angry demon.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 824