Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971514 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

*refills popcorn *
Please continue the pointless argument about a hypothetical plan in a fictional universe with arbitrary physics and literal space magic.
They're clearly arguing it within the context of 40k itself, obeying the setting's own internal logic with its own established rules. It's like wandering into an argument over the LOTR hobbits flying the ring to mordor on the eagles and then saying the hobbits could've just used a fleet of B-52 Stratofortresses to strategic bomb mordor to the ground, as LOTR is a work of fiction. Everyone is aware of this, they are having fun discussing plans which don't break the verisimilitude of this setting.

I also very much like the idea of a bunch of pissed off psychic brain jars wreaking havoc on the imperium as revenge against some radical inquisitor's plan to kill chaos. Although it does look like not everyone is having fun anymore

I know. I was also interested in their arguments and the "keep it going" but was quite genuine. Perhaps I should have included some [not being snide] tags but hindsight. I WAS trying to maybe bring the discussion back to a snarky simmer instead of the rolling ad hominem it was becoming. I apologize if I did so badly. Sarcasm is my natural state.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

But weird never answered to me... :(

Also I consider weird a little acid but always amusing and a good forumer. And Kot is a good Imperial Citizen.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Men of Iron were probably not Chaos-tainted. They rebelled on their own.
New canon all but confirms that it was actually the eldar.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

Please remember the spirit of calm and friendship.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's be friendly or we'll all be banished to the warp.  Thank you Toad Emperor od Dwarfkind.

I assure you I do not have Imperial Aquila tattoos on my forehead, I do not actually attack albino people with chainsaws or burn fortune tellers on a stake.
I must say, I'm a little disappointed.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, right? I'm itching to adapt this into a Dark Heresy campaign or something. I like the idea that one of the pods crash-lands on an Imperial world and somehow projects its virtual world over an ever-expanding area of realspace, and the players have to enter it to deal with the brain inside its own mind. Maybe a daemon is gradually corrupting and twisting the virtual reality as they advance, and it's a race against time before the poor lost brain succumbs.

I had a similar thought, but on a different tack.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Getting the planet back to normal from there would be one heck of a story, I think.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:05:54 pm by Trekkin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, right? I'm itching to adapt this into a Dark Heresy campaign or something. I like the idea that one of the pods crash-lands on an Imperial world and somehow projects its virtual world over an ever-expanding area of realspace, and the players have to enter it to deal with the brain inside its own mind. Maybe a daemon is gradually corrupting and twisting the virtual reality as they advance, and it's a race against time before the poor lost brain succumbs.

I had a similar thought, but on a different tack.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Getting the planet back to normal from there would be one heck of a story, I think.

That has a hilarious amount of potential. I'd be scared of attempting to run that given all the moving parts and the facets of the conspiracy, but that might be just my gaming group not being all that great at mysteries. I love it when the Mechanicus goes all mad sciencey. Especially if they're just trying to salvage an already fanciful project through zanier and zanier means. You could make an office comedy out of this.

It'd have enough stuff for a while. You could be fighting misbegotten Ork-human hybrids one day, stop a Titan piloted by psychic brain jars the next, battle cultists of various stripes on the third. The troubles never stop coming. Mostly I just want to see how the Ork spore project works out, ie in which horrible and hilarious way it goes wrong.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

That really sounds like the sort of conspiracy those folks over at the AGP would blunder into and set on fire, actually. I love the idea
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

The Men of Iron were probably not Chaos-tainted. They rebelled on their own.
New canon all but confirms that it was actually the eldar.

So the eldar turned our robots against us?  I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it's at least touching on the fact that humans and eldar should have had interactions during the dark age of technology.

Unrelated, but I got to play again yesterday and learned that orkz have a few things I now fear: the shokk attack gun, and the fact that they can teleport squads of boyz around with psychic powers.  That was a game where the enemy just had to attack your objective markers, and it didn't last long once the teleporting started.

At least my exploding dreadnought took 3 boyz with it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

tbh im surprised they think the eldar could coordinate an empire-wide rebellion.  Though given how time works in 40k and the distances between worlds and sectors I suppose....
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Eldar were at their height at the time, I think. It would've been a piece of cake if they could spare time from all the hedonism and debauchery.

Where's this lore from, anyway? Would like to read for myself.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Men of Iron were Chaos corrupted, by the end. IIRC it's in either a Horus Heresy Novel, or I think? a Uriel Ventris novel.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

There was a single STC that produced men of iron that got corrupted, but other than hints nothing concrete. Kinda hope they never tell you why.”
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Certainly, not every question needs an answer in fiction.  Often times, the possible answers are much more fun or otherwise better than the actual answer.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could have been the AI simply realizing fuck it, we are too smart for this shit. So the slave becomes the master.
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 824