Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567209 times)

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5221 laffs and counting
« Reply #5160 on: February 26, 2016, 05:27:44 am »

Very carefully.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: February 26, 2016, 05:47:20 am »

with a permit
Don't ask me how to get such a permit, though.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: February 26, 2016, 09:00:10 am »

The police have been led past the crocs by reptile experts and have left the building. The building's owner has been arrested for producing and trafficing crystal meth.
The crocodiles have been left behind, as the police states: "The animals were kept properly, according to animal welfare laws, and with a permit, so we will not take them."
Who will feed them now that their owner is in prison, is not of the police's concern.
"If we arrest someone who owns a dog, we inform neighbors and relatives so they can arrange someone else to feed them. There's no difference with crocodiles."
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: February 26, 2016, 09:14:39 am »

this website.

http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm

choice quotes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

just going to show people don't change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5165 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

I love stuff like that. People are people across the world and across millennia. It's great.

Also:
Caesius faithfully loves M[…name lost]
I kinda feel sorry for that guy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: February 26, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »

Who will feed them now that their owner is in prison, is not of the police's concern.
"If we arrest someone who owns a dog, we inform neighbors and relatives so they can arrange someone else to feed them. There's no difference with crocodiles."

"Hello Mr. Neighbour, this is the police. The guy who lives next door is in prison now, so could you please feed his crocodiles while he's away? Thanks."
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: February 26, 2016, 07:07:44 pm »

this website.

http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm

choice quotes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This one is my favorite.

VI.14.36 (Bar of Salvius); 3494: In one bar, a picture depicts two men playing dice.  One shouts, “Six!” while his opponent holds up two fingers and says, “No, that’s not a ‘three’; it’s a ‘two’”.  By the door of the bar, another picture shows a short man driving a group of men out.  Above his head are the words, “Go on, get out of here!  You have been fighting!”

I feel like a picture of it would've worked better but this exact same situation could very well play out today, including someone making (what is essentially) a comic strip about it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: February 26, 2016, 07:11:54 pm »

That whole comic-strip-but-all-in-one-picture was popular in the middle ages, too. There's tons of painting showing the key scenes of a (usually religious) story all at once.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5169 on: February 26, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »

VI.14.36 (Bar of Salvius); 3494: In one bar, a picture depicts two men playing dice.  One shouts, “Six!” while his opponent holds up two fingers and says, “No, that’s not a ‘three’; it’s a ‘two’”.  By the door of the bar, another picture shows a short man driving a group of men out.  Above his head are the words, “Go on, get out of here!  You have been fighting!”
But if he's Roman and holds up two fingers, doesn't that mean it's "five"?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5170 on: February 26, 2016, 10:54:49 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: February 27, 2016, 02:21:13 pm »

Yesterday I was playing on a Team Fortress 2 trade server with a little ticker at the top with various text messages stating the rules and with a few witty phrases.

The thing is, both my parents were born and raised in China before they moved to the States (AKA 'Murica). They cook what they know how to cook. One staple crop of China is rice.

We eat rice for dinner almost every day. (Of course, there's other things alongside it but that's not relevant here.)

I happened upon a phrase which I had literally never thought about until reading it.

"Rice is great if you want to eat two thousand of something."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: February 28, 2016, 01:25:34 am »

This is as good a thread as any I guess. The SS13 thread is sorta specifically for Urist Station, so maybe not an appropriate place to ask where to play (talking about other servers is, afaik, banned.) What server really depends on what sort of gameplay you want. Generally the servers are thought of as Goon being no rp, all crazy stupid shit (like the story), baystation (and Urist station, which is the station that is most connected to bay12) being very RP heavy and less crazy, and TG between the between point, with some RP, but still also a lot of gameplay and crazy stuff. Urist is probably a good bet to learn how to play, since there's probably people from bay12 that you know there and can help you out, and they are all nice. I personally think TG is the most fun to play on.
My god, when did *Urist* become RP heavy?
Because the people who do gameplay left in a fit of rage, and triggered a cascade of people leaving.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I left because of a slow decline into RDM and aboose caused in no small part by some people being given power that they shouldn't have had.
I never really left since I was barely there to begin with, but I ended up not playing anymore because I had used the same name, Sonuv Bich, for what felt like a couple of years before then and nobody had said anything about it, but then a mod demanded that I change it because I wasn't taking the game seriously enough and people like me were ruining the game and were the reason why all the old people were leaving. Despite the fact that none of the people who had left ever said anything bad about it and a couple of them had even complimented it because it suited me and they thought it was funny.

I get really mad over stupid things like that, but it was still really disappointing in a way that I can't really explain.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: February 28, 2016, 01:27:55 am »

simulate spessmans must to be the most of realisicts
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: February 28, 2016, 01:29:28 am »

To be fair I still feel like the old people pretty much loathe the newbies.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 879