Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562784 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 6684 lamps and counting
« Reply #6630 on: October 25, 2016, 02:35:00 am »

I think the Darth and Droids guys might be Aussies. Not from this, but from other specifically Aussie slang e.g. "bludgers", casually dropped into conversations now and then, and a reference to Man From Snowy River.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:58:47 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6631 on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:54 am »

173 puts you at 5'8"

youre a big guy, was being caught part of your plan?
Dr Pavel I'm CIA

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: October 25, 2016, 08:55:55 pm »

173 puts you at 5'8"

Dr Pavel I'm CIA

if i take that meme off, will you die

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: October 25, 2016, 09:31:14 pm »

Yes. LW is literally nothing but memes. Removing one would be fatal.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: October 25, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »

Yes. LW is literally nothing but memes. Removing one would be fatal.
For you
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: October 26, 2016, 01:26:29 am »

173 puts you at 5'8"

Dr Pavel I'm CIA

NO STOP PLEASE NO NO AAUGH THE BANEPOSTS JACK
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6637 on: October 26, 2016, 04:20:17 am »

173 puts you at 5'8"

Dr Pavel I'm CIA
it would be extremely baneful

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: October 26, 2016, 05:35:58 am »

I'm German and work in a town that has a small British military presence. They have a radio station for their forces that I sometimes find myself listening to while driving. The female announcer talked about some event in the honors of a guy who invented some kind of foldable blast protection or something that allegedly safed a lot of lives. He got rich through that and went full philantrope. However - that's where I lost it - he "met his untimely demise while driving a segway too close to a cliff". No hint of mocking in her voice.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:30:36 am by Moddan »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6639 on: October 26, 2016, 06:13:57 am »

I'm German and work in a town that has a small British military presence. They have a radio station for their forces that I sometimes find myself listening to while driving. The female announcer talked about some event in the honors of a guy who invented some kind of foldable blast protection or something that allegedly safed a lot of lives. He got rich through that and went full philantrope. However - that's where I lost it - he "met his untimely demise while driving a segway to close to a cliff". No hint of mocking in her voice.
Jimi Heselden :D

He made hesco bastions, which are basically these bins you fill with sand. A lot quicker to setup and sturdier than sandbags
They were originally designed for flood defence and erosion defence, but turns out giant boxes of sand also make for pretty Dorfy fortifications for low cost and time investment
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He died after reversing to make way for a dog walker out of politeness, but reversed too far :(

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: October 26, 2016, 09:35:42 am »

Wait, he was the boss of the segway company?! That makes it even worse. Guess their marketing where having a field day with that.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: October 26, 2016, 11:38:49 am »

I googled "video games are evil" and it gave me wonderful Baptist site. Here is an amusing post about Fallout 3 (Warning! Highly cancerogenic!). Although True Christian with trademark symbol at the end made me wonder if this is parody site or it's for real...

NOTE: This is NOT religion bashing, it simply for laugh. I DON'T consider Baptists ( or any other Christian group) morons or anything like that. Ignore this post if you are offended.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: October 26, 2016, 12:20:29 pm »

I googled "video games are evil" and it gave me wonderful Baptist site. Here is an amusing post about Fallout 3 (Warning! Highly cancerogenic!). Although True Christian with trademark symbol at the end made me wonder if this is parody site or it's for real...

NOTE: This is NOT religion bashing, it simply for laugh. I DON'T consider Baptists ( or any other Christian group) morons or anything like that. Ignore this post if you are offended.
This thing is an absolute goldmine, especially the "badges" that their members can earn. One of their more famous members even has the KKK as his avatar! Rightfully, there's a bunch of other users with the ranks of "Unsaved Trash" that are "Under Investigation" that are assuming that it's a satire forum, and trying to argue with them.

One thing I've noticed, however. A lot of the senior members have the "Batman Shooting Survivor" badge.

Oh, and there's this gem from that thread:
911 happened in New York City, not in the United States of America. You should learn how to read a map.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:24:51 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: October 26, 2016, 12:29:29 pm »

Yup, this is satire. I was Poe'd. Too bad they didn't implement the search function. I'm interested if they think that A:TLA is Buddhist propaganda.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:37:11 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 879