Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562824 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 6684 lamps and counting
« Reply #6720 on: November 04, 2016, 08:38:39 pm »

Huh. Took God two years to answer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: November 04, 2016, 08:40:57 pm »

Huh. Took God two years to answer.

Come on man, there's 7 billion people on the planet. Two years is a pretty good response time-frame.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: November 05, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »

Oh my goodness, saw a beautiful thing on the way back from work. A gaggle of teenagers on a street corner with protest signs (excellent slogans including "THE ELECT ARE PUPPETS"), practically radiating a newfriend aura. About half in Guy Fawkes masks. Very much 'we are anonnymoose we are lee-john elephants never forgive'.

I only wish (for the first time in my life) that I owned a frowny-face Fawkes mask and fedora so that I could have made signage of my own and done a little bit of a piss-take after lunch.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: November 06, 2016, 02:14:34 am »

Heavily armed spiritualists and/or potheads plan attack on top-secret mind control and weather magic station at God's command.

The article isn't very well written, but a lot of the comments are freakin' hilarious.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: November 06, 2016, 03:12:58 am »

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/11/04/1954248/the-fbi-spent-two-years-investigating-an-online-cult-that-didnt-exist

A two-year FBI investigation apparently centered on the satirical web site "GodHatesGoths". In 2005, the FBI launched an investigation into the "Church of the Hammer," a fundamentalist Christian sect which called for the wholesale slaughter of practitioners of the goth subculture. Two years later, the investigation was closed, on grounds that the Church didn't exist.

The FBI's threat assessment detailed "an extremely right-wing Christian group that adheres to a Middle Ages Catholic text called the 'Malleus Malificarum.'" But MuckRock.com reports that "The Bureau's main source on the case was a goth who had engaged with members of the Church via their Yahoo Group...trying to dispel their misconceptions about the relationship between the subculture and Satanism." After two years of scouring through crime databases and making phone calls to the Salem police department, FBI investigators actually visited the GodHatesGoths web site -- which turned out to be a parody.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:14:41 am by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: November 06, 2016, 03:16:58 am »

Poe's law applies for police, too. :P
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: November 06, 2016, 07:25:01 am »

I mean, props to the FBI to actually take something seriously and put effort into that investigation, but you'd think the website would be the first place to look.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: November 06, 2016, 07:58:57 am »

They didn't want to get a virus!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: November 06, 2016, 08:10:54 am »

I'd imagine just having an off-grid computer look at it and then destroy it afterwards would've been cheaper than the investigation.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: November 06, 2016, 08:37:38 am »

I'd imagine just having an off-grid computer look at it and then destroy it afterwards would've been cheaper than the investigation.

If there's any truth to fiction, it's that no law enforcement or intelligence agency will ever connect to a possibly shady system with anything but a poor-security PC with complete backdoor access to all the sensitive and classified information or controls to sensitive equipment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: November 06, 2016, 08:43:29 am »

Ideally you'd want a surname that's funny even if you get promoted:

Private Parts
Corporal Punishment
Major Asshole
General Mayhem

Basically, they'd promote you to stop being embarrassed by calling out "Private Parts". So if you want a guaranteed rise to the top you need something that's embarrassing at every rank.
It works, apparently. One of my university's senior administrators is called Professor Mania. Threatening the competitors with his death ray probably helped.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: November 06, 2016, 03:15:06 pm »

Yoink! You have been found!  :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: November 06, 2016, 03:26:37 pm »

Er, no, Yoink's Australian.

;P

*actually likes Christmas music though*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: November 06, 2016, 03:27:53 pm »

Christmas music has its place. That place is not the bar, in substitution for Black Sabbath.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 879