Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567308 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Quote from: ChatGPT, having been asked to write a Jesus vs Caesar story
Once upon a time, in an alternate reality, Jesus of Nazareth and Caesar were engaged in a fierce battle for world domination. The two had amassed armies, with Jesus' followers fighting for him and Caesar's army consisting of the might of the Roman Empire.

The battle raged on for months, with both sides suffering heavy losses. Jesus, however, had a secret weapon - his unwavering faith in God. He led his army with the strength of his convictions and refused to back down, no matter the odds.

Finally, after many long months, Jesus and Caesar's armies met on the battlefield for the final showdown. The two leaders faced each other, with their armies surrounding them. Jesus stood tall and proud, his eyes fixed on Caesar. Caesar, on the other hand, was nervous and unsure of what to do.

Suddenly, Jesus raised his arms to the sky, calling out to God for guidance and strength. A bright light shone down upon him, filling him with an otherworldly power. He looked down at Caesar and spoke with a booming voice that echoed across the battlefield.

"Caesar, you have oppressed my people for too long. You have used your power to subjugate and control them, but your reign ends today. I will bring peace and justice to the world, and you will bow down before me."

Caesar was stunned. He had never seen such power before, and he realized that he could not win this battle. He lowered his sword and kneeled before Jesus, acknowledging him as the true ruler of the world.

Jesus accepted Caesar's surrender and took control of the Roman Empire. He implemented policies that promoted peace, justice, and equality for all. His reign was marked by prosperity and happiness, and the people of the world lived in peace and harmony.

Years later, when Jesus was an old man, he looked back on his life and knew that he had fulfilled his destiny. He had conquered Caesar, not with violence, but with the power of his faith and the love in his heart. And he knew that his legacy would live on for generations to come.
The funny thing is that this is about 75% true to real life.
You meant 25%, and only if you use Caesar as a job title instead of a person, and Holy Roman Empire as a continuation of the Roman Empire.

...then again, this was probably the Caesar at the crucifixion:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caligula

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems like you think the holy roman empire is what they called the roman empire once it had christianity as state religion... and tbf it is confusing since they got run over by germanic tribes, and the holy roman empire was in the general vicinity of modern germany... But there is 4 centuries between them.

It's the carolingians or whatever who decided to retroactively brand their governement as descending of rome... a bit like the sect that converted the roman empire by resting their case on some dude who supposedly lived 2-3 generations earlier...

Because of religious nutsacks you will be quick to find sources that say jesus was a real person, the thing is had herodes really done a census in the name of the romans, those documents would exist, yet the afaik, they don't.
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Ah yes, the Holy Roman Empire that was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

The Holy Roman Empire really was the definition of 'dress for the job you want, not the one you have.'
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

...I think "Empire" wasn't totally off-base.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hrrrrrm, depends on your definition of 'Empire.'

It was more a confederation with an elected head, or 'Emperor.'
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile

Ah yes, the Holy Roman Empire that was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire
Wow. I didn't know that. You're telling me now for the first time.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Smh. Amirite? Right. Confused and scared, mate.

First letter each word
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Actually it was Voltaire not Sartre
(/j)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indubitably, Sartre exceeds everybody.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That thumping noise cats make when they run themselves into furniture or walls just... it doesn't seem to get old. Always good for a chuckle.

also for advanced laser pointer spinnies, do half the circle on the floor and the other half on the wall

if your cat's on the ball they'll keep spinning anyway, just partially vertical it's great
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Smh. Amirite? Right. Confused and scared, mate.

First letter each word

SMHAIRRCASM
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Someone I know ended up in a tabloid for being silly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What did they do?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Minor criminality. Genuinely not sure why it’s in the paper beyond “this person did something stupid let’s laugh at them”, but it’s a tabloid so I’m sure there are different standards at play.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 879