Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562640 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title
« Reply #13110 on: February 03, 2024, 08:48:45 pm »

https://old.reddit.com/r/AlienBodies/comments/1ahgu3u/friend_found_this_in_their_garden_thinking_it_was/

Oh man, the absolute willingness of these dolts to immediately jump to aliens is hilarious.

The most likely answer is weird growth, hoax or prank. Instead the comments are all "OH MY GOD WE'VE GOT AN ALIEN!"

To be fair, the mushroom ID sub couldn't ID what it was either.

The post is now deleted also.

The comments are pretty funny though. "Please put that back where it came from, we've got enough going on as it is."

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title
« Reply #13112 on: February 18, 2024, 06:53:54 pm »

My roommate, and his two friends are using some Omegle clone to find girls to talk with.

The problem is that alot of other men have the same idea.

There are like, maybe a thousand girls on the app at any given time, and many times that men. This disparity is so fucking funny to me, because 9/10 times, they run into other men, and they literally ask to eachother "are there any girls?" and then swipe away when one of the sides answer accordingly.

It is like piranhas swarming over a stork chick that fell from the nest and into the waters of the mangrove.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: February 18, 2024, 07:37:59 pm »

Have they perhaps considered being gay
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: February 18, 2024, 07:58:33 pm »

Not being creepers is probably a better decision there.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: February 18, 2024, 09:48:52 pm »

Why is meeting girls on omegle creepier than meeting them anywhere else?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: February 19, 2024, 02:58:19 am »

Why is meeting girls on omegle creepier than meeting them anywhere else?

Method, not location. Being on an Omeglike isn't necessarily creepy in and of itself, but being in the mindset where it seems like a good idea to specifically ask the connected party "Are there any girls?" is a bit of a creepy red flag.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: February 19, 2024, 03:54:13 am »

Method, not location. Being on an Omeglike isn't necessarily creepy in and of itself, but being in the mindset where it seems like a good idea to specifically ask the connected party "Are there any girls?" is a bit of a creepy red flag.

Everything here is "a bit of a creepy red flag". Culture, traditions, economy, goverment, people. Everything.

I mean, have you seen our national flag?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: February 19, 2024, 06:21:39 pm »

Pestered cat by giving it good pet with still-wet hands after washing hands.

Cat looked at me after and their eye was twitching like stereotypical pissed off critter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: February 20, 2024, 03:16:57 am »

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: February 20, 2024, 09:06:38 am »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: February 22, 2024, 05:06:35 pm »

Downloaded a marc (the more or less global standard for library catalog data; my job largely boils down to stealing them from other libraries and making it readable by our systems, and I think I've yoinked them from every continent except Antarctica at this point) file that was a hoot. Normally, either there's something of use in them or the library website doesn't provide it.

In this case? It let you download a proper .mrc file, but the contents just read (paraphrasing) "We can't export marc files." It's like getting a professional CAD file or something with a doodle in it saying the sender can't export CAD files.
Ask not!
Ask!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Bump 'cause the downtime, but...

Heading home today, saw just about the funnest thing I've seen all week. Sports car of some variety was coming out a gas station and just. I wasn't sure what I was looking at, y'know? From a distance, it looked like it was painted in sort of swooping pastel colors, pinks, blues, purples... was like, shit, that's neat, but couldn't really tell what it actually was.

When I got closer, though? Frikkin' thing was holographic, looked like someone decided trading cards were a good idea and covered their car in a soap bubble. Burst out laughing, silliest thing I've seen on a car in years.

Not sure what they were going for, but if it was any sort of street cred or seriousness holy hell did they miss that mark ahahaha
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Was it pearlescent paint?

I’ve painted my cars in video games with that stuff, absolutely no way would I do it in RL.

You already have a sports car, you don’t need to highlight the fact you’re compensating for something by drawing even more attention to yourself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Didn't really get close enough to tell specific sort. It looked like someone wrapped steel in a pale soap bubble, basically. Wasn't super vibrant.

Didn't even look like paint at all, but like someone put a holographic foil over some sort of metal.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 879