Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316639 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #810 on: August 19, 2014, 05:01:00 pm »

-snip-
Custom bogeymen. Nice. I take non-civ custom bogeymen work fine as well and spawn alongside random-genned bogeymen when you go out alone?
you can slap that raw tag on cats and it will work. though I haven't tested it further than that one result.
the one weird thing about bogeymen is that they have can speak and can learn in their tags but never get the chance to use it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 19, 2014, 05:12:04 pm »

hello, i am having quite the headache with one of my modded creatures. i made it a playable race, like its predecessor, the creature it self and its entity file seem to be in order to me, however unlike its predecessor, when i try to go the the creatures thoughts and preferences my game crashes. i can not find the reason for is so may i ask what commonly causes the game to crash when trying to look at said screen so i know where to look in my creature/ my creature's entity file.

It may help to post the creature. Do they have a description tag? Do they have working tissue layer modifiers? Anything in your errorlog?

lost viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 19, 2014, 05:22:44 pm »

edit: nevermind, i found the problem through the errorlog, thanks for alerting me that the errorlog exists... wish i knew about it before.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:25:56 pm by lost viking »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 19, 2014, 05:26:30 pm »

The errorlog is located in the main Dwarf Fortress folder, which is the same folder that Dwarf Fortress.exe is located.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:40 pm »

My reaction doesn't do what I am attempting to do:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_ANYTHING]
[NAME:make anything]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:material_template:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:item_template:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:item_template:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:material_template:NONE]

It appears that the game may be less flexible than I thought in token interpretation. The goal was to be able to take 2 items, and make a new item A with the material from item B.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 19, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »

GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:item_template:NONE

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 19, 2014, 11:45:25 pm »

Is there a way to make a material directly trigger an interaction? I'm trying to do this:

[INTERACTION:FAIRY_VAMP_PURGE]

[I_SOURCE:INGESTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1:, maddened by bloodthirst, foolishly consumed the faerie essence of ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: and was obliterated from this realm]

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:BLOODSUCKER]
[IT_REQUIRES:NO_AGING]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYN_NAME:Purge]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:START:0]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:30:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:200:END:250]
[CE_VOMIT_BLOOD:SEV:50:PROB:100:START:100:PEAK:200:END:250]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:250]
[CE:CREATURE:INSTADEATH:GENERIC] -- instantly vaporises the vampire

...which is supposed to be an instant death for vampires for "drinking" the "blood" of fairy-creatures.  Elves count also as fairy-creatures, which complicates this quite a bit.  I could put the syndrome directly on the material itself, but it needs to target only vampires, and without that it would cause rains of blood to randomly vaporise people.

EDIT: ...and it apparently crashes my game, before I even put the interaction in! No idea why that happens.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:56:22 am by samanato »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 19, 2014, 11:50:22 pm »

GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:item_template:NONE

That simply duplicates the "item template" item without giving it the material of the "material template" item.

** Starting New Arena **
You make a gold battle axe.
You make a troll fur cloak.

I am trying to see if it will let me make completely freeform items like a "gold cloak" or "troll fur battle axe" by using chosen properties of the reagents.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #818 on: August 20, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

Does anyone know if you can create faction specific text? Say if you want a Dwarf to have different dialogue from an Elf. Dwarfes typical greeting might be, "Hello!" whereas an elf might say, "Greetings!"

Is that possible yet?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »

I'm coming back to modding for the first time in a while and I need some help with an interaction.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:CORPSEMEND]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME:STITCH]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:1:END:2]
[CE:CREATURE:RAVEN:MALE]
[CDI:VERB:stitch:stitches:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

I'm trying to make a simple mod based around a human civ which uses alchemy to make undead (via temporary syndromes for things like animating the dead and permanent syndromes to make humans into powerful things with most of the attributes of things like husks and vampires) and I want the interaction above to be able to repair civ members that were turned into undead and then killed.

I know that this needs it to resurrect them to keep them controllable and then make them shapeshift temporarily to heal them, but I've never been good with the interactions and decided to get some feedback on whether this will work or not. It's mostly copied and pasted from various sources of code so I'm certain that at least part of it isn't functional, if not all of it.

EDIT: Another question, I'm trying to make a reaction produce a drink made from a plant without the plant being involved but I can't figure out quite where in the product line to specify the plant it should be based on.

[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE:plant:DRINK_MAT]
Normally GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT would be in the place of the second NONE, but when I tried putting the plants ID there the game crashed on world gen. Tried it in a few other places but still couldn't make it work.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:23:49 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 20, 2014, 02:49:48 pm »

Is there a way to make a material directly trigger an interaction? I'm trying to do this:

[INTERACTION:FAIRY_VAMP_PURGE]

[I_SOURCE:INGESTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1:, maddened by bloodthirst, foolishly consumed the faerie essence of ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: and was obliterated from this realm]

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:BLOODSUCKER]
[IT_REQUIRES:NO_AGING]

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYN_NAME:Purge]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:START:0]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:30:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:200:END:250]
[CE_VOMIT_BLOOD:SEV:50:PROB:100:START:100:PEAK:200:END:250]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:250]
[CE:CREATURE:INSTADEATH:GENERIC] -- instantly vaporises the vampire

...which is supposed to be an instant death for vampires for "drinking" the "blood" of fairy-creatures.  Elves count also as fairy-creatures, which complicates this quite a bit.  I could put the syndrome directly on the material itself, but it needs to target only vampires, and without that it would cause rains of blood to randomly vaporise people.

EDIT: ...and it apparently crashes my game, before I even put the interaction in! No idea why that happens.
Blood has temporary SYN_INGESTED syndrome that allows the interaction to be used on self(SELF_ONLY), because of creature target parameters only NO_AGING BLOODSUCKERS will be able to actually use it on themselves. Make sure interaction is FREE_ACTION with no usage hint so will always use it when able.

For more practical usage see interaction example interaction_secret and any venomous creature's venom.
[Crashing due to lack of  SYNDROME tag above effects]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:51:51 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 20, 2014, 03:43:22 pm »

Is there some well-developed vanilla fort (although i post it here, fort made in 0.34 is fine too) that i can download to test my tileset? dffd doesn't have something like "exemplary forts" category, so it's difficult to find it there, since i don't know exact names
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 20, 2014, 05:12:32 pm »

I have a style question.  The mod I'm working on (which will eventually see the light of day, really it will) adds a bunch of similar workshops.  Twenty-four of them to be exact, such as Tribute to Granite and Tribute to Marble and Tribute to Shale and so on.  I'd like to give them shortcut keys, but out-of-the-way options like CTRL-SHIFT don't work.

Would it be easier for a player if I commandeered ALT-a through ALT-x of the Workshop menu, or just left them without shortcuts?  This mod is going to require DFHack, and that seems to want some of the ALT bindings.

Of course, if someone knows a magical way of making a submenu within Buildings or Workshops, that would solve the problem beautifully.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 20, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »

Does anyone know if you can create faction specific text? Say if you want a Dwarf to have different dialogue from an Elf. Dwarfes typical greeting might be, "Hello!" whereas an elf might say, "Greetings!"

Is that possible yet?

No, conditions aren't really a thing at all even in the speech files.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #824 on: August 21, 2014, 01:32:40 am »

Is that possible yet?

No, conditions aren't really a thing at all even in the speech files.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Hopefully in the future. Cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 247