Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 459365 times)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

site is down can you provide me with some mirrors to download?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

site is down can you provide me with some mirrors to download?

I can confirm that the site is up and running. Are you still having issues downloading?

Will most likely release [R1][40.24] tonight, if you just want to wait.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:42:01 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
<<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R1][40.24] <2015>
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2015, 04:57:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:08:12 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

try to run, get an not found data/art/ironhand.png error

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for pointing this out! I will fix this tonight asap. For now, copy all the contents of Iron [R2] [40.23] data/art/ folder into Iron [R1][40.24[ data/art folder.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:17:42 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Okay, issues starting the Ironhand version are resolved.

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok [IRON][PC][R1][40.24]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuguq0tncuh4h2n/Dark_Ages_Iron_Win_R1_40_24.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:07:41 am by GM-X »

PK1312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R1][40.24] <2015>
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2015, 02:23:53 am »

This mod is great fun, but I just wish there was some kind of guide or manual for all the new creatures and gameplay changes. Kinda flying blind here and I feel like I'm not getting everything I could out of the mod as a result. For example: I have an aquebus, but my military dwarves never use it. They just bash creatures with it even though I have bullets and stuff assigned to them.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2015, 03:53:29 pm »

This mod is great fun, but I just wish there was some kind of guide or manual for all the new creatures and gameplay changes. Kinda flying blind here and I feel like I'm not getting everything I could out of the mod as a result. For example: I have an aquebus, but my military dwarves never use it. They just bash creatures with it even though I have bullets and stuff assigned to them.

Thank you. The plan is to flesh out the basic documentation on the website, then move on to the guidebook after that. Now that updates from Toady have slowed, that is the priority.

About the aquebus. Have you tried assigning them as a special squad with an archer uniform? Apart from not having cartridges, I'm not sure why they wouldn't use it the same way as a crossbow.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2015, 06:32:20 pm »

Quick question as I can't find where it is talked about. What does the Overseer position do?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2015, 01:16:02 am »

AFAIK it's for succession games to show who have been players.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2015, 01:17:21 am »

That is clever, does it do anything or is it just a blank position for that purpose?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2015, 01:46:25 am »

That is clever, does it do anything or is it just a blank position for that purpose?

In Dark Ages they are punishment exempt, responsible for building moral, exported in legends, and require a tomb.

Also Akhier, I think you are currently playing Dark Ages without the Dark Ages tileset on your YouTube. Slap copy the graphics folder into your saved raws and the magic is back on.

A general warning about advanced world gen parameters too:
It's safe to lower the number civs, change the stop year (mostly), however, I advise against changing any other settings. It will almost certainly remove content. For example, secrets always need to be set to "0" during world gen.

If you are having trouble with extinctions, sieges, etc. let me know so I can alter the mod to resolve it. Exactly how sieges work in DF40.24 is a matter of interest: http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2rfjj8/biggest_siege_youve_seen_in_40x/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:25:20 am by GM-X »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2015, 02:00:19 pm »

I was using the LNP mod manager thing which kinda...   fracks the settings up a bit. As for advanced once again messing with the mod manager stuff so that was all messed up as well. I have mostly left the advanced alone for Dark Ages though I will probably mess around with lowering civ numbers.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »

I was using the LNP mod manager thing which kinda...   fracks the settings up a bit. As for advanced once again messing with the mod manager stuff so that was all messed up as well. I have mostly left the advanced alone for Dark Ages though I will probably mess around with lowering civ numbers.

Oh and for sure, you have an awesome world gen there. And your current fort is a gem. Just wanted to let you know some things looked amiss. Mainly, you are playing a vanilla heavy Dark Ages.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2015, 02:38:39 pm »

Today is actually my last video for the fort sadly. The FPS is too low for recording purposes. As for the world gen its mostly a matter of me spending a day on it. You will be surprised at what worlds you can find when you spend the time. I think I might be going to .24 tomorrow and see what I can do with it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 92