Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457776 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages ϟ>> DF Vanilla + Fantasy Survival Horror [R10][40.24]
« Reply #450 on: December 07, 2015, 11:43:31 am »

Is there anywhere with info? I really am confused about some things. Like the magic system, when sieges will occur, and for example it said somewhere on your site "44 new metals added" but I have no idea what they are and what their values are? So its functionally useless to me.

I had no idea wolfsbane was so valuable until years into my fort and I literally had it on the surface for free. If I had known, id have set up all my farms to use it instead.

I don't need super in detail documentation but even some clear list of features would be grand haha. I tried googling the specific mods you added but they lack documentation too.

Im at 93 pop and have been over 80 for like 2 years, I made sure to embark somewhere where it said I was at war with like 5 civs + near a tower, and iv seen NOTHING so far except wizard caravans and forgotten beasts. Wealth is 2.8 mil and exported wealth is about 200k. Am I missing something that makes sieges and other things happen?

I have been researching the way sieges work in 0.40.x  for a year.

Turns out, there is pathing bug that has likely gimped many a Dark Ages invasions. Toady One has fixed some of this in version 0.42.x so the next update should bring more armies to your gate.

Dark Ages: Chapter II should be released later this week. Until then, here is the best information on invasions so far: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/3v6j35/biggest_sieges_dwarf_fortress_042x/

No metals are added in this mod yet. You may be referring to Civ forge or something. The dream is to publish a Dark Ages guidebook, but that will have to wait until after the release of my game to Steam, Mars 2030.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:13:33 pm by Rammok »

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 07, 2015, 03:38:01 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Im excited for 42.x version. I have yet to really play it because frankly I can't handle DF without dwarf therapist. I actually downloaded this mod because I wanted to occupy myself with something new until the utilities get updated.

The siege bug is rather annoying in that case. I did finally get something, but it seemed bugged as well. "Hungry Head Swordsman Corpse" came and gave the typical tower siege announcement about dead walking.

However all their clothing and swords dropped at the map edge like they couldn't actually use/wear anything. They were naked and weaponless when they reached my dwarves and not even one dwarf was injured by the attack because they died so easily and couldn't really attack. It was also hella laggy, I believe because it was 59 flying creatures? don't know.

I also got a Giant Toad Corpse in the caverns (no idea how) that started "gesturing" and raising all the other corpses in the cave and killing everything else. It came with no announcement, I just noticed what was happening in the logs. What the hell was that haha? That was the closest my fort came to ruin. Plenty of FUN. Whatever it was, A+. It "gestured" and then the corpses would "sprout tentacles" and rise. Crazy shit. It had an army by the time I decided to deal with it.

I also saw my (legendary) dwarfs jump up a z-level to attack some crundles AND in another scenario, jump over a gap (over lava no less) to attack an amphibian man on the other side. Is that intended? It was very strange. I don't know if they were teleporting or flying or climbing what, but they definitely did NOT have a path because after they went up the z level, they wouldnt path back despite dehydration and starvation, and I had to build a ramp. The lava gap jumpers jumped back and I witnessed it. They wont do it unless they have a target I guess.

ANYWAY I do like the mod, the chasm aboleths coming up from the caverns and somehow getting into the fortress are really "fun" sometimes. I also like the skill speed and generally less painful training of legendary dwarves, as well as the better skill points they arrive with. The wizards and rogues are neat. I hope I get some more invasions soon otherwise im going to re-embark right on top of FUN next time ;P

Thank you so much for your hard work on this mod, I nitpicked a bit but only so you have a chance to see if its easily fixable, I still fully enjoy the mod as it is :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:26:15 pm by flyteofheart »
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #452 on: December 08, 2015, 05:07:59 am »

Thanks for the reply.

Im excited for 42.x version. I have yet to really play it because frankly I can't handle DF without dwarf therapist. I actually downloaded this mod because I wanted to occupy myself with something new until the utilities get updated.

The siege bug is rather annoying in that case. I did finally get something, but it seemed bugged as well. "Hungry Head Swordsman Corpse" came and gave the typical tower siege announcement about dead walking.

However all their clothing and swords dropped at the map edge like they couldn't actually use/wear anything. They were naked and weaponless when they reached my dwarves and not even one dwarf was injured by the attack because they died so easily and couldn't really attack. It was also hella laggy, I believe because it was 59 flying creatures? don't know.

I also got a Giant Toad Corpse in the caverns (no idea how) that started "gesturing" and raising all the other corpses in the cave and killing everything else. It came with no announcement, I just noticed what was happening in the logs. What the hell was that haha? That was the closest my fort came to ruin. Plenty of FUN. Whatever it was, A+. It "gestured" and then the corpses would "sprout tentacles" and rise. Crazy shit. It had an army by the time I decided to deal with it.

I also saw my (legendary) dwarfs jump up a z-level to attack some crundles AND in another scenario, jump over a gap (over lava no less) to attack an amphibian man on the other side. Is that intended? It was very strange. I don't know if they were teleporting or flying or climbing what, but they definitely did NOT have a path because after they went up the z level, they wouldnt path back despite dehydration and starvation, and I had to build a ramp. The lava gap jumpers jumped back and I witnessed it. They wont do it unless they have a target I guess.

ANYWAY I do like the mod, the chasm aboleths coming up from the caverns and somehow getting into the fortress are really "fun" sometimes. I also like the skill speed and generally less painful training of legendary dwarves, as well as the better skill points they arrive with. The wizards and rogues are neat. I hope I get some more invasions soon otherwise im going to re-embark right on top of FUN next time ;P

Thank you so much for your hard work on this mod, I nitpicked a bit but only so you have a chance to see if its easily fixable, I still fully enjoy the mod as it is :)

Thank you for the great reports.

I have never actually witnessed a flying corpse head invasion before. Definitely a summoners tower nearby. I am under the impression that summoned monsters can appear with weapons. I didn't think flying heads would though, so I will look in to that. I'm curious what their loot was, if you remember.

Yes, I too have seen creatures make fantastic leaping attacks. I think they get into trouble when they don't have a target to lunge at. Nice rescue op though.

As far the Giant Toad Corpse raising an undead army, that sounds awesome. Would be interesting to learn more about that Toad. Sounds like possible emergent game play, which is the dream. It does sound related to Chasm Aboleth mischief.   

Let me know how your future war footing embarks go. Sieges will be a key focus in Dark Ages: Chapter II so all war reports are helpful.

Nitpick, anytime.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:15:18 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 08, 2015, 07:13:10 am »

PTW, this looks exceedingly awesome.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 08, 2015, 06:47:07 pm »

Thank you for the great reports.

I have never actually witnessed a flying corpse head invasion before. Definitely a summoners tower nearby. I am under the impression that summoned monsters can appear with weapons. I didn't think flying heads would though, so I will look in to that. I'm curious what their loot was, if you remember.

Yes, I too have seen creatures make fantastic leaping attacks. I think they get into trouble when they don't have a target to lunge at. Nice rescue op though.

As far the Giant Toad Corpse raising an undead army, that sounds awesome. Would be interesting to learn more about that Toad. Sounds like possible emergent game play, which is the dream. It does sound related to Chasm Aboleth mischief.   

Let me know how your future war footing embarks go. Sieges will be a key focus in Dark Ages: Chapter II so all war reports are helpful.

Nitpick, anytime.  ;)

I remembered another issue, I cant seem to brew Wolfsbane into moonshine. Its also not in the kitchen menu at all to be selected as brew/cook. Your other modded plants (blood helmets) work fine. Wolfsbane can only be spun into thread for me.

One slightly annoying thing is dwarves seem to set things on fire sometimes (I think thats whats setting things on fire during combat at least). If that could be nerfed that would be great haha. Otherwise iv just been fireproofing most areas so it at least it wont spread.

The stuff the heads dropped was stuff a dwarf would be wearing. pig tail fiber left shoe, cave spider cap etc. No actual armor. Plus they had short swords of various metal, copper, bronze, steel, etc. Obviously they didnt have limbs to wear the items on or use swords and it all fell on the edge of the map on arrival. I didnt look too close and dumped it all into the atom smasher because my cloth industry was all up and running by then and I try to avoid leaving clutter around due to lag.

The flying seige mechanic was actually neat and I think had they actually been using the swords or had better attacks, they would have been very deadly.

As far as the toad I wish I had taken screenshots, it was so weird. An aboleth must have killed/cursed a giant toad? It was definitely undead and raising other undead. I figured it was a feature, which is why I was asking if there was some kind of wiki haha.

It would fight something in the caverns (anything, crundles or cave spider or trolls whatever), kill it, and then in a new combat report you would see "giant toad corpse gestures" and then "crundle corpse shudders and sprouts tentacles" "crundle corpse gets up" or something along those lines, definitely with tentacles tho. I think only the toad could raise other corpses from what I could see, but I might not have given the situation enough time. When I killed them all, I think I got the giant toad corpse near the beginning and none of the corpses reanimated again. If it was emergent, even better. If I could hit rewind and give you the save I would but nothing is left of the toad now. Next time I see something strange ill make a backup or take screenies :) For the record my game is otherwise unmodified, im just using the dark ages pack.

Vampire bats are really cool too, does the "sucked blood out of the wound!" report mean the dwarf is now a vampire?

Unfortunately my save keep crashing when it gets to the next season where I am now. I think ill take this as a sign to reembark somewhere closer to enemies anyhow. Any suggestions on which civ(s) I should do battle with??

Cant wait for the update!

Edit: re-embarked and am currently living the boatmurdered dream with huge hoards of "Great Elephant Corpse" attacks, armok help me

https://i.gyazo.com/ebe91fb68215919540c51a86dbd7e812.png
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:15:09 am by flyteofheart »
living the dream

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 09, 2015, 12:09:32 pm »

Edit: re-embarked and am currently living the boatmurdered dream with huge hoards of "Great Elephant Corpse" attacks, armok help me

Of all the reports you have mentioned, not seeing the Great Elephant graphic in your screenshot is the most upsetting. I could have sworn they had a graphic.  :-\

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 09, 2015, 01:41:38 pm »

Of all the reports you have mentioned, not seeing the Great Elephant graphic in your screenshot is the most upsetting. I could have sworn they had a graphic.  :-\

They are undead and are using the undead graphic (flashing between that and the E). Maybe thats why?

Im using spacefox from the dark ages LNP for the record
living the dream

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2015, 01:57:00 pm »

They are undead and are using the undead graphic (flashing between that and the E). Maybe thats why?

Im using spacefox from the dark ages LNP for the record

The undead elephant graphic?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2015, 02:50:45 am »

Put new caps in place on animals in towns during world generation. -Toady One

This was a huge issue in Dark Ages. I'm still seeing some fairly numerous animal populations in world gen, but way more manageable than 40.x. Currently, Dark Ages 42.x is close to ready. I generated some interesting worlds this past weekend with a good amount of new content. Oddly, I'm getting fantastic worlds when I don't use advanced world parameters.

The hold up now: advanced worlds are crashing almost constantly on all but pocket and large worlds. This is not a new thing. Medium and small worlds have always been problematic for various reasons. Some I still do not understand and others I think that I do. Namely, exploding site populations which are exasperated by Dark Ages civilization boosting.

I like to surprise players. ;) But I will say, this will be a rebuilt and cleaner mod with a stronger focus on: War!
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2015, 12:35:54 pm »

Can't wait, super excited. Iv been just playing adventure mode for a while until this updates hehe. Take your time. If I have to play on a pocket or large world, so be it.

I will say I tried to combine your mod and fortress defense mod for one fort, and it ended horribly. One of his endgame challenge races (spider fiends) was combined with your modifications to Towers (i think its your mods, im not sure what exactly happened) and I got invaded by a shitton of undead spider fiends early game. It was gloriously horrible and I decided those mods were never meant to be combined XD
living the dream

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 17, 2015, 10:33:26 pm »

now that I know an update is coming, I shall wait on diving back in :D

Boyce

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2015, 09:28:41 am »

I don't play adventure much but iv been havin fun with it in this mod with all the magic you can hunt down but iv noticed a lot of the slabs get stolen from towers and get lost or stored in a hamlet seemingly disappearing. Iv searched the hamlet both fort and houses and never found the slab.if it doesn't show that they stored it you can still hunt the slab down which i like but the dragon walking slab seems to almost always be gone by year 90. anyway i was wondering if the white,grey and black vampire lords are able to transmit there power through bite or blood cause i tried and didn't seem to work i even took my armor off to make sure it broke skin. i already had a bunch of powers from slabs when i tried so that may have been why. none of the power i had was werebeast or vampiric though . nice mod anyway. iv never played adventure mode for so long  :)

Edit:yea i think i figured it out. it was all the powers i gained that was stopping me from becoming a vamp i can't even learn how to be a vampire lord from a slab after i learned some other magic.iv heard there was a way of becoming a vamp and necromancer if your a necromancer and mix vamp blood with water then drink it or something but iv haven't tried it yet
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:11:06 pm by Boyce »

Chojin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 07, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »

Do you have any idea when can we expect to test your new version ?
I am excited :)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 08, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »

Do you have any idea when can we expect to test your new version ?
I am excited :)

Been working crazy numbers of hours on Mars 2030 & Dark Ages: Chapter II for months.

Once Mars 2030 is released to Steam (currently listed in coming soon), the focus will shift to Dark Ages II again. I partly waited due to the undead nerf Toady One is about to release. I'm excited cause this change will have a huge impact on Dark Ages, for the better:

12/27/2015
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mars 2030 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/416070

Chojin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 08, 2016, 01:06:12 pm »

Great !
Good luck for your work.
Yeah you are right, it could be interesting to wait for the next Toady One release :)

Going to look to Mars 2030.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 92