Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457789 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope moving the reward code didn't help.  This time I killed a vampire lord

That's what I was afraid of. I know I have seen materials drop.. I will take a closer look later tonight.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I think I found the problem. The good news is, once the fix is released you'll be able to overwrite your save game raws without generating a new world. 
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Chaikhou-L-Jabal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for your amazing mod ! I have two questions :

- Is it possible for me to add Fortress Defense II mod to yours and play normally ?

- During a game with your mod, I had a sudden FPS drop during my third year (from 120 to 10/15 FPS), I have kept the number of dwarves and items in the map very limited, so what might be the cause ?

Thanks in advance.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Thanks for your amazing mod ! I have two questions :

- Is it possible for me to add Fortress Defense II mod to yours and play normally ?

- During a game with your mod, I had a sudden FPS drop during my third year (from 120 to 10/15 FPS), I have kept the number of dwarves and items in the map very limited, so what might be the cause ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Chaikhou-L-Jabal, thank you.
  • I'm looking at select parts of FDII with v37 right now for testing. Dropping 100% of FDII "as is" into Dark Ages will probably cause crashing during world gen at the very least.
  • FPS solutions for vanilla DF should work: Maximizing Framerate
If turning off temperature or anything on the Wiki boosts fps, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:23:35 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ϟDark Ages II: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Survival Horror [43.05] [v36a]
« Reply #874 on: September 16, 2017, 04:30:54 pm »

My lord told me to go and clear out a nearby necromance tower.  So I went there and killed everyone there.  But when I reported to my lord apparently the tower wasn't clear.  So I went back and even though I destroyed the corpses the tower was once more full to the brim with undead.  So I killed them all again and then went and reported.  but the tower still wasn't clear.  So I returned to the tower and killed everyone for the third time left the site and waited an hour...  And all the undead were back!  O_o

I found the unkillable tower.  It doesn't matter if all within it are slayed and their corpses burned they simply return to life a mere hour later and I can never complete my lords assignment.

There's a trick that had worked against random respawns that I didn't think to try until after I left a tower behind, so I don't know that it works. Try talking to each of the undead. This will turn them into histfigs (and rack up your notable kills) and they won't respawn. If they use the same spawn mechanic as angels, this unfortunately won't work.

Captinjoehenry, can you confirm if this tower clearing trick works?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:33:00 pm by GM-X »

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My lord told me to go and clear out a nearby necromance tower.  So I went there and killed everyone there.  But when I reported to my lord apparently the tower wasn't clear.  So I went back and even though I destroyed the corpses the tower was once more full to the brim with undead.  So I killed them all again and then went and reported.  but the tower still wasn't clear.  So I returned to the tower and killed everyone for the third time left the site and waited an hour...  And all the undead were back!  O_o

I found the unkillable tower.  It doesn't matter if all within it are slayed and their corpses burned they simply return to life a mere hour later and I can never complete my lords assignment.

There's a trick that had worked against random respawns that I didn't think to try until after I left a tower behind, so I don't know that it works. Try talking to each of the undead. This will turn them into histfigs (and rack up your notable kills) and they won't respawn. If they use the same spawn mechanic as angels, this unfortunately won't work.

I would love to do that but this tower has several hundred zombies in it...  Some single tiles have several pages of undead on them...  I'll try it anyways thought.

Ok if you talk to all of them they stay dead but the tower does not count as cleared for my quest from the lord
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:04:25 am by captinjoehenry »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I think I found the problem. The good news is, once the fix is released you'll be able to overwrite your save game raws without generating a new world.

I'm less confident of a loot fix for this after testing over the weekend. Might resort to a workaround.

I would love to do that but this tower has several hundred zombies in it...  Some single tiles have several pages of undead on them...  I'll try it anyways thought.

Ok if you talk to all of them they stay dead but the tower does not count as cleared for my quest from the lord

Thank you Captinjoehenry.

v37 Dev Note: Select & enhanced Fortress Defense II and Creepy Caverns creatures are blending nicely into v37. No ETA, but early tests were stable.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

War & Mythos is getting a Dark Isle in Skyrim! Work is progressing rapidly, and it is terrifying.

Also, v37 is still coming along. I am not blending FDII as is, but instead it's been extensively modified into numerous war-like races which can invade your Fort. Turns out, there was a decent amount of overlap in creatures in that mod, so I've largely replaced them with Dark Ages monsters.

So instead of Minotaur's invading your fort, you will have Greater Minotaur's invading your fort! They will also avail themselves of Dark Ages weaponry and magic.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:51:59 pm by Rammok »

ALWAYSANGRON

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A couple of questions:

What are/ Who are the Legendary Dwarves? When do they show up or where?

Anyone else experience lag or severe cuts in FPS seemingly at random while playing this mod?

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heya, I'm playing v36 and it seems that I can't produce cartridges for my arquebuses in Fort Mode. I'm producing lead arquebus bullets which then get used up in the 'Load cartridges' task. After the task is complete I get nothing but my bag and gunpowder back. No cartridges to be seen.

I'm not running DFHack. Is this a problem for anyone else, or should I try upgrading to v36a?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

A couple of questions:

What are/ Who are the Legendary Dwarves? When do they show up or where?

Anyone else experience lag or severe cuts in FPS seemingly at random while playing this mod?

Hi. Legendary Dwarves are more powerful more ancient vanilla Dwarves. You may want to use Legend Viewer to locate them. They are also playable.

This mod produces hyper active world histories, which can technically use more CPU power. I've found normal FPS solutions recommended for vanilla DF greatly boost FPS: Maximizing Framerate

(Virtual servers and virtual machines, also boost FPS.)

Heya, I'm playing v36 and it seems that I can't produce cartridges for my arquebuses in Fort Mode. I'm producing lead arquebus bullets which then get used up in the 'Load cartridges' task. After the task is complete I get nothing but my bag and gunpowder back. No cartridges to be seen.

I'm not running DFHack. Is this a problem for anyone else, or should I try upgrading to v36a?

Hi DarkerDark, no arquebus cartridges in Fort mode... I thought that was super fixed. I'm taking a closer look now. Thank you for reporting this. 

I found the problem. Please replace the tag block inside of reaction_dark_ages.txt with the following tag block and you should be able to produce cartridges:

Code: [Select]
=========================================================================================================

[REACTION:CARTRIDGE_FRT]
[NAME:load cartridge]
[BUILDING:GUNSHOP:CUSTOM_C]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:gunstones:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET:NONE:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:30]
[REAGENT:gunpowder:20:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GUNPOWDER]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:B][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CARTRIDGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:gunstones:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:30]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

========================================================================================================
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:03:30 am by GM-X »

Horde of unicorns

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, new guy here. Before I say anything, let me just say thank you, GM-X, for an awesome mod.
Anyway, I have a question regarding some of the game aspects I have encountered when playing Adventure Mode.

1. Are the Dark Elves unable to raise their attributes above their initial level ? I tried making several Dark Elf characters and all of them just couldn't do so. Is it an intentional design choice ? If so, then Dark Elf Vampires are an overall better choice.
2. Does toppling statues grant you any ability different than the Soul Bending knowledge ? Is it dependant on the sphere that the god governs ? I'm asking because in Legends Viewer there are many characters who have been granted abilities by profaning the temples that seem not to abide by that rule.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:33:35 pm by Horde of unicorns »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hello, new guy here. Before I say anything, let me just say thank you, GM-X, for an awesome mod.
Anyway, I have a question regarding some of the game aspects I have encountered when playing Adventure Mode.

1. Are the Dark Elves unable to raise their attributes above their initial level ? I tried making several Dark Elf characters and all of them just couldn't do so. Is it an intentional design choice ? If so, then Dark Elf Vampires are an overall better choice.
2. Does toppling statues grant you any ability different than the Soul Bending knowledge ? Is it dependant on the sphere that the god governs ? I'm asking because in Legends Viewer there are many characters who have been granted abilities by profaning the temples that seem not to abide by that rule.

Hi Horde of unicorns. Thank you.

1. Dark Elf attribute gains are not limited in any intentional way (beyond a high cap on mental/physical attributes). I'm not able to locate an explanation in the raws for improvement never happening at all, for any class.

2. Yes it depends on the gods sphere what curse is applied. Where do you see the term "Soul Bending" listed at? 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:14:18 pm by GM-X »

Horde of unicorns

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for the response.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was talking about a Demigod character with High stats there. Ok, so you're saying that when I create a Dark Elf Demigod with High Strength for example, then that characters Strength value will amount to 3550, correct ? But if I make it have Superior Strength, will the value be 4295 ? Or will it roll back to High ?
Also, so the abilities below High can still be doubled in value, right ?

The power that I was talking about is the one that allows oneself to "Reconnect spirit with body" or "Reconnect body with spirit" for example. Soul Bending is just what I have come to call it. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:38:26 pm by Horde of unicorns »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi Horde of unicorns. Thank you.

1. Dark Elf attribute gains are not limited in any intentional way (beyond a high cap on mental/physical attributes). I'm not able to locate an explanation in the raws for improvement never happening at all, for any class.

2. Yes it depends on the gods sphere what curse is applied. Where do you see the term "Soul Bending" listed at?

Thanks for the response.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was talking about a Demigod character with High stats there. Ok, so you're saying that when I create a Dark Elf Demigod with High Strength for example, then that characters Strength value will amount to 3550, correct ? But if I make it have Superior Strength, will the value be 4295 ? Or will it roll back to High ?
Also, so the abilities below High can still be doubled in value, right ?

The power that I was talking about is the one that allows oneself to "Reconnect spirit with body" or "Reconnect body with spirit" for example. Soul Bending is just what I have come to call it. Sorry for the confusion.

You raise a point that key adventure classes may not warrant an attribute cap. 1000 is roughly normal dwarf/human ability across the board:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Attribute

Okay I thought that was the "Soul Bending" you were referring too. It should only depend on the sphere of the temple you profane.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 92