Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457766 times)

Fetch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.3]
« Reply #1275 on: January 04, 2023, 09:22:52 am »

Thanks for the replies! Just a note - looks like the abyssal lich fix didn't take. just got one early summer year 1.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1276 on: January 04, 2023, 04:06:40 pm »

hi it is me again, i have run some tests on the issue ealier yesterday, and managed to generate several worlds with and without mods here are some of the issues:

most of the crash problems including save corruption seens to be related to one of the civs in the mod, whenever i interact with it the game awaysw closes with no error log or bugs, it just "closes" instantly, same as expecting legends mode, or inspecting any settlements of that civ, it seens to be one or more civilizations from the mod and loading them in any way shape or form breaks my game

in one of the saves i started as one dwarven civilization, for some reason my civ had acess to two forgotten beast types during embark screen, no idea how or why (can't even access the legends of my civ without the game crashing) starting with any of the forgotten beasts also causes the game to close, normal starts go as normal https://imgur.com/a/cpQuOdO

Amazing screenshot, thank you for sharing it. A few things:
(1) There is no way to mod forgotten beasts. Appearaning at embark is a vanilla bug which I am reporting to Bay 12 games right now.
(2) I notice in your screenshot you are using the Whaleys Dogs mod - which breaks world generation in DA:5. Likely civilizations which have tons of pets are causing instability upon arrival.
(3) Having said that, which Civ were you interacting with when you got crashing?

Legendsmith: Is the carpenters' shop supposed to have so many things like gem items, stone weapons and items? Personally I find the ability to craft beds out of stone and other items out of a variety of items makes the game easier in a way I don't like.
The main reason these reactions were added was to help on evil biome embarks and to add crafting variety to vanilla. You do not need to use these reactions. Considering the high level of danger, I don't feel they give players any significantly greater chance of survival - outside of evil embarks.

MattFright: I installed the mod today (version 5.0.3) and have been playing with it for a bit, and after reading a bit through the changelogs and the recent posts in this thread i feel like i'd just point out that the issue with Iron Dwarves has not been fixed, and they can still have the "vision lost" status seemingly with no reason. This happened upon starting a fort with two of them, both of them with vision lost.
Fetch: Thanks for the replies! Just a note - looks like the abyssal lich fix didn't take. just got one early summer year 1.
I double checked this for both of you. The fix looks correct for both, but I may need to tinker with Living Statues and Iron Dwarves. Be sure to delete the old versions of the mod to avoid confusion - and double check you are generating new worlds using 5.0.3.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 04:54:24 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

bavarian kid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 04, 2023, 04:30:08 pm »

Dwarf Fortress v50.04 + Mod Dark Ages V 5.0.3

Dead on arrival issue ;)

First year
1. Outpost liaison - DOA on the spot he appeared on the map. No detail messages (fights e.g.) what happened.
2. Received message "The dead walk. Hide while you still can"
I expected the usual undead. Actually appeared on the map: 2 druidic dwarfes and 12 wizards.
However, 6 of the 12 wizards were instantly DOA on the spot they appeared on the map. Not raised as undead later either.
- Wizards in general also had no name descriptions like "corpse".
- Alive Wizards had no entry under the tab "group". Instead the druidic dwarves were members of a nearby wizard tower site government.

Works as intended or a bug? In case of a bug, do you need a save?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1278 on: January 04, 2023, 04:48:44 pm »

Dwarf Fortress v50.04 + Mod Dark Ages V 5.0.3

Dead on arrival issue ;)

First year
1. Outpost liaison - DOA on the spot he appeared on the map. No detail messages (fights e.g.) what happened.
2. Received message "The dead walk. Hide while you still can"
I expected the usual undead. Actually appeared on the map: 2 druidic dwarfes and 12 wizards.
However, 6 of the 12 wizards were instantly DOA on the spot they appeared on the map. Not raised as undead later either.
- Wizards in general also had no name descriptions like "corpse".
- Alive Wizards had no entry under the tab "group". Instead the druidic dwarves were members of a nearby wizard tower site government.

Works as intended or a bug? In case of a bug, do you need a save?

Hi Bavarian kid, thank you for the report. First I'm seeing like this - if you want to share a saved game or screenshots, I would love to look at it.

Fetch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 04, 2023, 05:00:45 pm »

I did previously have trouble getting the game to recognize 5.03.
I ended up manually deleting the folder from mods, then resubscribing and generating a new world. In the in game modlist it says 5.03, so it should be correct? Where else can I check?
Edit: Also, the names for the animals have changed. No longer Great iron Dwarf, etc.
Edit 2: I'm pretty sure I'm on 5.03, since the other changes mentioned are in game. I am consistently getting Liches within a couple of seasons every new embark. In my first game, I got 5 within 3 years. The first was a superpowerful 'deity.' That was an 'untamed wilds' volcano, which I didn't think would cause special characters, but I tried again just in case. Two other starts not in Untamed Wilds, I got one each within like 2 seasons.
Edit 3: Another bug. I'm getting spammed by "yak bull corpse has transformed into an undead head." Like, thousands of notifications a minute. Seen it on two maps now - I think it's happening when a lich kills and raises a creature. It's just constantly generating on top of itself, the gender and items screen are repopulating rapidly.

Trying a complete fresh install. Will update.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 07:23:40 pm by Fetch »

bavarian kid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 05, 2023, 03:18:08 am »

Can do both screenshots and saved games ;)

Game Start: https://mega.nz/file/iiZxnT4I#0EJ5Zag7GRQBACtqoy4GjJ5P0mO7Z57oDVOrTwv3Nlw

Outpost liason DOA

Seems to have died right on the spot he appeared on the map.
Outpost liason DOA saved game: https://mega.nz/file/P6hxlQBb#ppO0febfn9WH8-jSJwt6wA5XIi_R0Qw6tw-3oD4U62U

6 out of 12 wizards DOA

Druids & wizards(?) are from a nearby tower:

6 out of 12 wizards DOA saved game: https://mega.nz/file/H3pnmIKZ#SW5cyfxI8F2HWRo4MLBwvaId1_TSgeB30YqKnx2LTOs

Files are compressed by 7z: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 05, 2023, 03:51:28 am »

(1) There is no way to mod forgotten beasts. Appearaning at embark is a vanilla bug which I am reporting to Bay 12 games right now.

Sorry if im going to jump in and say "Um Actually", but all forgotten beasts are subject to the worldgen settings & [FEATURE_BEAST] token introduced in 47.01, which is customizable to be installing your own as long as you stay within the criteria and set the amount of varied FB's low enough in detailed worldgen settings to generate your FB's reliably over the generated ones ((same for [UNIQUE_DEMON])) unless it radically changed for 50.04.

About them at embark, id check for faults in any of the [ANIMAL] entity token's present in the mod might have inverted fields or inaccessible fields, which can create a unintended effect of rendering hardcoded creatures able to be picked (squamous knows more about this than i do). But im sure its just a bug anyway without looking at the code in-depth.

Edit - On closer consideration, the ability to prune forgotten beast numbers like on 47.05 has not been ported to this version of dwarf fortress, so technically this statement is correct. You can add your [FEATURE_BEAST], but it will be drowned out by uneditable randomly generated examples.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 04:15:03 pm by FantasticDorf »

GhostPutty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 05, 2023, 03:46:20 pm »

I noticed you have some CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION to create lesser vampires and master vampires. You use [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION] to generate some history strings for these events. Can you confirm if these show up in legends? I am trying to do something similar, but I get no entries.

Code: [Select]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: cursed ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: to stalk the night in search of blood]

Did you have to do something very specific to get this to work?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.4]
« Reply #1283 on: January 06, 2023, 02:22:17 am »

Thank you for the feedback and screenshots! The release of DF 50.05 should resolve a number of issues.
Hot fixes in (5.0.4):
  • Wizards now correctly use Human Layered Graphics
  • Should fully stop Liches from attacking Newbie Forts
  • Increased cool down of the Raise Undead Head Power
  • Fixed missing tags from certain Undead Curses
  • Updates other attack triggers

Bavarian kid, let me know if this fixes your saved game or not. Even if you do start a new world, which I recommend.

bavarian kid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.4]
« Reply #1284 on: January 06, 2023, 06:04:34 am »

Cannot confirm. I am inable to load the saved game previously linked in this thread.

Updated today to Dwarf Fortress 50.05 (save corruption fix) + Dark Ages V 5.0.4, created a new world, started a new game.

Saved games
File I Game start https://mega.nz/file/TywREQLC#gHKq7T_li-EtFFBWb2NakjwE80s6oVfdcXf0864TZNI
File II After second migrant wave https://mega.nz/file/e2Yg3QTY#77OsJH1t8fe0tsaRW0_E6PlbY_9uLwv1jd2kV1qlEJs

Problem: I am able to load file I, but not file II.

Not sure if that inability to load the saved game file II is base game related (another unresolved save corruption issue?) or mod related.

Edit: error log shows "Steam API Init failed" - potentially related issue https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/view.php?id=12018
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 12:31:58 pm by bavarian kid »

Fetch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 06, 2023, 10:42:53 am »

With 5.03 and a fresh install - the problems I was experiencing are gone. When the current fort dies I'll update to the new version. Thanks!

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 09, 2023, 08:22:39 am »

I saw that Erinyes/Valkyries were removed from the official collection, did it become incompatible? And, the mod that the author of it create, the one that adds a playable race of Stella Elves

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.4]
« Reply #1287 on: January 10, 2023, 01:55:43 pm »

I saw that Erinyes/Valkyries were removed from the official collection, did it become incompatible? And, the mod that the author of it create, the one that adds a playable race of Stella Elves

Mileage with extra civs will vary. Currently I'm unable to test them extensively. If they work for you, let me know? Once vanilla is stable I will put more well-tested mods on the list.

Sorry if im going to jump in and say "Um Actually", but all forgotten beasts are subject to the worldgen settings & [FEATURE_BEAST] token introduced in 47.01, which is customizable to be installing your own as long as you stay within the criteria and set the amount of varied FB's low enough in detailed worldgen settings to generate your FB's reliably over the generated ones ((same for [UNIQUE_DEMON])) unless it radically changed for 50.04.

About them at embark, id check for faults in any of the [ANIMAL] entity token's present in the mod might have inverted fields or inaccessible fields, which can create a unintended effect of rendering hardcoded creatures able to be picked (squamous knows more about this than i do). But im sure its just a bug anyway without looking at the code in-depth.

Edit - On closer consideration, the ability to prune forgotten beast numbers like on 47.05 has not been ported to this version of dwarf fortress, so technically this statement is correct. You can add your [FEATURE_BEAST], but it will be drowned out by uneditable randomly generated examples.

Thank you for chiming in about this FantasticDorf please feel free to "Um Actually" anytime. This was confirmed to be a (mostly) fixed vanilla bug.

Cannot confirm. I am inable to load the saved game previously linked in this thread.

Updated today to Dwarf Fortress 50.05 (save corruption fix) + Dark Ages V 5.0.4, created a new world, started a new game.

Saved games
File I Game start https://mega.nz/file/TywREQLC#gHKq7T_li-EtFFBWb2NakjwE80s6oVfdcXf0864TZNI
File II After second migrant wave https://mega.nz/file/e2Yg3QTY#77OsJH1t8fe0tsaRW0_E6PlbY_9uLwv1jd2kV1qlEJs

Problem: I am able to load file I, but not file II.

Not sure if that inability to load the saved game file II is base game related (another unresolved save corruption issue?) or mod related.

Edit: error log shows "Steam API Init failed" - potentially related issue https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/view.php?id=12018

Thank you for posting these details. There are still serious vanilla bugs breaking saved games. Although many people play for 100+ hours without any issues. Here are some of the factors being discussed:

• [This appears to be related to cavern dwellers. See reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/zwdpjy/anybody_figured_out_what_causes_crash_on_load/ Reverting to an earlier autosave and turning cavern dweller scale and cavern dweller maximum attackers to 0 in custom difficulty settings allowed my fortress to get past the year/season where it was corrupting before.
  • so i can narrow this save corruption down to the huge amount of rodent men spawning on 20th slate and fighting the firebreathing fb there. the saves after that will get consistently corrupted. (the fb fighting isnt the cause, since it had many fights before that)
  • My case is a bit different, as saves "before" don't get corrupted, only those that happen after dwellers attack. And it's also reproduceable in my case. As long as I don't encounter cave dwellers - saves are fine. But he moment I get the popup - save is doomed to be corrupted
  • I'm having an issue loading the most recent/current save for my game on 50.05, it's getting stuck on Loading Army Units and then crashing to desktop after running out of RAM... The autosave a month or so before this current save seems to load fine.

Currently in DA:5 subterranean entities are cut out. I am going to cut rodent men because they are overpopulating. Unclear if this helps avoid corruption problems for long - but it may help a bit while we wait for more DF patches. One workaround? -Never quit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 03:10:01 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.5]
« Reply #1288 on: January 11, 2023, 11:28:28 pm »

Update: (5.0.5) - Other than hot fixes this will likely be the last content update until DF is patched for bugs reported in the post above. ^
  • (QoL) Removes overpopulating cavern dwellers to increase FPS and vanilla save/load stability. (Previous versions of dark ages reduced or removed these by default.)
  • No Animal men, bats, birds, or rats in caverns. (These compete with more developed creatures for map units and encounters.)
  • Fixed missing tags from certain curses / powers
  • Tested for Dwarven Mages plug-in mod

Grants all Dwarves the power to cast five basic attack spells. These spells affect one target and can only be used once every 12-hours or less. Arcane powers develop over a period of time playing Fortress Mode. Dwarves assigned to squads with weapons may not employ spells. Fire spreads and causal fights could turn highly dangerous. Plan fort layouts accordingly. A similar set of spell-like powers existed in DA:IV for Legendary Dwarves - they are reasonably well tested and slightly toned down.
  • No Aging
  • No Exertion
  • Fire Jet
  • Ice Blast
  • Lightening Bolt
  • Mud Blast
  • Sleep Hex

Download Dwarven Mages plug-in mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2916698216
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 03:15:33 pm by GM-X »

noPickNoLife

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Dwarven Mages [5.0.5]
« Reply #1289 on: January 15, 2023, 05:20:05 am »

Hello,

is there a way to remove the web spell from the wizards? I just got hit with a siege with 60 wizards and all of them spammed the web spell. Kinda impossible to beat so I blocked all entrances in my fortress and waited for them to leave.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92