Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171539 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2014, 05:53:01 am »

> Take her.

((Reading up x_x))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2014, 05:56:52 am »

((Did I miss heaps of days accidently? Pretty sure other than people trying to ask Steve for stuff they should have done a few days ago, doing stuff they should have done a few days ago, or space magicing stuff into existence, we're all more or less in the same area with Gorat holding the leash, Sambo pointing a gun at her, a guide pointing us in the "right" direction (soon to be lasered no doubt), and us all about to go in that general direction. Probably.

Actually, I'm name/character-name stupid. If you want Sambo to belligerently swear at you by character name, put it in your posts. It kind of makes it easier on pw as well, but only so he can ignore my posts.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:20:25 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2014, 11:16:07 am »

"Feyri, you should keep both of your hands free for your weapons. I can use my amps and lead her at the same time if it becomes necessary."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2014, 03:39:29 pm »

Quote from: @Steve
I can borrow it the problem is that there are issues of getting teammates to cooperate and to do so quickly can you at least give me direct orders to investigate?
ask
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2014, 04:02:40 pm »

Gorat turns towards Konrad and asks "Is something wrong, Konrad?"

((Gorat has a laser rifle that Konrad can borrow, at least. Of course, the last time someone borrowed a laser rifle from Gorat, they were run over by a monster. Twice.))

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2014, 07:10:32 pm »

"Hrmm. Fine by me. I'll try not to sit on it."

Follow the group and keep a close eye out for anything that looks like trouble.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2014, 07:19:43 pm »

Follow others whenever we finally get this show on the loosely defined path we are supposed to follow to the pit. Intuitively scan for danger.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2014, 01:13:43 am »

Gorat turns towards Konrad and asks "Is something wrong, Konrad?"

((Gorat has a laser rifle that Konrad can borrow, at least. Of course, the last time someone borrowed a laser rifle from Gorat, they were run over by a monster. Twice.))

"I just need an implement to behead our lady friend just before we toss her into the pit, that way we can question her and ensure that this is really some form of xeno tech or xenos rather than something of unsound motivation, with the amount of fire power, literally fire in my case, the creature itself should be easily dealt with even if it chooses a new host as we can toss the host into the pit with their helm on and just have the doc treat them for any injuries."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2014, 04:29:34 am »

"Do try that, Morul." Gorat says with a smirk behind his faceplate as he gives Morul the shock trigger. To Konrad he says "If you think you're a good enough shot with a laser rifle to behead her, you can get mine. If. Does anyone else have a cutting implement that may be better suited to the task?" He asks around.

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2014, 07:44:24 am »

"Well, I've got a cleaver. And a sledgehammer in case it gets stuck in a bit of bone. It'll be a bloody mess, but it'll do the job regardless, no batteries or bullshit needed. This'll be our backup, in case no sod's got anything better."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:47:32 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2014, 09:32:58 am »

"I've got a micro and mass amp. I can easily cut or rip limbs off if needed."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2014, 11:41:43 am »

"Tek is all for attempting to save this woman, but we have to look at the reality of the situation.  There is definitely something unusual going on here judging by the amount of heat she is radiating.  Tek is trying to keep an open mind, but this doesn't seem like a hoax so far, Konrad.

"If we behead her before she goes into the pit, the Eater may very well choose a new host because we did not complete the full ritual.  That would mean that, after we behead the current host, we'd have to kill the new host, likely one of our teammates, in order to finish the mission.  Are we really willing to risk the death of one of our own?  The Eater may do something to the body when it expires that leaves the head damaged and unrevivable."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:52:35 am by Nunzillor »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2014, 12:11:13 pm »

"Which is where our amps will come in, if we do decide to try and save her. We can use them at a distance. They are the best option not only to kill her from a save distance, but to kill her in a revivable way.

Test. Are the ghosts back?

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2014, 12:31:14 pm »

"Look. Can we just drag this person over there, put her in this pit, and kill her and get this over with? I don't want to spend more time around the heat demon than I have to."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2014, 12:43:38 pm »

"All for it. Unfortunately, not everyone is quite ready. Maybe we should leave them behind. Especially if they are experimenting."

Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89