Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171471 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2015, 06:23:29 pm »

Follow the other wall. Look for interesting things.

Do we have thermally insulated and/or airtight loot boxes? If so, cram a few completely full of frozen oxygen. Make sure they are very well sealed. They should explode when opened.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:12:28 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 19, 2015, 06:49:52 pm »

back to dragging the eater
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 19, 2015, 06:54:43 pm »

Do the same, and double-time it if it looks like we can reach the destination today. If the Eater is too heavy to easily move, CAREFULLY try to trim the sarcophagus down a little.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #858 on: January 19, 2015, 08:30:10 pm »

Tek was still pretty confused, but he wasn't quite ready to give up trying to figure out what was going on.

See if the transportation effect is consciously controllable.  First, try to willfully dampen it.  Then, concentrate on an area in the distance and see if that affects anything.  If that doesn't work, see if the mummies are doing it by pointing to a distant area and making jumping or teleporting motions with two-fingered people representations to see if they transport over there.  If they don't understand, stop walking and allow himself to be dragged.  See if the transportation effect persists.

Also, feel head.  Anything on there?  Is it cold to the touch?

Try and will the fire to gather around his temple.  See if that works.

Does Tek still have his wrist computer?  If so, call up a confused emoticon on the display, show it to a mummy, and point at the emoticon and then point back at himself.  Then, leave several different types of images available on the screen (especially emoticons) and gesture to the mummy to use the wristpad.  See if they point at an image or start manipulating the wristpad.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:17:46 pm by Nunzillor »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2015, 11:17:04 am »

Try to ascertain whether I'm still bleeding or have taken any other clear damage.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2015, 01:10:39 pm »

"Welp, back to dragging. I guess my gun getting destroyed takes me off heating duty." Help drag the eater to where we need to go " ... Who here has digging tools that would be effective in sand?" Vincent then notices a strange potion has appeared on his person and procedes to take a sip of potion 28
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:13:00 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2015, 01:14:53 pm »

I hope we can offload the Eater by nightfall. I don't know that we can take another night of this shit.

Nunzillor

« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2015, 03:21:40 pm »

((Tek is on the way.  If the mummies are co-operative (they seem to be) we can use them as free labor, hopefully wrap this up with the extra workforce.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2015, 03:32:20 pm »

Keep pulling.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2015, 07:42:12 pm »

"I have an idea for tonight if we don't make it to our destination by then, we need digging tools though"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 21, 2015, 04:34:03 am »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:40:17 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 21, 2015, 06:48:42 am »

Feyri let herself be parted from her laser gun and breathed relief at the sudden lack of danger.

Is there anyone wounded at the moment?

Do the same, and double-time it if it looks like we can reach the destination today. If the Eater is too heavy to easily move, CAREFULLY try to trim the sarcophagus down a little.
Commit to aiding this effort. Also examine the sarcophagus.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #867 on: January 21, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »

"You are here, Dubs. I will follow the wall one way. You follow the other. If anything good or bad is found, give signal."

Follow the wall. Get a sense for the shape of the chamber.
It's sort of an oval shape with bulges and divots that break up the outline a bit.

Follow the other wall. Look for interesting things.

Do we have thermally insulated and/or airtight loot boxes? If so, cram a few completely full of frozen oxygen. Make sure they are very well sealed. They should explode when opened.

Air tight? Yes. Thermally insulated well enough to keep the oxygen frozen? No.

This room is fairly uninteresting beyond what you've already seen, but you do find the exit out if the chamber. It's a hole in the wall 25 feet up off the ground.

Tek was still pretty confused, but he wasn't quite ready to give up trying to figure out what was going on.

See if the transportation effect is consciously controllable.  First, try to willfully dampen it.  Then, concentrate on an area in the distance and see if that affects anything.  If that doesn't work, see if the mummies are doing it by pointing to a distant area and making jumping or teleporting motions with two-fingered people representations to see if they transport over there.  If they don't understand, stop walking and allow himself to be dragged.  See if the transportation effect persists.

Also, feel head.  Anything on there?  Is it cold to the touch?

Try and will the fire to gather around his temple.  See if that works.

Does Tek still have his wrist computer?  If so, call up a confused emoticon on the display, show it to a mummy, and point at the emoticon and then point back at himself.  Then, leave several different types of images available on the screen (especially emoticons) and gesture to the mummy to use the wristpad.  See if they point at an image or start manipulating the wristpad.

It is controllable in that it can be turned on and off but the distance is always the same: from one sand dune to the next.
You appear to be wearing a crown, judging from what you can feel. You try to remove it but it seems to be very much stuck in place.
Nah.
Your suit, along with basically everything else you had, was either destroyed or left back where this started.

Good news, you catch up with the rest of the group.

Try to ascertain whether I'm still bleeding or have taken any other clear damage.

You appear to be back to...a relative degree of normal.

"Welp, back to dragging. I guess my gun getting destroyed takes me off heating duty." Help drag the eater to where we need to go " ... Who here has digging tools that would be effective in sand?" Vincent then notices a strange potion has appeared on his person and procedes to take a sip of potion 28
NOPE. SIP NOT ALLOWED. CHUG TIME.

You drink the potion and feel...well...pretty much the same. So you walk over toward the sarcophagus to start moving it and are suddenly overwhelmed with feelings of ecstasy and euphoria. You fall down in  sand and start writing around in pleasure and uncontrollable joy.

Ok, so I know there were "Push Eater" related actions but here's the deal. As you're getting ready to do that, a fucking green flame mummy king and his posse teleport right next to the group in a puff of sand. This seems the sort of thing that would draw attention.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 21, 2015, 03:36:35 pm »

"I don't know what this shit is, but it's WOOOONNNDERFULL!" Continue rolling around in the sand in ecstasy ((This is the best potion for Vincent so far xD, I guess that means there is none left now?))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 21, 2015, 03:40:12 pm »

"Alright, let's get to moving the HOLY DICKBALLS WHAT IS THAT"

Take about 10 steps back from Mummy-Man. Shoulder the PewPew Rifle and ask these bastards who they are, what they want, and where the tits they came from.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 89