Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171501 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #960 on: February 08, 2015, 10:36:11 am »

If the fireship gets too close - Quickly dial up the stasis suit and push the stasis button.
Otherwise... help with whatever the others are doing.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:24:08 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 08, 2015, 12:21:31 pm »

Think back, people! The job is to kill the Eater, at some sort of pit, while the Sun is directly overhead. You can bet your ass THAT *wave wildly at the sky murderball* is the Sun, so we're halfway there. We've got 3 options:

1.) Run like cowards
2.) Kill the Eater right here and hope it's good enough
3.) Try to tear ass towards the Pit.

I'm in favor or 2 or 3, maybe make one of the mummy's goons kill it. Running likely means failing the mission, after we've come so far and lost so many. We need to finish this.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #962 on: February 08, 2015, 01:44:33 pm »

((Do we have time to unearth it for transport or killing, though?  Maybe the mass amp could do it quickly... I'm willing to have a mummy try and kill it if someone can dig it up.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 08, 2015, 02:23:14 pm »

Experiments to see how the fireballs react to fire.
Pour some alcohol in my hand and light it on fire. See if they react.
Activate one of my maneuvering rockets, set to low of course so I don't go cartwheeling into a wall. See if they react.
Activate my rockets. Buzz mode. see how they react.
Fly up to the hole.

If at any point the fireballs react, then stop testing fire/rockets, and use the grappling hook to get to the hole.
If at any point the Fireballs act hostile or the temperature gets too hot, then GTFO, and help Chief GTFO as well.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 08, 2015, 02:27:30 pm »

Killing, we can get it killed, just unload on the mound and we'll get it done. Though we should probably get it up top first, so there are no shadows...

Transport, I don't know. Depends on how fast that thing is coming down, really. In either case, running isn't the answer: the job isn't done.

Nunzillor

« Reply #965 on: February 08, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

"Although we have a 'sun' overhead by some interpretations of the word, we are not near the final pit.  On further reflection, we believe it was stated that both criteria must be met: sun and specific location.  Otherwise we could've simply dug a pit without shadow and thrown it in.  Killing the Eater at this point seems more likely to just force it to change hosts... but that may be enough. 

It is weaker directly after switching:  maybe this new weakness will slow the rate at which our sphere of damning judgement approaches and allow us to more easily transport the Eater in a temporarily weaker form, giving us a greater window of opportunity here.  Give us a weapon and we shall try it.

Alternatively, its death at this point may cause it to simply reunite with the judgement sphere.  Or end it for good.  Who can say?  We agree it is worth a shot."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:19:19 pm by Nunzillor »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 08, 2015, 04:04:42 pm »

((Oh fuck, if that sun kills the eater, it BECOMES THE EATER))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 09, 2015, 11:08:18 am »

We're in the neighborhood, at least. Maybe that counts for something. In any case, let's get to it!

Start digging out the Eater. When/if we get visual, bake it a little with the laser rifle (medium power, medium-high dispersion) if it starts acting uppity. Stop if one of the mummy goons kills it.

((If Tir needs to be puppeted, should we send her off ahead to actually get a pair of eyes on the "Pit" ?))

EDIT: And conscript anyone around that isn't doing anything to help me dig this damned thing out.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:27:48 pm by Hapah »

Nunzillor

« Reply #968 on: February 09, 2015, 03:13:37 pm »

((Maybe she could help heat?  I think someone lent her a laser.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 09, 2015, 03:19:47 pm »

((Maybe she could help heat?  I think someone lent her a laser.))
((Might be, but I know I took one off her when she was MIA the last time the Eater got pissy. I never did update my wiki entry though, could someone check that RQ?))

Nunzillor

« Reply #970 on: February 09, 2015, 03:38:04 pm »

((Well, Feyri's wiki says she has the laser.  But I'm not sure myself.  In any case I guess we could just ask her to heat it if she has the laser and otherwise get her to scout the pit?  A conditional action?  Here:))

I authorize someone to cancel this action if they want Feyri to do something else.  Feyri should heat the Eater with a laser if she has one once the Eater is somewhat unearthed.  If she doesn't have one, she should head to the pit and report its description to the group.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:55:31 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 09, 2015, 04:07:08 pm »

((I lent Feyri one of the prototype laser cannons. It's not on the wiki. She should be heating with it.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 09, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »

((I lent Feyri one of the prototype laser cannons. It's not on the wiki. She should be heating with it.))
((And then I stole it to heat the Eater, which is also not on the wiki. We're bad at this.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #973 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:31 am »

((Look, Feyri had one laser listed on the wiki.  If she also had another laser given to her at one point that was never added to the wiki, she had two lasers.  If one laser was taken, she would still have one left.  I think.  In any case it doesn't matter because the action is conditional.  If she has a laser, she will heat with it.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 10, 2015, 06:45:19 pm »

((From the ghost of Sambo past, and sort of now: Aren't you meant to be stealing the Eater or looking for a way of weaponizing it? Isn't a great, big flaming sun thing sort of this thing weaponized? Assuming having one makes the other one appear, just dump it on a planet you don't like, let it kill some people and wait for a murder-ball-death-sun to appear to finish the job. Problem solved. You should steal Sambo-Eater now.
Also, with hot things being bad for the Eater (in theory, apparently sand is actually its natural enemy), won't the sun-thing (in theory) be bad for the Eater? Especially if it's made of sand as well. Then it might really die.
Or it could be a mobile egg, motionless sperm thingy to make little baby Sambo-Eaters. Which means he might manage to score, even when dead. But you'll all be dead too, so it's fine.
Just thoughts from the cold, cold, but possibly soon to be very hot, grave.))
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 89