Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170791 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1155 on: March 01, 2015, 12:40:45 am »

Someone wanna slap Tiruin out of hibernation?
Oh, she said she had a family emergency a few hours back.
Dunno if that's finished with.
Edit:
((Mmph, family emergency happened; will be posting later--destination: MedBay...as the local doctor.))
Here, she's still offline.
((I already PMed her, not knowing about her family issue.  Now I feel bad about it.  Hope everything turns out okay.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 01, 2015, 03:32:23 am »

Sometimes I feel like Ti spreads herself too thin. She's in like 50 games, lives in a time zone that only seems to come around every third day and is constantly fighting against her internet connection.

Maybe we should get her a designated surrogate player.

Anyone around here good at being well intentioned but often hilariously self destructive?

((Well, I did play Stacy for the longest time. Does that count? Don't think I could sub in for Tiruin, though, given how different we are personality-wise. If Lenglon wasn't having a spotty internet connection as well, I'd nominate her as a good pick.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 01, 2015, 09:52:19 am »

Edit:
((Mmph, family emergency happened; will be posting later--destination: MedBay...as the local doctor.))
Sometimes I feel like Ti spreads herself too thin. She's in like 50 games, lives in a time zone that only seems to come around every third day and is constantly fighting against her internet connection.

Anyone around here good at being well intentioned but often hilariously self destructive?
((I technically am, as seen in many games I play in, but it's in a far more selfish flavour. Plus I already have Xan and that's probably enough psychosis for me on it's own.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 01, 2015, 09:56:58 am »

((Well, I did play Stacy for the longest time. Does that count? Don't think I could sub in for Tiruin, though, given how different we are personality-wise. If Lenglon wasn't having a spotty internet connection as well, I'd nominate her as a good pick.))

((Feyri could be played by Lenglon, and she said I could auto Lyra for her while she was gone. So technically, I could play Feyri. Not that I feel I'd do a good job with that, and I'm not sure if I want to condemn one of the oldest characters to death without explicit permission to do so.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 01, 2015, 05:01:52 pm »

Edit:

((Family emergency == I didn't mention it last Friday/Saturday because of the net condition :-X instead of anything else
...And that yes is @Lenglon. Or SC. :D))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 01, 2015, 05:57:30 pm »

Hopefully things resolve themselves in an okay and timely manner D=
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 01, 2015, 06:05:54 pm »

but the actual timeline of "Events" won't move forward until she posts or someone posts for her.
((Y'all could've taken the time to RP a ton~ :P
Also I caught up. Oops.))

That way you all don't die because someone was napping.
((Glad to know Its all my fault! No pressure here ._. eep))

((I already PMed her, not knowing about her family issue.  Now I feel bad about it.  Hope everything turns out okay.))
((I was going to reply to the PM, but then I noticed this--so thanks either way c:
That was a very nice thing that you did.))

((I somewhat nearly forgot that I can 'buzz' around as mentioned before, using my rockets))

-snip-
(Err, may I request a link to my own sheet? :-\ :-X Net = not that good here)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:42:11 pm by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1162 on: March 01, 2015, 06:08:25 pm »

((You mean this? http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Feyri_Nirel
EDIT: You've got high intuition, could use that to do something. Figure out when the best moment to take cover is, maybe. Because there's a shockwave coming your way.))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:10:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 01, 2015, 06:38:15 pm »

((Sorry for that [and related things]! I'm thinking of a thousand ways to handle the scenario and not thinking about trying to link all those ways up >_>))

Right, please be my eyes here. Stabilize the coffin and warn me ahead so I can activate the rockets to get a boost--I'm unsure how long you can hold, but I will not doubt that we will make it.

I am not knowledgeable in those amps or manipulators, or on anything Bothe discussed aeons ago, or on any of the more complex conservation laws, but that's my theory. Any weapon on-person is yours to use.

Intuition roll: Go! How long until the designated area, and how steady is the landscape beneath me?
Keep on running--and utilize rockets if I perceive it as a good alternative! {Coordinate first though}
Suggest towards Morul to try to stabilize the Eater from feeling...external...momentum, and test to increase speed. {Coordinate first though}

...Unless you can provide a force of near equal standing to the speed I can create here, we may be in a pickle. A very fiery pickle.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:42:32 pm by Tiruin »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 01, 2015, 10:35:55 pm »

"The hells am I supposed to do that? I could hold it steady with the amp, but that would mean holding us both still as well, which would defeat the purpose of running. Honestly, we'd be better off just ignoring the whole "No flying" part, and jetting along as fast as ya can go. I'm sure it can get worse, but not by too much. We're being chased by a very angry fire god for fucks sake. Just lemme grab on, and fire up the rockets. Fly low if you want, but go fast."

If Feyri readies to fly off, grab ahold of the eater, or her somehow, and hold on because I'm damn sure my life depends on it. Be ready to use my mass amp to nudge any incoming projectiles away from us.

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 01, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »

((Why don't you try using the coffin as a skateboard? Tiruin can be on top jetting it along while the coffin is always in contact with the ground.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:56 am »

((Drag.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1167 on: March 02, 2015, 10:59:12 am »

Climb up, then, and secure the grappling hook. With Dubley's help if necessary.
I'm not even gonna roll. You guys get up there and the rope is secure.

((Sorry for that [and related things]! I'm thinking of a thousand ways to handle the scenario and not thinking about trying to link all those ways up >_>))

Right, please be my eyes here. Stabilize the coffin and warn me ahead so I can activate the rockets to get a boost--I'm unsure how long you can hold, but I will not doubt that we will make it.

I am not knowledgeable in those amps or manipulators, or on anything Bothe discussed aeons ago, or on any of the more complex conservation laws, but that's my theory. Any weapon on-person is yours to use.

Intuition roll: Go! How long until the designated area, and how steady is the landscape beneath me?
Keep on running--and utilize rockets if I perceive it as a good alternative! {Coordinate first though}
Suggest towards Morul to try to stabilize the Eater from feeling...external...momentum, and test to increase speed. {Coordinate first though}

...Unless you can provide a force of near equal standing to the speed I can create here, we may be in a pickle. A very fiery pickle.
Ti, in the last major post I already said you guys were about 20% there. If you're gonna do this roll, I recommend focusing it towards something better.

So, feyri starts flying near the ground at a pretty good rate with morul hanging on to the eater's capsule.

A few things happen in relatively quick succession. The first is that the eater starts freaking out even more the instant they leave the ground. Doesn't seem to matter they're only a few feet up, the coffin starts jerking around like a paint mixer. Morul struggles to keep hold and shifts his grip to feyri's shoulders but still gets thrown off and goes tumbling through the sand at high speed. Luckily his robotic body isn't injured by the fall. Normally I'd wait to see if Feyri would go back and help or just keep going but it's kind of a moot point since she gets swatted out of the air by the shockwave that rolls in shortly there after. She goes face first into the sand and sinks in up to her waist. The eater's coffin bounces of into the sand and proceeds to start swelling up and cracking, clearly beginning to fail.

They've made it 55% of the way.

The rest of you stay low behind that sand dune and are uninjured by wall of sound and force which sweeps over you. Though it does partially bury you in sand from the crumbling dune.

The thing up above uncoils several more tendrils like the first one, and they move out in slow slithering patterns, searching for a place to dig.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1168 on: March 02, 2015, 11:48:56 am »

((Any one else recommends running? There's not much else we can really do here.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 02, 2015, 11:50:23 am »

Explore the tunnel, then. Surely me and Dubs will be just fine here in the bowels of the devil.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89