Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171494 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1215 on: March 08, 2015, 02:54:12 am »

Tir Action: Bust the Eater out of the coffin as best she can without hurting it or getting melted. Then grab Morul and run like hell.
((shouldn't that be flying?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #1216 on: March 08, 2015, 08:03:57 am »

((specifically, get it out of the coffin and somehow drag it along on the way to the pit?  Or bust it out of the coffin, give up, and run away?  Just wanted to know either way))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:17:19 am by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1217 on: March 08, 2015, 09:29:03 am »

((Only way to grab it is by using an amp (or something more durable than a MK3, I wish I was in this mission so I could help), since she'd probably burn otherwise. So the most obvious way to carry it is by flying Morul towards the pit and having Morul carry it via amp.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:31:03 am by Parisbre56 »

Nunzillor

« Reply #1218 on: March 08, 2015, 09:37:07 am »

((Makes the most sense.  I still don't understand the point of fully removing the Eater from the coffin, though.  At least in any case sending it to voidspace is still an option on the table just in case.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:08:07 am by Nunzillor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 08, 2015, 10:26:47 am »

((Only way to grab it is by using an amp (or something more durable than a MK3, I wish I was in this mission so I could help), since she'd probably burn otherwise. So the most obvious way to carry it is by flying Morul towards the pit and having Morul carry it via amp.))
((This is what I was pondering as an action here, but unsure as to the distance between me, Morul, and the sarcophagus given PW's description back there. The sudden *flop* due to buzzing really surprised me given the assumption that buzzing = a 'tiny raise in altitude to support the thrust', with 'tiny' = a few inches or so.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 08, 2015, 11:21:35 am »

Tir Action: Bust the Eater out of the coffin as best she can without hurting it or getting melted. Then grab Morul and run like hell.
((shouldn't that be flying?))
Yeah, but I assume that "like hell" translates into "as fast as possible".

((specifically, get it out of the coffin and somehow drag it along on the way to the pit?  Or bust it out of the coffin, give up, and run away?  Just wanted to know either way))
The latter.

((Makes the most sense.  I still don't understand the point of fully removing the Eater from the coffin, though.  At least in any case sending it to voidspace is still an option on the table just in case.))
Just trying to get it out and let it do whatever it's gonna do.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1221 on: March 09, 2015, 04:35:04 pm »

Ok so here's the short version of what happens since I have to start some homework.

Feyri runs over, smashes whats left of the top of the coffin thats restraining the thing, and then immediately gets blown away by a combination of the force of the escaping eater as well as several shockwaves which toss her and Morul around like ragdolls. The Eater, freed, starts screaming loud enough to blow out their mics and tearing away at it's own body with it's bare hands while also projecting an expanding aura of heat so powerful that it is burning the sand. Not melting it, burning it.

Everyone else, who is in various postures of running and hiding, gets blown off their feet and onto their collective asses but no one is seriously injured yet. The "Sun's" tendrils are retracting and coming in closer, reaching more for the area where the team is. Chances of them surviving a hit by one of those things: Nil.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 09, 2015, 04:49:42 pm »

And what of us irrelevant folks exploring underground? Do we notice anything?
Continue travelling up the spiral tunnel.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1223 on: March 09, 2015, 04:54:57 pm »

((I think now qualifies as a good time to use my potion.))

Use my potion.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 09, 2015, 05:55:02 pm »

Run away from the sun as fast as I can. If I can find my way to where the city was cool, but moving as far away from the sun as I can gets priority "Steve, I'm pretty sure there's nothing more any of us can do at this point. If you haven't yet, please send a shuttle to pick up any of us that can get away from this sun-like creature, I'm not sure I would advise letting the shuttle get anywhere close to it though"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #1225 on: March 09, 2015, 07:08:15 pm »

"Your souls are forfeit.  Even I, King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen, ancient and awesome god-king of Q'Baja, am no match for the great one. 

Yea, Ra the God of Gods has come, no doubt to bring us to Anubis.  And who amongst us can truly say that their soul weighs less than a feather?  Surely, eternal darkness awaits at the maw of the Monster."

Half of the zombies shall bow down in worship to the great God above them.  The other, more heretical half will carry King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen away from Ra's wrath in a hopeless gesture of retreat.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:21:24 pm by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:32 pm »

((Should I make Tir shoot it, maybe? I know what's happened every other time so I'm more than a little hesitant; but the Eater is tearing itself apart already))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 09, 2015, 08:45:01 pm »

((Should I make Tir shoot it, maybe? I know what's happened every other time so I'm more than a little hesitant; but the Eater is tearing itself apart already))

((From what I can tell, the only way Feyri survives at this point anyways is if Morul manages to Void both of them. I'd say make it a conditional action on Morul unable to bring both of them into the void))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 09, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »

And what of us irrelevant folks exploring underground? Do we notice anything?
((This, basically--is there anywa I could've recovered using my boosters in regards to the force throwing us around?))

Status update?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 10, 2015, 03:43:36 am »

Run away from the tentacles of firey murder death into the cool breeze of the night desert
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89