Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: IronTomato Plays The Sims 3: THE FIRST DAY DAWNS  (Read 11220 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays The Sims 3
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 04:33:06 am »

But what would the band be called, hmm?

Bay12 Five? Shock and Ore? Adamäntium?

Irön has a nice ring to it, for more metal focused themes.

Stupid Dwarf Trick for something like Bay12's Liquid Tension Experiment.

We could actually have two guitars, if not for the fact that the venues are set up to be massively dumb, with only one of each instrument available on the venue. I guess you could manually edit them all, but... pain in the dick.

So, for now, I call bass.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:35:13 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 08:12:31 am »

But what would the band be called, hmm?

Bay12 Five? Shock and Ore? Adamäntium?
We will be the Forgotten Beasts. Beware their cacophonous noise!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:03 am »

...I do a lot of vocal work. I may be an actor here, but I'm a singer by trade. I shall be the lead singer!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 10:22:32 am »

...I do a lot of vocal work. I may be an actor here, but I'm a singer by trade. I shall be the lead singer!

...except that's not actually a role in a band. That was added with another expansion, which also happens to utterly suck.

The instruments are:
- Guitar
- Bass
- Drums
- Piano/Synth (looks like the latter, but I had a jazz-band, so the sound was that of a piano).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2014, 11:07:10 am »

Fail...

At least he complain from the sidelines about the lack of a lead.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2014, 03:46:24 am »

Irön has a nice ring to it, for more metal focused themes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We will be the Forgotten Beasts. Beware their cacophonous noise!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:24:31 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 05:05:43 am »

Holy crap Mech#4, those look awesome!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 06:12:54 am »

Actually... the two separately are good names, but you know what would be better?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:22 am »

I hope we get an actual gameplay update soon.

Not that I have any right to complain when it comes to update pacing :P
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 10:50:46 am »

Yeah, IronTomato, bring us our update, you boob.

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide between a normal house and an apartment. I don't want to have things get crowded too early on in a place where I can't expand, and have the LP die early like my XCOM LP, so I'll probably pick a house.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

Yeah, IronTomato, bring us our update, you boob.

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide between a normal house and an apartment. I don't want to have things get crowded too early on in a place where I can't expand, and have the LP die early like my XCOM LP, so I'll probably pick a house.

You can always move. And some apartments are actually pretty large, average house-sized. You'd need to do your own research though, as I can't remember which are which.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »

Most of the apartments in bridgeport are 1 bedroom, a bathroom, and a fairly small living room. The best thing you could do is make us individually (which I'm suspecting wasn't done,) and move us into the same house one at a time. You'd be starting with $80k instead of $20k, and that number jumps to $96k if you add Sappho, which I think you should do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »

Most of the apartments in bridgeport are 1 bedroom, a bathroom, and a fairly small living room. The best thing you could do is make us individually (which I'm suspecting wasn't done,) and move us into the same house one at a time. You'd be starting with $80k instead of $20k, and that number jumps to $96k if you add Sappho, which I think you should do.

Most, but I went for a house party to one that was like four times the regular one. I'd have to check it, but I didn't play for a while now.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 04:21:35 pm »

Yeah... we're all one family of roommates, so we've got just 24K. Woops.

And to think I could've built us a mamain or something. That sucks, but since we've got 5 guys, we could make it pretty good pretty fast, especially of we actually create a band like you guys are saying. Speaking of the band, those pictures are awesome, Mech. I'd wear them on a T-shirt. ^^

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 04:48:24 pm »

Yeah... we're all one family of roommates, so we've got just 24K. Woops.

And to think I could've built us a mamain or something. That sucks, but since we've got 5 guys, we could make it pretty good pretty fast, especially of we actually create a band like you guys are saying. Speaking of the band, those pictures are awesome, Mech. I'd wear them on a T-shirt. ^^

Actually, our funds are one more reason to go for apartments - they are stupid cheap. A fully furnished and decorated one for three people, including instruments and full repaint left me with 10K in my pocket consistently, and the only source of income was bar gigs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8