Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 437815 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1845 on: November 26, 2015, 04:39:43 pm »

You're only getting 4FPS?  I was getting 18 - 20 during my turn.  Try turning up the processor priority.  Also, metal is the only appropriate music for anything.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention:  The archive has officially begun!  Year one was completed earlier today.  It has all OOC removed, as my one friend is too stupid to understand the thread with the OOC included.  Link is below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0yyjT9zt6A_ZWFJVFRtdWRXR0U

I do intend to make one with OOC included, at a later date.
I'll try to see if cranking the priority up will work. Also, nice archive! Maybe comebody could put it on lparchive like it happened with Boatmurdered and Headshoots.
I cranked the priority up to above normal.
The game is now 3-4 fps...
Yeah.

Journal of Mate the 888th, High Inquisitor/Engraver-in-chief/overseer of Doomforests
The world seems slower than usual, but ok, I can live with that.
While I look at some engravings not made by me, I see that most of them are showing night trolls killing dwarves in this very place.
The thing is, and I asked before (and probably got answered and forgot), what the hell happened with all the trolls? I mean, if this was some sort of war between some dwarven clan or clans and the trolls living on this area, then why isn't there any engravings of dwarves slaying trolls? Or if they were killed by someone else, why aren't there engravings of that someone slaying the monsters? Did they die out somehow? Did they just leave the hills? Or are they somewhere around here, and we still haven't noticed?
Also, on a separate note, one of the forgotten things is indulging in some minor troglodyte genocide down in the caverns.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The elves came. Our fort's opinion of them is quite neutral, compared to that of the rest of the Town of Stronking, mostly because we have lots, and I mean LOTS of other things to hate that are not marksman hippies.
While the elves casually meander towards the fortress, our favourite Klansman, Dark Two, has been attacked!
While this is worrying, at least I'll be able to see this dwarf warrior fight and--
Hey! Stop screaming at that fucking bird and STAB IT ALREDY!
Face of... It's a fucking BIRD! AND IT'S NOT EVEN HERE ANYMORE, IT FLEW AWAY!
While the buzzard keeps annoying everyone in the old fort, the elves are shocked by the smell and the amount of vomit that has gathered in the surface. Sorry! After several years of not seeing the sun, it's hard to control ourselves. I tried to send some guys to clean, but they just vomited even more!
The elves have arrived. One of them looks particularily weird.
Are you SURE you are an elf, miss? Because you look more like a German northern human woman to me...
I mean, not to offend her, but even if she was raised by the elves, how did she get so fat? What did she had to eat in order to-- oh.
OH.
Ew. Cannibalism is bad, kids.
WELL, ignoring that slightly disturbing fact, I'll send our broker, Edem, to trade with the elves!
Wait... Edem...
What the fuck are you doing, Edem?
Most importantly, though, where are you STANDING ON, Edem!?
Are you aware of the fact that levitation is heresy, Edem?
Yeah. That's what I tought.
Now, get out of those farms and go trade with those elves, because your fiery death may or may not be depending on how well do you trade with the hippies today!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:42:22 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 26, 2015, 05:27:56 pm »

He's probably climbing around like a fool, dorfs just kinda do that now.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 26, 2015, 05:28:08 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

I have received a letter from Drazoth the 3rd. Interesting, what would that be this time? Meeting with Don Pedro, mediations? The journals have taught me well that I should be cautious. However, I just can't let him meet with Don Pedro alone. I should prepare.

Spoiler: Letter to Drazoth (click to show/hide)

Weirdness all around, stench of death, insane overseer - yes, another day in Doomforests. And then, when I was just patrolling the area.... the horror! It was.... it was... it was a buzzard! This day... I have fought the death itself! I have luaghed in it's face, my victory was inevitable! The cowardly beast have escaped before I could land a hit on it!

I will chase it! I will have my revenge! I will... what is that!? Is our broker just.... levitating....

#At this moment Dark Two, among other dwarves and amused elves, is staring at the broker proudly displaying his levitation skill.#

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 26, 2015, 05:39:12 pm »

Mate, when I said in crease the priority, i meant to Real Time, as that's what I used.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 26, 2015, 07:13:59 pm »

Spoiler: HERESY!!!! (click to show/hide)

Speaking of heresy^^
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:18:22 pm by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 26, 2015, 11:35:28 pm »

Speaking of heresy^^
The Emperor protects.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 26, 2015, 11:50:17 pm »

Speaking of heresy^^
What the fuck am I watching. And why can't I stop. It's like Nunubot and the 40k book had a baby.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 27, 2015, 11:40:32 am »

Speaking of heresy^^
The Emperor protects.

Speaking of heresy^^
What the fuck am I watching. And why can't I stop. It's like Nunubot and the 40k book had a baby.

MAKE THEM SUPPER!

Sorry, but with inquisition in charge it was either that or Monthy Python, and Python would be expected....

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 27, 2015, 11:59:33 am »

MAKE THEM SUPPER!

Sorry, but with inquisition in charge it was either that or Monthy Python, and Python would be expected....
Now I feel the urge to start calling Armok "the God-Emperor of Dwarfkind".

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 27, 2015, 12:08:54 pm »

MAKE THEM SUPPER!

You mean he isn't?!0.0

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 27, 2015, 12:09:34 pm »

MAKE THEM SUPPER!

You mean he isn't?!0.0
Of course he is, you heretic! We just don't call him that.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 27, 2015, 01:03:40 pm »

MAKE THEM SUPPER!

You mean he isn't?!0.0
Of course he is, you heretic! We just don't call him that.

Apparently there have been some changes...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1857 on: November 27, 2015, 01:25:28 pm »

add me to turn list pls.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 27, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »

Inevitably word of the commotion spread fast and Hans decided to look into it. As he stepped outside and surveyed the situation he slowly lowered his head into his hand.

"I was a fool to have hoped the instability was limited to the mountain itself but it seems it has also spread to the inhabitants," he said to himself, "I should check on D3 when I get the chance."

He then pulled out a small notepad and pencil and wrote:

"I am glad I am not a native." he said to himself as he walked back into the fort.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 28, 2015, 02:49:46 pm »

D3 was sitting at his desk when Hans returned.

"So, what's all this noise about 'heresy' that's been going around?"

"The broker is levitating over the farms sir."

"Odd. At any rate we must be off to the meeting. Go gather all the data you've collected about the instability of the fort, then go pick up Dark 2 and bring him to the meeting site. I will be waiting for you there."

"Very well sir."

Hans quickly left the room. D3 saw his bottle of rum was empty, so he went down to the booze stockpile to fill it. He then went to a small, out of the way room in Old DoomForests. The room had table with 4 chairs around it. D3 sat at the one opposite the door, pulled out his bottle and took a small drink. He then reached into a hidden pocket in his trousers and pulled out the gift.

He spoke the words of command and a small coin appeared on the table in front of him. The coin faintly glowed with colourless light.

"Now to wait."
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 144