Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 447084 times)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2014, 02:00:32 pm »

I have an unmarried dwarf mom who's got no father listed for her son, and indeed no husband at all, living or dead.

Should I be on the lookout for a kid walking across the stream like it's nothing?
Maybe he is destined to bring the balance to the force

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2014, 02:06:16 pm »

Frankly I'd loose my mind too if I found a river like that.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »

How old is your world?

Pretty young, 150 years tops. 

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »

Technically, they are known as brooks.
()==[:::::::::::::>

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »

Weasel corpse = instant legendary fighting skills. (Tried to reclaim a failed embark in evil biome, reclaim party got into fight with weasel corpse that did not finish for a month or more. When DF crashed, some dwarves had already reached legendary fighter and high master weapon skill.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2014, 04:51:58 pm »

I've found out that the goblins arent using some of the weapons they could be, like giant axes, due to a bug.  I reduced the minsize of several 2h weapons from 62500 to 60000, the size of gobbos.  They are doing much better now . . .  Even keeping parity with their elven oppressors.

Seriously, for better goblins, give them the ability to use the very weapons they can make!

---

A side benefit is giving dwarves who are large enough the ability to use those weapons as well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:54:45 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »

Apparently, Diagnostician trains insanely fast. I enabled the labor on my talented wound dresser/surgeon, and the guy went from no skill whatsoever to adept in one diagnosis operation.

And apparently, he's not done diagnosing the poor schmuck.
...and have a fortress protected by weaponized killer trousers. No need for an army. When goblins arrive, just deploy the pants.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2014, 09:58:33 pm »

Technically, they are known as brooks.

...It appeared to be a river which flowed down at both ends... With no source of all that water.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2014, 10:26:46 pm »

Brooks have a solid surface.
I don't know if this is a bug, but indeed you can walk over them without wetting your feet.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2014, 11:46:29 pm »

It wasn't a brook, it was a "sourceless" river that drained on embark but refilled in the two weeks+ between embarks/adventures. That river murdered everyone that tried to cross it because they got the bright idea to wade through the flow and off the waterfalls instead of crossing the bridge I had constructed the second "real" try. The idiots got themselves washed off the edge every time I tried to embark on it before I gave up. They certainly got their feet wet, in any case.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2014, 11:49:25 pm »

That's what I thought: Two waterfalls, no river source. Insanity causing.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2014, 08:35:16 am »

Apparently, Diagnostician trains insanely fast. I enabled the labor on my talented wound dresser/surgeon, and the guy went from no skill whatsoever to adept in one diagnosis operation.

That's a bug. A serious one. One that clutters up the medical history list like nothing else can. It basically causes some dwarves to never lose the "Diagnosis request" flag and they will be diagnosed for eternity. This does indeed train diagnosticians incredibly fast though.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2014, 09:16:15 am »

How old is your world?

Pretty young, 150 years tops.
Maybe her mother was pregnant upon worldgen?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2014, 09:57:17 am »

Its *yet another* bug with the healthcare, where the patient gets stuck in the diagnosis phase and will never get treated

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2014, 04:44:11 am »

So... apparently dumping vermin is now possible, somehow.

I designated goblin captives to be stripped with the usual d-b-d and then undumped the containing cages. Moments later I saw one dwarf carry a dot representing a vermin to the garbage dump; I looked and yes, there was aa {flying squirrel} in the dump tile. It's still running around with the {}-squigglies marking it as "forbidden" somehow.

I can't repeat whatever just happened but interesting nevertheless.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 148