Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 446184 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #480 on: May 08, 2015, 10:03:05 am »

Wagons used to be their own special kind of wood.  Now days they all seem to be pear wood.
You're probably mistaking the lowly embark wagon building with the majestic roaming wagon. Only the roaming kind are actually alive and made of wagon wood.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 08, 2015, 10:28:52 am »

Oh.  I guess that explains it.  Why won't their wagon move?  Because its dead.  It has lost the mystical spark, the soul, the wagon that makes it and all things alive.

I could have sworn someone modded the embark wagon into moving, though.  A small change caused it to dump all its contents and start attacking people and groundhogs before it caught on a rock and was scuttled.

I accidentally (I swear) scuttled a handful of wagons with a mist generator near my trade depot.  The game let me engrave slabs for them.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:39:10 am by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #482 on: May 08, 2015, 11:32:29 am »

I could have sworn someone modded the embark wagon into moving, though.  A small change caused it to dump all its contents and start attacking people and groundhogs before it caught on a rock and was scuttled.
Impossible without DFHack, and probably nearly impossible with it. The embark wagon is a building, not a unit; wild wagons are units, not buildings.

And of course now that I said that, I'm thinking, "A wild Wagon appears!"
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 08, 2015, 12:22:34 pm »

I remember now...  They modded the trader's wagons.  They went crazy when the caravan appeared.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 08, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »

I remember now...  They modded the trader's wagons.  They went crazy when the caravan appeared.

Where was this?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 09, 2015, 05:05:19 am »

The wagon thread, probably. Experiments with Wagonmancers/Wagonurges (don't even ask) tended to prove that absolute power of wagons is absolute power to kill.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 10, 2015, 06:33:24 am »

used dfhacks embark everywhere option to embark.. on a previousely retired fort, with the 5x5 playing grid moved 1 tile north and 1 tile east of the original. it let me, as expected.. but what I saw..

Apparently every single merchant/wagon that ever came to visit the old fort.. was there, as well as the diplomats, and all the old dwarves, and the historical animals created through them killing stuff. all the old dwarves listed as hostile but did not attack. then a number of old dwarves, merchants, a diplomat and a named giant cave spider decided to go hang out around my wagon in peace.

A few minutes later the game crashed.

What really surprised me were the fact that the merchants had all been recorded, they were all carrying items as well. But any of the previous invaders and thieves were not there.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 10, 2015, 06:55:12 am »

I would love to play as a wagon.
One wheel short of a wagon

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 10, 2015, 08:27:25 pm »

Automine will, as it happens, order miners to dig warm stone. Especially when that stone is the only thing in between your magma forges and the, er, magma.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 10, 2015, 10:52:47 pm »

I would love to play as a wagon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The life of a wagon is short and tragic.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:54:19 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2015, 11:03:50 am »

Tree roots create an aquifer-less area in the next level underneath them. This hole in the aquifer will stay even if the tree is cut down.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2015, 12:14:25 pm »

If you want to talk to someone in battle/conflict, boast of your violent deeds. This will make a prper conversation take place.

Hey that's actually useful occasionally.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2015, 02:52:16 pm »

In adventurer mode, when you have an infection, 'Give in to Starvation' is replaced with 'Succumb to Infection'.

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2015, 08:51:24 am »

Just found that in fortress mode barrels dropped into water will fill with water.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2015, 11:48:48 am »

Tree roots create an aquifer-less area in the next level underneath them. This hole in the aquifer will stay even if the tree is cut down.

That could be a really interesting way of breaking through aquifers. Now we can "grow" through them. :O
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 148