Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 448234 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #510 on: June 16, 2015, 08:14:55 am »

Yup, in the guts of the artwork entries you'll find you can get stuff like a crappy rendition of a masterfully designed image of something, masterful renditions of crappy images, images of artists making the image they're in, and so forth.

If we ever get the ability to tattoo our dorfs you should expect them to have tattoos of them getting the tattoo with a smaller tattoo inside it that has them showing off the main tattoo to someone.
I wound have expected a dwarf with a tattoo of a human getting a tattoo of a dwarf getting a tattoo of a human getting a tattoo of ...
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2015, 12:42:20 pm »

Web collection gains xp for weaver, but no stats (i.e. creativity).

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 16, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »

In 40.xx, the best way to dig empty vertical shafts is to designate a full up/down staircase, then to channel it out from the top one square at a time. The old way, via channeling, no longer works because miners will climb out after channeling the first few squares.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:53 am »

One single yeti is more than capable of killing seven unarmed dwarves.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

a troglodyte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 17, 2015, 03:31:09 am »

You can set traffic designations for tiles that aren't yet revealed and dwarves will respect them once they're mined out. Useful if you're penetrating an aquifer by freezing and want to avoid unfortunate accidents.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2015, 05:54:02 am »

In 40.xx, the best way to dig empty vertical shafts is to designate a full up/down staircase, then to channel it out from the top one square at a time. The old way, via channeling, no longer works because miners will climb out after channeling the first few squares.
That's not trivial

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 18, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »

All kinds of flying objects bounce off the surface of fluids when going fast enough, not just minecarts. Even the water "boulders" shot by minecart cannons can bounce off water surfaces. ???

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2015, 12:58:17 am »

Bronze colossi modestly explode apart when melted. At least in the arena, anyway.

So. It got me to thinkin'... If we turned bronze colossi into self-melting cats...? With very hot body parts...?

Have Fun kids. I'll get around to experimenting with the concept eventually.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2015, 03:47:49 am »

If you give dragons a venomous bite but forget to adjust their temperature settings, anything that they bite except other dragons will melt.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 25, 2015, 12:10:27 am »

Woodcutting now (apparently) trains Axeman. It may be a coincidence that all four of my woodcutters also have some axeman experience, but I'll do some checking to find out sooner or later.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 25, 2015, 04:16:48 am »

Woodcutting doesnt train axe skill. Woodcutters gain axe skill by occasionally fighting wild animal with their axe when they are working outside.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 25, 2015, 12:09:08 pm »

Woodcutting doesnt train axe skill. Woodcutters gain axe skill by occasionally fighting wild animal with their axe when they are working outside.

In this case, there were no combat reports to support that. As I said, I'll be doing more research shortly. I'll post my findings.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2015, 01:36:49 pm »

As long as they involve different labors, multiple jobs can be active on a single workshop. So far I've observed 2 jobs 1 shop.

(Suuuuuuuuuuuuch reference)

The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:11 pm »

latias, you're not using any mods, are you? I've never seen that myself.

On woodcutting: No, it doesn't train axeman. But woodcutters carrying axes will train axeman in the danger room I have set up as a statue garden. So there's that mystery solved.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »

Changing a creature's blood to a gas or a solid, at least in 0.34, will render that creature unable to eat or drink anything. If a solid, everything will be "too hot to eat". If a gas, everything will be "too cold".

Which is a shame, because it's quite cool to see a cloud of blood fly out of people who get cut.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 148