Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 446211 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2015, 01:29:31 pm »

critters can make babies through cages so long as they are within 1 tile of each other O.O

This would indeed be "not trivial". You ~sure~ they were not pregnant when they were caged? (Only way to be sure is either a loooong duration in a cage (longer than any pregnancy would take) OR caged before maturity.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 11, 2015, 01:34:32 pm »

2 females each had a baby while adjacent to them was the same male in his own cage.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 11, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »

Doesn't address my question. Both could have been pregnant before caging afaict.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 11, 2015, 02:31:14 pm »

Ill tell you what.  Ill give it a few years.  Ill leave them in the cage stockpile.  And If I get a second breeding pair Ill construct adjacent cages.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 11, 2015, 03:17:23 pm »

Just leave them where they are - if they give birth a SECOND time without being out of their cages, then it's confirmed.

But as it is, doesn't seem we can confirm they were not pregnant before they were caged, right? (Or am I misunderstanding?)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 11, 2015, 03:18:38 pm »

We cant.
PKs DF Mod!

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2015, 06:03:36 pm »

Three things I have found rather amusing. The first is just a few seconds ago I found out you can build a well on top of a well. By that I mean you can have a well on one floor drawing water under it, and a few floors above its exact position, one can build another well where its bucket would need to pass through the lower well.

Another which I think many is aware of, is when a mother is in a squad and is caring for a baby, she will take her baby into battle with her. I like to think she has a baby in one arm and a weapon in the other, using her baby like a shield.

Lastly I had a dwarf become restless due to stress from getting good rest.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 11, 2015, 06:06:14 pm »

Lastly I had a dwarf become restless due to stress from getting good rest.

I see this a lot. "Restless" means anxious; they want to move around and do things but are stuck in bed.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2015, 02:02:12 am »

I recently found out that a naked mole dog can guzzle a full barrel of booze (which can be as mush as apple cider[40]) when it sneaks into the fortress, while a dwarf only drinks 16 unit in a year. And inebriation is about to be introduced.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 12, 2015, 10:08:38 am »

So Ive taken some naked mole dogs and some bugbats that have been in cages for more than a years and stuck them into their own 2x2 stockpiles.

In the meantime, I realized just now that the critter list for the animal stockpiles is in order of the raw files.
PKs DF Mod!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 12, 2015, 12:55:09 pm »

In the meantime, I realized just now that the critter list for the animal stockpiles is in order of the raw files.

So, you're suggesting that if we put the RAW files in "an order", then the animal stockpiles will ~also~ appear in that order???

<runs off to test>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 12, 2015, 01:06:41 pm »

Well no, they're read alphabetically, arent they?

So youd have to rename them or reshuffle the critter within them into an order that you like.
PKs DF Mod!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 12, 2015, 01:15:09 pm »

Well no, they're read alphabetically, arent they?

They come in waves of alphabetical-ness. I'm guessing that, as new creatures were added to successive versions, each group of additions were alphabetical unto themselves, but not in the overall pre-existing mix.

DFHack offers a {s}earch function that works around this nicely, but still.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 12, 2015, 01:19:59 pm »

the files themselves get read alphabetically.

Or so it seemed.  But simply finding the first creature in any creature raw file on the animal stockpile list and reading down that file you can see how its organized.
PKs DF Mod!

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 12, 2015, 04:39:20 pm »

Changing a creature's blood to a gas or a solid, at least in 0.34, will render that creature unable to eat or drink anything. If a solid, everything will be "too hot to eat". If a gas, everything will be "too cold".

Which is a shame, because it's quite cool to see a cloud of blood fly out of people who get cut.
I remember solid blood not working in 0.34.  In 0.40, I was able to give a creature MUD blood (which the game treats as a solid) with no apparent ill effects.  Of course, since they are non-grazer animals they don't really eat anything anyway so the too-hot/too-cold issue might remain.

The issue does still remain. I tested it today.

Additionally, if you make blood a vapor in the current version, trying to examine it will crash the game outright! o.o
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 148