Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 447082 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #720 on: June 08, 2016, 08:09:49 am »

If a goblin survives getting a limb rotted in a fight with a necrotising creature (helmet snake in this case) if it survives infection then there will be no subsequent ill effects to walking around with a rotten limb. Tests are ongoing though.
Don't infections decrease blood? They might slowly bleed to death if they can't recover fast enough.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:11:22 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: nonsensical euphemisms] [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 09, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »

Apparently, its possible to have negative "items".

I have no idea what the hell this is, and if it actually exists, it'll probably cause the poor sod assigned to hauling it to spontaneously vanish in a puff of logic.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's gone.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:02:46 pm by Prop42 »
@: You: "Can you tell me where I can find me?"
1: The Dwarf Philosopher: "I don't know myself, and I don't even know anyone who could tell you."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 10, 2016, 01:52:14 am »

Apparently, its possible to have negative "items".

I have no idea what the hell this is, and if it actually exists, it'll probably cause the poor sod assigned to hauling it to spontaneously vanish in a puff of logic.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's gone.

It's a bug caused by adv mode "branch" items, fixed for the next version.

Careful, it's been said to cause crashes.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 10, 2016, 12:30:54 pm »

If a goblin survives getting a limb rotted in a fight with a necrotising creature (helmet snake in this case) if it survives infection then there will be no subsequent ill effects to walking around with a rotten limb. Tests are ongoing though.
Don't infections decrease blood? They might slowly bleed to death if they can't recover fast enough.

I've locked the goblin in question up for about a year. If infection were to kill it, by blood loss or otherwise, it would have done so by now. His limb has recovered (and i doubt it will)
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 10, 2016, 02:22:19 pm »

Biome shearing can quite strikingly (with snowy trees) cover several embark tiles per z-level. It can also start on levels above the ground. (All this time, I thought biomes would be almost entirely vertical.)

Bit hard to determine the sheared biome outside of controlling it not being savage/evil with probe, though :P

It is beautiful.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:42:27 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 11, 2016, 06:13:21 am »

Caged wild animal husks can be trained. But they will still be husks after that so you will not be able to butcher them.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 11, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »

If you're wearing armor on only part of your body, enemies will go for the unarmored parts.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #727 on: June 12, 2016, 12:28:38 am »

Dragonfire can start fires on the other side of a constructed wall from the heat.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2016, 12:55:20 pm »

Bards in a tavern (not in your fortress) double as tavern keepers.

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 13, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

You cannot construct minecarts from pig iron.
1: The Dwarf Philosopher: "I don't know myself, and I don't even know anyone who could tell you."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 13, 2016, 09:14:28 pm »

Smoothing walls and floors cleans them. Not sure about engravings.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »

If you're wearing armor on only part of your body, enemies will go for the unarmored parts.
Not trivial.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 14, 2016, 10:25:49 am »

Hi!

If you assigned animals to a different zone and there are no dwarfs to haul them, they will (slowly) make their way to their new zone. :o Maybe that was already known...but it's new to me.   :P

-Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 14, 2016, 06:52:11 pm »

You can plant both aboveground and underground crops in a farm plot that covers both subterranean and outside areas, IE, the result of an overhang.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 14, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »

No, it messes up when it gets to the first tile that is the wrong kind for the crop you're planting. Or has that been fixed?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 148