Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 439280 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Upbeat Giraffe/Rampaging Koala
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2015, 05:10:47 pm »

Well apparently you can't repair picks anymore. Unless there's a way to do it I couldn't figure out. Damn thing disappeared after a few minutes. Wish I'd realized that before I wasted all that copper on it. Anyway, I've upgraded the matter manipulator now, and it's a bit faster, but still slower than is fun. I'm exploring a new planet now... Here's hoping I'll find something interesting.

I'm not terribly pleased with how they're making the game more linear, though. My favorite part is basically exploration, and now I have to do a lot more work before I can go exploring.
You use ore, not ingots.

Or it got removed. I haven't played the experimental.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2015, 05:12:52 pm »

What's a good healing item? I've burned through my stocks of bandages and red stim packs trying to get through that erchirus mine mission.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2015, 05:13:48 pm »

Well apparently you can't repair picks anymore. Unless there's a way to do it I couldn't figure out. Damn thing disappeared after a few minutes. Wish I'd realized that before I wasted all that copper on it. Anyway, I've upgraded the matter manipulator now, and it's a bit faster, but still slower than is fun. I'm exploring a new planet now... Here's hoping I'll find something interesting.

I'm not terribly pleased with how they're making the game more linear, though. My favorite part is basically exploration, and now I have to do a lot more work before I can go exploring.
You use ore, not ingots.

Or it got removed. I haven't played the experimental.
It got removed.  Pickaxes are now VERY fast, but very low durability and cannot be repaired.  They're a luxury item.  People kept complaining "why is my stone pickaxe better than my super space-age matter manipulator?" and now they're complaining that the space tech is better.  These people...

NINJA: For healing items, produce good food.  More complicated food heals better.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2015, 05:20:29 pm »

I was able to get through erchius mission by bringing a lot of bandages, using my bow and pollen pump to wreck the basic enemies from a distance, and using the living miners to deal with the three at the end. Avoid getting hit at all costs it the most I can say.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2015, 06:01:34 pm »

It got removed.  Pickaxes are now VERY fast, but very low durability and cannot be repaired.  They're a luxury item.  People kept complaining "why is my stone pickaxe better than my super space-age matter manipulator?" and now they're complaining that the space tech is better.  These people...

Not the same people.
Love, scriver~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2015, 06:14:19 pm »

Is it possible to find an airless planet with a molten core? I've dug through 2 (found oceans of starship fuel btw) and fell into a bottomless void of death at the bottom of each.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2015, 06:19:20 pm »

Is it possible to find an airless planet with a molten core? I've dug through 2 (found oceans of starship fuel btw) and fell into a bottomless void of death at the bottom of each.
Wait, do moons have erchius deposits in their cores?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2015, 06:20:26 pm »

Erichus desposits throughout.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »

apex tesla labs (finish both sides of the course and flick the switches to open the doors to the generators)
That's kind of infuriating; the performance hit from all the goddamn tesla spikes makes the courses completely unplayable on my laptop (at least in singleplayer).
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2015, 07:13:54 pm »

Just found a "barren, lifeless world, perfect for large-scale construction." Does this mean no ore, dungeons, or anything?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2015, 07:17:50 pm »

Just found a "barren, lifeless world, perfect for large-scale construction." Does this mean no ore, dungeons, or anything?
I've heard multiple people ask this from different sources.  "Barren" is exactly how it sounds :P

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »

I've heard multiple people ask this from different sources.  "Barren" is exactly how it sounds :P

Means no creatures, no water, no anything. Not my kinda place, honestly :P I like my ocean island huts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:08 pm »

Landed on an arid planet, found a glitch village. Ridiculously cheap tier 2 (randomly generated) weapons at the store, but ludicrously expensive produce. 8000+ (!) for one Dioda.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2015, 09:02:06 pm »

They've got to make up for the weapon prices somewhere.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2015, 09:48:13 pm »

PTW, and eventually try again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 130