Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 189080 times)

Mord_Sith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2016, 11:45:08 pm »

Currently getting Wererat bards showing up after I've set up the tavern... and while they're "Guests" they start attacking everyone on sight, not sure if that's a MDF problem or a problem with the Succubi, again it's odd that I'm getting them showing up as friendlies though they were supposed to be at war with my civ based on the embark.

Addendum: The wererat's targets, when they turn, become player-controlled werebeasts; however, while the Succubi don't attack them, the frog demons rip the snot out of them the moment they see them, despite being non-hostile.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:33:14 am by Mord_Sith »

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2016, 02:12:20 am »

There are some odd things treating the succubi as friendly. I have a veritable horde of undead blood-things outside my fort, all acting and marked as friendly. I think necromancers are reanimating blood splatters. I typically have a few troops go out and massacre them when they build up too much, my Lady of Pain alone had 85 undead bloodthing kills last time I checked, since they die to a single push or tap of anything. I forget the exact name, Undead Bloodgolem or somesuch.

I also had a wereape and werehorse attack, and all their victims acted as regular were-animals in that they went berserk hostile during the right moon phase and were regular citizens the rest of the time. I haven't had any guests show up as were-animals yet though, and when a cursed vampire guest shows up, it gives them away as a vamp in the announcement log so I can have them hacked up ASAP so can't say how they act.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2016, 02:50:38 am »

Ok, shit. I have to delete the werebeasts. Too many scholars, mercenaries, visitors.... who would have known?

Nothing with nightcreatures and titans in that regard?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2016, 04:21:16 am »

Okay, this is weird for me. According to the launcher, the succubi should be allied with orcs and gobs right? Because in your games they act as item thieves and are sided with necros and were beasts. The race is not designed to be item thieves. They can be for challenge but by default they are better off being babysnatchers only.

Also if you are allied with werebeast, they will always attack. They are crazed. And the home civ should never attack in any circumstances. Those are the limitations of making entities of crazy monsters. I can use your saves to figure more clearly what is going on there.

Likewise, if you get a necromancer (or something similar) who creates stuff that is opposed to life, it will be hostile. You can try capturing and corrupting the necro for fun but the creatures it rises will attack your citizens, that's a vanilla mechanic that can be weaponized with creature stockpiles and windows management.

Any of this helpful?

Very. The topmost statues are nice, the angel ones underneath are better off given to humans. While the torch has a perspective issue, the holes could be cracks in the ground.

I've being thinking about adding ornate furniture too: Mirrors, luxurious sofas, etc. contrasting with the blood and brimstone. If we could pick a style I'd go for art nouveau, but I doubt that there is any material in rpg format.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2016, 05:51:59 am »

I've being thinking about adding ornate furniture too: Mirrors, luxurious sofas, etc. contrasting with the blood and brimstone. If we could pick a style I'd go for art nouveau
Alright, I'll have a look. They will all have perspective issues though.

Ok, please let me know which ones in the tileset I posted are interesting and I create the building/override files. I assume they will all be decorations?

Colorful flames: Which colors? And 1x1, 2x2, 3x3?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mord_Sith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 09, 2016, 04:37:59 pm »

Okay, this is weird for me. According to the launcher, the succubi should be allied with orcs and gobs right? Because in your games they act as item thieves and are sided with necros and were beasts. The race is not designed to be item thieves. They can be for challenge but by default they are better off being babysnatchers only.

Also if you are allied with werebeast, they will always attack. They are crazed. And the home civ should never attack in any circumstances. Those are the limitations of making entities of crazy monsters. I can use your saves to figure more clearly what is going on there.

Likewise, if you get a necromancer (or something similar) who creates stuff that is opposed to life, it will be hostile. You can try capturing and corrupting the necro for fun but the creatures it rises will attack your citizens, that's a vanilla mechanic that can be weaponized with creature stockpiles and windows management.

You and me both, I'm supposed to be at war with the humans but they're creating a booming tourist industry in my dungeon, I even had necromancer artists show up and human poets wanting to hang out in my digs. The necros haven't created anything so I've largely left them alone, but when a WB shows up I send out a murder-crew of frogs, nightmares, and dogs to tear them asunder to prevent them from becoming werebeasts themselves.

Is there a place I can upload a save for MDF similar to the way DFFD allows bugged saves to be uploaded? I have two were-Succubi that have just turned back, I'm looking at sealing them into a box and trying to keep them there until they perish so I don't have to fight them and risk more of my dungeon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #276 on: May 09, 2016, 05:38:28 pm »

You can uploaded them on DFFD.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 09, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »

That's vanilla behavior, entertainers and mercenaries go wherever they want without regard for diplomacy. A few months ago I got an entire troupe of goblin bards.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:12:09 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Mord_Sith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2016, 06:24:22 pm »

Alrighty; you'll find the save here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12011

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2016, 08:28:06 pm »

The were-succubi are acting correctly that I can tell. They are berserk and attack anything during their change, but are regular citizens the rest of the time. Also, sealing them in the walls doesn't work. I tried that. Each change seems to reset their food/water/health levels, so they just live in the wall forever.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2016, 09:34:58 pm »

That's vanilla behavior, entertainers and mercenaries go wherever they want without regard for diplomacy. A few months ago I got an entire troupe of goblin bards.
Actually I believe Toady himself has specifically said that they won't visit civilizations they're at war with. However, having goblin bards doesn't mean bards from a goblin civilization. Goblins could easily end up in a human civilization and start a band. This is even more likely with humans joining a baby snatcher friendly civilization, as they specifically take humans and forcibly make them join their civilization. For the person with the human visitors in the succubus civ, I'd check the 'c' screen and see if humans are on it. If you haven't had any sieges from them either then not having them there means they're from some other civilization, and having them means they were, but if you have had a siege from them then it doesn't really mean anything both things are still possible.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2016, 03:27:33 am »

Being hostile (red bar in the embark screen) is not the same as being at war. If you are simply hostile, you can get bards and mercenaries. I got a few dwarves an an elf slave too. My guess is that there is some personal opinion at play here that allow other races to stop by.

I had more humans than succubi in my vanilla fort, I guess they love going into hotels full of demon girls.  :P

The werecreature behaviour is the right one. When walled, they are pretty much immortal and succubi will not die of old age.

I'll check the save to make sure all the alignements are right.

Edit: In the newest DF version.
"Stopped masterpiece trading from causing artisans to suffer effects of art defacement" Well then...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:41:32 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2016, 06:00:45 am »

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped masterpiece trading from causing artisans to suffer effects of art defacement
I came here to post the same. :D

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »

I don't think Succubus can make tributes, which makes mining a real PITA with the earth strikes back mod active. Unless I am just missing the option for them, which is certainly possible.

Edit: And every time I hit a living stone, the game crashes within a few frames, so its even worse than I had assumed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:33:16 pm by cerevox »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2016, 04:33:26 pm »

Not Boltguns fault. I did that on purpose.

Dwarves can mine, can fight awakened stones, but also pacify them, they are great miners and mountaindwellers after all.
Succubi can mine, but have to fight the awakened stones.
Kobolds cant dig at all.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41