Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491518 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3435 on: November 10, 2018, 12:32:09 pm »

Unrelated note: I don’t suppose anyone has a dump of the bloodline buffs?

AoS is actually fine at this point. The only really bad thing about it are the maximum copyright names.
I just hope in 40k it sticks to the Death Guard, even though the Primaris names are still a little itchy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: November 10, 2018, 01:21:20 pm »

Can someone check Wurrzag's buff quickly? I'd still love to know if it's map-wide, or just the region he's in.
It's a lord effect, as advertised.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: November 10, 2018, 01:26:57 pm »

On the topic of the game, I'm playing as Noctilus and enjoying it a great deal. I've just now made a beeline for the Sword of Khaine and just finished defeating its bearer.

The zombies are suprisingly good given that they are, well, zombies.

EDIT: Noctilus with the sword is crazy strong. Alith Anar attacked me at sea with two stacks and I managed to win anyway thanks to just how bloody strong the sword is.
Noctilus is my game has basically conquered the entire bottom half of the map.

Does his autoresolve have really good odds or something? The guy is kicking everyone's ass.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: November 10, 2018, 02:15:35 pm »

On the topic of the game, I'm playing as Noctilus and enjoying it a great deal. I've just now made a beeline for the Sword of Khaine and just finished defeating its bearer.

The zombies are suprisingly good given that they are, well, zombies.

EDIT: Noctilus with the sword is crazy strong. Alith Anar attacked me at sea with two stacks and I managed to win anyway thanks to just how bloody strong the sword is.
Noctilus is my game has basically conquered the entire bottom half of the map.

Does his autoresolve have really good odds or something? The guy is kicking everyone's ass.
He starts with Depth Guard + Necrofex and reminds me of a discount Mannfred. So he's got a really strong start.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: November 11, 2018, 03:49:29 am »

To be fair he is a Von Carstein.

Also anyone got tips for what sort of units I ought to care about for the Vampirates? I was planning on having monstrous linebackers but I'm not sure what ranged units pair with them.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: November 11, 2018, 04:12:07 am »

To be fair he is a Von Carstein.

Also anyone got tips for what sort of units I ought to care about for the Vampirates? I was planning on having monstrous linebackers but I'm not sure what ranged units pair with them.

Zombie pirate gunners can shoot & uh "run" at the same time, deckgunners stand-still and concentrate fire intensely, i guess if the monsterous infantry are doing a lot of the up close fighting work, you will want a mass of pirate gunners flanking to the best position so the actual deckgunners can go about their business sniping lords, large singular units and enemy blobs that can be fired into indescriminately.

Least as i've seen from watching other people play like Turin, rather than personal experience.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: November 12, 2018, 11:29:10 am »

Playing as Noctilus, I accidentally acquired the Sword of Kaine. Is there really any downside to having it while being an undead murder pirate anyway?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: November 12, 2018, 11:58:26 am »

Playing as Noctilus, I accidentally acquired the Sword of Kaine. Is there really any downside to having it while being an undead murder pirate anyway?
It will eventually tank your Public Order, so take the necessary precautions.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: November 13, 2018, 05:31:45 pm »

I love Kemmler now. He was shit awful before but now his easy start and assorted boosts make him quite fun. I paired him with a Strigoi general with a swarm of zombies and skeleton spearmen. Kemmler I'm working on giving black knights and more wraiths.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: November 14, 2018, 03:49:35 pm »

I'm also having fun with Kemmler.   :P  I haven't played the vampires in a while, but the start position is pretty fun.  I took out the dwarves first thing(it was hard, because I forgot that dwarves all have armor, and rotten zombie flesh does not have armor piercing), but I got it done.

Then I took out a few of the smaller human factions around, trying my best not to piss off the empire or the wood elves.  I've almost got Bretonnia defeated, and plan to walk over and kill the rest of the humans on that side of the mountain range.

I ended up confederating Mousillion(sp?) because he kept dragging me into random wars, so I'm also at war with the high elves now, although I haven't actually seen any yet.  I've also had a LOT of public order issues this game, I think in part because I've expanded a little too quickly and my cities aren't very well developed.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: November 15, 2018, 05:15:21 pm »

I just got a steam coupon for 50% of number 2. Wondering if I should use it or chance it being lower during the winter sales. What do ya think?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 15, 2018, 05:35:31 pm »

I just got a steam coupon for 50% of number 2. Wondering if I should use it or chance it being lower during the winter sales. What do ya think?
I think, but am not sure, that you can actually stack discounts with these coupons. I know there's going to be an autumn/spring sale, but got no clue if the coupon last 'til then.

I ended up confederating Mousillion(sp?) because he kept dragging me into random wars, so I'm also at war with the high elves now, although I haven't actually seen any yet.  I've also had a LOT of public order issues this game, I think in part because I've expanded a little too quickly and my cities aren't very well developed.   :P
Probably low corruption in the provinces.

A tip I feel like I should share for my fellow Vampirates: Set your Necrofex Colossi to melee mode. They can shoot while moving and have AoE melee attacks (they shoot downwards, basically). Great for disrupting lines or saying "fuck it" and hunting down that annoying archer or artillery unit.

I'm currently having loads of fun as Noctilus, holding only the Galleon's Graveyard and rampaging with the SoK. It's just a stack, not even full!, of Noctilus (the mad lad has over 1k weapon strength), Gunnery Wight, Necrofex, and as many deckhands (melee/pistol/handgun) my economy currently allows (and the odd bloated corpse to act as a distraction (they die too fast to do anything else).

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 16, 2018, 03:55:41 am »

Well, to be fair bloated corpses' attack is to die.  So you can say they are doing a great job at being expendable.  Also great at killing some armies standard units.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really great, when 3 units of 120 people decide to try and dog-pile a single bloated.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 16, 2018, 05:24:41 am »

Bloated corpses are incredibly potent, especially early game. Late game they don’t really justify taking up an army slot, though I still raised them when I took losses and couldn’t recruit high-tier units. Early on, you’ve got a weapon that will obliterate even fairly high-tier enemy units if you use them well. They’re tricky to use against ranged-heavy armies, but just try to stick them in woods or keep them back at first so the enemy can’t blow them prematurely. I heard that the Stalk banner Vampirates can unlock through research is great for a bloatie, too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 16, 2018, 01:22:53 pm »

Oh my fucking god. CA you DWEEBS.

"Massa-Moone's Pride""This eastern pirate blade, unmatched in it's lethal sharpness, imbues it's new owner with a portion of it's previous wielder power and skill."+75 AP damage, Wind Blast.

It's an anime katana with WIND BEAMS.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 277