I am religious and do not believe in free will
- 10 (3.9%)
I am not religious and believe in free will
- 113 (44.5%)
I am not religious and do not believe in free will
- 61 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 521

Author Topic: Railgun and Spirituality Discussion  (Read 580314 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Religion and Spirituality Discussion: Yet Another Thread
« Reply #540 on: February 05, 2015, 05:13:40 pm »

A bit of a change of topic, how many other people on this forum follow something non-christian and non-atheistic? What do you follow? These threads always turn in to christian/atheism topics, and I'm curious what other beliefs populate these forums.
I believe of more of a god who doesn't give a single shit. He cares more for other affairs and simply casts humans aside. However he employs many, many, angels/weaker gods who deal with mortals such as me or you. Thus these are the deities that one would pray to rather than the greater deity. Personally, I attach myself to a select few to pray to. Your relations and standing with these gods, angels, and in some cases spirits would see what kind of afterlife one would have. If you feel like questioning me and my beliefs, go right ahead.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 05, 2015, 05:21:12 pm »

A bit of a change of topic, how many other people on this forum follow something non-christian and non-atheistic? What do you follow? These threads always turn in to christian/atheism topics, and I'm curious what other beliefs populate these forums.
I believe of more of a god who doesn't give a single shit. He cares more for other affairs and simply casts humans aside. However he employs many, many, angels/weaker gods who deal with mortals such as me or you. Thus these are the deities that one would pray to rather than the greater deity. Personally, I attach myself to a select few to pray to. Your relations and standing with these gods, angels, and in some cases spirits would see what kind of afterlife one would have. If you feel like questioning me and my beliefs, go right ahead.

Ok I will try.
Are you scared of illthid hunters.
What are the gods you follow, perhaps their associated spheres.
Is eating pork ok.
Do you drink brain juice like a yogi.
Are you happy
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 05, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:19:08 am by penguinofhonor »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 05, 2015, 05:33:43 pm »

You also have to add in 'intangible', 'incomprehensible', and 'Perfect' to that FFS, or it doesn't properly work. If the Unicorn is merely invisible then it can be disproved simply by filling the garage with cement and then checking for unicorn-shaped air pockets.

Whereas the flying spaghetti monster and the space teacup are consistent, if absurd, articles of faith.

Hey, don't call my belief absurd! I just believe, okay, and I don't care what you say to disprove it. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 05, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »

Ok I will try.
Are you scared of illthid hunters.
What are the gods you follow, perhaps their associated spheres.
Is eating pork ok.
Do you drink brain juice like a yogi.
Are you happy
I... Am unsure what to make of this post.
1.Illithid hunters are a job that's going out of the market anyways, no need to be scared.
2. Gods are rather personal in general. Names are more of something that one would imagine most deities and creatures of celestial qualities would care about, especially in my case. I see my primary deity as one who care for knowledge, mental prowess, capability, and blends in with my other gods with putting effort for oneself, the future, and others.   
3. Sure, if your not on a diet.
4. This brain juice your talking about is likely illegal in most countries.
5. I am quite content.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 05, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »

You also have to add in 'intangible', 'incomprehensible', and 'Perfect' to that FFS, or it doesn't properly work. If the Unicorn is merely invisible then it can be disproved simply by filling the garage with cement and then checking for unicorn-shaped air pockets.

Whereas the flying spaghetti monster and the space teacup are consistent, if absurd, articles of faith.

Hey, don't call my belief absurd! I just believe, okay, and I don't care what you say to disprove it. :P
I respect your delicious/celestial faith just as much as any other  ;)
And am far less personally threatened by it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 05, 2015, 05:43:25 pm »

What hunters out of business, armok damn, i must be from another time.
Brain juice is legal, mind flayers use it for brain shakes.

5. I am quite content.

Im happy for you. Try to stay that way man.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 05, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »

Other affairs like what?  Internal politics? Stuff with other pantheons?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 05, 2015, 05:46:48 pm »

Discordian here, though there seems to be a few in B12. My own personal belief is that gods and such exist, though they rarely, if ever, interfere directly, or at all.

I wish I'd taken notice of this thread sooner, since I seem to be becoming a bit obsessed with researching and learning about various theologies in general.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:57 pm »

Other affairs like what?  Internal politics? Stuff with other pantheons?
I suppose one could see it that way, with politics and pantheons and such. Along with the fact that he (He is a bit grammatically easier to say than it/whatever gender) is the sorta the big cheese in the grand scheme of things. Though I suppose someone as low in the whole course of things like me wouldn't exactly know what he would be up to, seeing as I'm near the bottom of everything. But seeing to how the status is of all his angels and deities would an obvious thing to do. Perhaps dealing with higher-ups that help hold the laws of reality, or even, making spirits, angels, and gods head up higher within the order of power. Or even making whole new parts of the Universe, ordering powerful deities on what to do, dealing with less than cooperative deities, angels, spirits, and such.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 05, 2015, 06:11:29 pm »

Sounds kind of like the Chinese Celestials (gods, goddesses, dragons, immortals, etc), if Journey to the West is anything to go by.

Though the whole bhuddism pantheon and their version of saints are also inserted into the whole thing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:21:14 pm by smjjames »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 05, 2015, 06:17:50 pm »

I'm just confused about how a unicorn can be both invisible and pink at the same time.

Better point.
Anyway just wear the horn it will please the powerful unicorn

Imma fix this up for you.

I'm just confused about how a unicorn can be both invisible and pink at the same time.

Better point.
Anyway just ask for forgiveness it will please the powerful deity

Now you're back on topic. :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #552 on: February 05, 2015, 06:20:21 pm »

Apparently a lot happened while I wasn't looking.

Hey guys.

I'll toss up a poll about the "what religious group do you belong to" thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 05, 2015, 06:34:33 pm »

Presumably the same way humans will eventually be able to be invisible and skin-colored whenever we get around to polishing off optical camo. You can hold the state of "light passes through" and "if light hit, it would reflect pink" at the same time. It's just the latter would functionally never happen. The underlying structure would still be such that it would be pink were the appropriate conditions met.

E: Or, to give a different example, a pink unicorn is still a pink unicorn in the dark. Same concept. Visibility is a different metric than color.

Or it could be on a pink background.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 05, 2015, 06:37:12 pm »

Better point.
Anyway just wear the horn it will please the powerful unicorn

Imma fix this up for you.

Better point.
Anyway just ask for forgiveness it will please the powerful deity

Now you're back on topic. :P

You are cheeky.
I aprove. Just wait, ill get u back
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 521