Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 805697 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1140 on: May 16, 2015, 09:22:06 am »

It used to be that high mood gave you points that where used to learn skills during reading, I dunno about now. I think it speeds up your reading.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 16, 2015, 10:01:58 am »

Little suggestion I'd really like to see implemented, take it as you will; modify the Unloading mechanic to work the same way as the multidrop one. I mean, it's boring as shit having to unload tons of flashlights or other shit you pick up in a store and I prefer all my food (especially fruit leather, jerky and pork sticks) to not be in plastic bags so that takes forever and hurts my fingers doing it over and over. Can you guys make it easier?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 16, 2015, 11:00:51 am »

AFAIK focus only affects "real-world" experience, though I might be wrong. Considering how much of it studying costs, though, it's never a bad idea to keep a high morale.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 16, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »

Is there a bonus for reading speed at higher focus? At the moment I usually listen to mp3s while reading, but I am running out of batteries. :D

From what I remember it kiiiinda does. High focus yields better skillups while reading, so if you jam out you'll skill up faster and have to read for less time. You don't read faster per time limit, but you spend less time reading because you retain more of it in total.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 16, 2015, 01:12:22 pm »

Rince, I usually take my batteries out of my MP3 player until I get a recharge apparatus up, then slap a recharge mod on the player, and use two (one charges, use the other) :P

Batteries are too useful until you can power things off solar panels to waste on silly things like morale~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 16, 2015, 04:08:46 pm »

Damn, zombie grenadiers are nasty. Saw one not all that close to me and was ripped apart before I knew what was happening. Shame, too, that character was really promising. My initial safehouse turned out to have a basement FULL of guns and ammo in it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 16, 2015, 04:15:31 pm »

Does purifier serum have a higher chance of sparing good mutations and removing bad ones than the regular stuff?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 16, 2015, 05:40:07 pm »

Rince, I usually take my batteries out of my MP3 player until I get a recharge apparatus up, then slap a recharge mod on the player, and use two (one charges, use the other) :P

Batteries are too useful until you can power things off solar panels to waste on silly things like morale~

mp3 player + vibrator = what do you mean I slaughtered a school full of zombie kiddos? I feel great!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 16, 2015, 08:22:21 pm »

Does purifier serum have a higher chance of sparing good mutations and removing bad ones than the regular stuff?

From my experience, no. It does, however, target post-threshold mutations more regularly, even those that aren't purifiable.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 16, 2015, 10:59:59 pm »

Damn, zombie grenadiers are nasty. Saw one not all that close to me and was ripped apart before I knew what was happening. Shame, too, that character was really promising. My initial safehouse turned out to have a basement FULL of guns and ammo in it.
I find that a shotgun with 00 shot (even a sawed-off) and a gas mask is enough. Shoot down any (frag)grenadehacks, easy with a shotgun even if unskilled, ignore tear gas and flashbangs with your gas mask, while running towards the grenadier. Once you're close enough, just blast'em, and run away before the final grenade explodes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 17, 2015, 01:23:29 pm »

Good to know. Sadly, I didn't have a gas mask.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 17, 2015, 02:44:06 pm »

Disclaimer: I cannot program, don't even suggest it.

Either the power armor helmets need to be redone to act as vision correctors like glasses or they need to allow glasses to be worn simultaneously.  If I missed something, like an item that serves as vision correction without counting as wearing something then by all means let me know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:45:40 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 17, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

IIRC the "fix" to this is to use the contacts item. Much like the real world, a number of helmets don't necessarily allow for the ease of wearing glasses. The contacts item instead works through the effects system (assuming I remember everything correctly) and thus allows you to wear the helmet and see at the same time.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 17, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »

From a purely logical standpoint (and a military standpoint), it would still be reasonable for the optics of the helmet to act as vision correctors as well (a rather vast percentage of soldiers require vision correction, and the military isn't big on contacts.)

That said, I haven't seen a 'contacts' item anywhere, I'll look again.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1154 on: May 17, 2015, 03:03:25 pm »

As both a military vet and a full helmet motorcycle rider, I call BS. It might take an extra step, but I've never had a helmet I couldn't wear glasses with. And unless the visor is closer to your face than safety goggles, that's not an excuse.
The only way this is viable, is if for some reason, this helmet is incapable of having the visor lifted. Considering even NASA's space helmets can be opened, that's a pretty damn weak excuse.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 451