Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5935077 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49080 on: December 23, 2016, 08:13:27 pm »

Lock them up, let them out if a month passes without them transforming. If they do, weaponize them.

EDIT: Pbbt. Because I derped the organization, the squad that's SUPPOSED to get the best stuff is last on the list and gets last pick of armor.

Also, this asshole has toppled his furniture despite no messages stating him to be stressed or tantruming.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:28:41 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49081 on: December 23, 2016, 09:20:17 pm »

He did turn, but I don't believe nerve tissue heals. 
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49082 on: December 23, 2016, 09:25:54 pm »

He did turn, but I don't believe nerve tissue heals.
Transformation heals everything. Even lost limbs.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49083 on: December 23, 2016, 09:26:50 pm »

How the game works is it effectively generates a new body for them each time. New everything, including limbs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49084 on: December 23, 2016, 10:12:44 pm »

I wonder if it unstyles their beards...
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49085 on: December 23, 2016, 11:50:09 pm »

Holy crap things are slow going when you have 45 soldiers, 2 werebeasts, and 26 children...out of a population of 85, leaving only 12 full-time workers.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49086 on: December 24, 2016, 02:08:18 am »

I set up a new fort. Built it down in the caverns, right on top of the magma sea. Map is amazingly only ~40 z-levels deep in total. Got forges up and running and irrigated farms. A well, a few workshops. Then realized that I had the pop cap restricted to 7, explaining why I never got migrants
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49087 on: December 24, 2016, 11:33:58 am »

Slow is when you have 200 dwarves, over 200 animals, and have an expanded embark site.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49088 on: December 24, 2016, 12:33:16 pm »

Slow is when you have 200 dwarves, over 200 animals, and have an expanded embark site.

Do you have more than 12 workers? 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49089 on: December 24, 2016, 01:12:14 pm »

Slow is when you have 374 dwarves (and increasing) 370 pets/livestock (also increasing) 119 others and 411 corpses, along with several mined out z levels and the stone and ores that implies along with the caverns and a mountain on a six year old laptop with about half the storage space on both disks filled.....

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49090 on: December 24, 2016, 02:23:43 pm »

Slow is when you have 374 dwarves (and increasing) 370 pets/livestock (also increasing) 119 others and 411 corpses, along with several mined out z levels and the stone and ores that implies along with the caverns and a mountain on a six year old laptop with about half the storage space on both disks filled.....

That sounds like a fire hazard.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49092 on: December 24, 2016, 03:15:14 pm »

Well, I am initiating a grand plan to deal with my population problem. It involves the same system that now has my two werebeasts safely locked away. I set aside a few children that were curiously still children despite claiming to be of age, and those only a year away from growing up, and started to finagle the rest into the other half of my isolation chamber.

So long as my werebeasts survive the two-person loyalty cascade they created, presumably because they somehow didn't change back at exactly the same time...

EDIT: The two victims have stopped fighting at least, and they are trapped along with maybe two dozen children. A lucky few incompetents didn't get the hint and follow the burrow restriction. When the next full moon strike, this gon be gud.

EDIT: Scratch that, only 14 are in there. That's still a good amount. Werebeasts will be outnumbered 7 to 1. Place your bets!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:58:00 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

kaysic

• Escaped Lunatic
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49093 on: December 24, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »

Currently cascading into a loyalty spiral from which I've no hope of salvaging it.

It's my first fortress, see - finally decided to climb the difficulty cliff for the sake of FUN. Things were going well... until a werebeast showed up and I missed the combat log where he bit two of my woodcutters and a kid before he was put down by the militia.

Having the woodcutter transform into a werelizard in the middle of the dining hall was certainly a surprise. Almost as surprising as how Urist Jr. one-shot the captain of the guard with a headshot. Regretfully, I was having too much fun watching the chaos to screencap or, y'know, try to salvage it :P

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49094 on: December 24, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »

Lucky me, I've got all the potential loyalty cascade nonsense safely locked up. Sadly I fear any survivors might die of dehydration before they turn.

Oh well. In the blue corner, we have 14 starving, dehydrated children. Several of which are fast asleep, and one of which is being thrown into a wall by the time I could pause to get a screenshot.

And in the red corner, a pair of werechameleons, one of which is the reigning world heavyweight champion at child-tossing.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 ... 3838