Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 848834 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1050 on: January 08, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »

84. While crossing a bridge, a troll leaps up and demands you pay a toll.
85. As above, but while the troll distracts you, another one sneaks up behind you and ties your shoe laces together.
86. You come across an elf engaged in a staring contest with a patch of nettles.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 09, 2016, 07:06:14 am »

Anyone willing to pick apart this lore I have written so far. Its far from finished, but its got most of the key points in it as far as I am concerned. As its not detailed Lore, more like almost forgotten lore. Mainly looking to see if its parts make sense or, no sense...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 09, 2016, 11:50:15 am »

Sounds good.
Why does that end with an ellipsis, though?  It sounds like there's supposed to be an "Or do they?" in there...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 09, 2016, 04:25:20 pm »

I think it's implied.
I'm checking, because I don't know whether it's supposed to be or not.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 09, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »

Then maybe that's the main plot line?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 09, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »

Then maybe that's the main plot line?
I'm checking, because I don't know whether it's supposed to be or not.

As a writer, not as a player.
Sigtext

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 09, 2016, 09:43:25 pm »

Personal Habit...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 09, 2016, 09:55:29 pm »

Personal Habit... or is it?
ftfy
No. No its not. :P
Its an odd habit formed from the way I speak IRL and how my mind fills in the words as I type, the long gaps I leave between thoughts or statements with vocal communication also get filled into text communication. I irritate a few people, but if you look at how I type and where they appear, its very much at the end of a post or a paragraph where I move onto a different statement or line of thought...

Unless a emoji is included, then they take the spot of it cause, well, can't pause when you stick your tongue out can ya. ^_^

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 09, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »

Well yeah, I ellipsis too...But it shouldn't be in a lore document, which is presumably written in a book style that doesn't like ellipses.
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 09, 2016, 10:33:53 pm »

Another level and Mythic Tier gained. Took quite a bit to earn it.

First we took a major bridge in the city we had besieged. Half the party went along the dried riverbed the bridge overlooked, to prevent the enemy from demolishing the supports while our army tried to cross. Then we went to the top of walls of the citadel, destroying the catapults that were above.

After destroying two of them, we heard a roar and were assaulted by a Red Dragon. It was a CR 15 encounter, even though we were only level 7. It had two initiatives, allowing it two turns a round. It never landed, and only one of our party had a ranged weapon with enough reach to actually hit the thing, even at its closest. It killed two people, one of whom was squishy and being stupid by flying right up into its face.

The Adventure Path called for a Chimera to come down, and specified that the Chimera would only fight in melee. But that would have been way too easy.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 10, 2016, 10:23:33 am »

Sounds good.
Why does that end with an ellipsis, though?  It sounds like there's supposed to be an "Or do they?" in there...

Yeah, that part reminded me ot the Theft of The World by Tiamat in Dragonlance
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 11, 2016, 12:16:30 am »

Help me come up with 101 interesting random wilderness encounters!

87.) A pack of wolves is eating a recently killed deer. They won't bother you if you don't bother them.
88.) Some wizard's cat familiar is in heat and trying to feed an aphrodesiac to a much larger wild cat like a lynx or a bobcat or an ocelot or something
89.) Two elves seem to be playing a boardgame in a clearing, except that on closer inspection - and despite the fact that thir game seems to be progressing - they never seem to actually move any of the pieces.
90.) An enormous swarm of panicked rats or snakes or other small animals scurries past going in the other direction
91.) A raven pecks at a corpse by the side of the path
92.) Shrines to two rival deities are located a short distance from one another along the path (really two seperate encounters, I guess). Both have been defaced.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 11, 2016, 04:42:08 am »

Hey guys. Another Pick me apart lore bit...

This is about the Races that are not PC choices. So far I have only finished the Gnome and Dragonborn races. Dwarf (Dweorse) and Elves are coming...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 623