Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 848938 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1260 on: January 18, 2016, 02:05:27 pm »

28) You encounter a table. It rolls on you.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 18, 2016, 02:06:39 pm »

Jokes are fun.  Taking a good idea and running with it is fun.  Combining the two is hilarious but also a massive derail, please remain on topic.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:12 pm »

29.) You encounter a chest. It's completely untrapped and has no magic on it whatsoever. Inside is a note that says "Turn around." Upon turning around, the party sees a second chest that is as safe as the first. Inside is a note that says "Look in the first chest." The first chest is closed and inside there is now a ton of valuables.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 18, 2016, 02:09:41 pm »

Jokes are fun.  Taking a good idea and running with it is fun.  Combining the two is hilarious but also a massive derail, please remain on topic.
Generating random encounters is off-topic?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 18, 2016, 02:10:47 pm »

No, but going from actual dungeon encounters to "roll from a completely unrelated table of encounters, then do it again, and combine them" is unrelated.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:07 pm »

Ah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 18, 2016, 03:15:46 pm »

Yeah it is fun but it is just becoming a huge derail and I am all for temporary derails, I think conversations move and evolve, but this is reaching for complete derail territory.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 18, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »

Muh build's unviable. I thought that with each Dragon Totem Rage Power I took, I would gain 2 Damage Reduction and elemental resistance equal to double my DR. Turns out that's not what it means that each totem adds 2 DR. It means that it counts as 2 higher for the purposes of determining elemental resistances.

For a game with so much focus on the wording, the books don't seem to work that way. I learn more from the official messageboards than the actual books.

Now how am I gonna cheese my way to 30 DR? But seriously, a lot of my plans get shut down by dubious wordings.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 18, 2016, 03:39:24 pm »

Muh build's unviable. I thought that with each Dragon Totem Rage Power I took, I would gain 2 Damage Reduction and elemental resistance equal to double my DR. Turns out that's not what it means that each totem adds 2 DR. It means that it counts as 2 higher for the purposes of determining elemental resistances.

For a game with so much focus on the wording, the books don't seem to work that way. I learn more from the official messageboards than the actual books.

Now how am I gonna cheese my way to 30 DR? But seriously, a lot of my plans get shut down by dubious wordings.

What? There's no way that wording means anything other than stacking DR.

It might be errata to change it because it's broken, but who cares?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 18, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »

Yeah it is fun but it is just becoming a huge derail and I am all for temporary derails, I think conversations move and evolve, but this is reaching for complete derail territory.

Plus this latest list was kind of off-track from the start.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 19, 2016, 08:37:30 pm »

Can we give this current list a pass and either go on to the next theme or else restart with actual dungeon encounters?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 19, 2016, 09:37:02 pm »

I think we've veen told to stop it, yeah.
Sigtext

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 19, 2016, 10:12:10 pm »

If you guys want to make lists of encounters/hooks that's fine, I'd just like to keep the jokes more in-flavor, rather than meta.  So feel free, but don't abuse it please.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 19, 2016, 11:05:20 pm »

so 30) It seems to be a relatively normal dungeon room. Except the floor is on the ceiling and vice versa.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 19, 2016, 11:26:04 pm »

30a.) The floor (which is the cieling) is actually a trapdoor, leading into a deep pit. The pit throws everyone back out of the entrance of the dungeon, should they bother to fly all the way up it.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 623