Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849254 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1800 on: February 27, 2016, 04:15:48 pm »

He's gonna be stripped of power soon.

If there was a chance to revive his family, it wouldn't be so bad. BUT TO FUCKING MAKE SURE THEY CANT BE REVIVED EXCEPT BY A GOD? FUCK YOU!

That means they can be revived by Miracle... if that helps... slightly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 27, 2016, 04:17:30 pm »

Or you coukd wish that the spell hadn't been cast?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 27, 2016, 04:31:26 pm »

Yeah, I'd be all for throwing that dude out and declaring all the dickish stuff he did non-canon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 27, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »

And/or that too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 27, 2016, 05:27:46 pm »

I'm gonna talk to the GM. I was on the assumption I could revive my family the whole time, and when I mentioned it a week ago, he didn't say anything about not being able to bring them back without using a god.

even the source that he got it from allowed them to be revived. They didn't do it because the building got destroyed and the cleric got killed, but they still allowed it.

This... This was bullshit. And throw in he's got another character that is 100% unkillable (I went over scenarios with him, and unless I wish him dead, he's unkillable) AND they want to kill everyone in a law enforcement campaign, I have to be OP or he kills me
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 27, 2016, 05:45:21 pm »

How on earth do you even make a character unkillable
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 27, 2016, 06:05:57 pm »

Magic?
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 27, 2016, 06:15:10 pm »

Cheating.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 27, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »

Pretty much cheating
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 27, 2016, 08:08:22 pm »

Sounds like he got the tarrasque's special regeneration.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 27, 2016, 08:50:09 pm »

Yeah, these are the type of neckbeards that spend all day trolling through theoretical optimization threads and then get a raging hard-on to actually try it in a real game. It's all well and good to make a game out of discovering how badly you can twist the rules, but that should only be a hypothetical scenario, not applied in a session with other real people. Otherwise you're just being a huge douche.

So in our current game, our dead rogue got his life restored and we did pretty much bugger all about our current quest. Given that said quest is to go fetch a rock, it's probably not going anywhere quickly. Trouble is, this rock happens to be a meteor that fell to the bottom of the ocean. It's gonna be a royal pain in the ass to get out again. Don't know exactly where it is, so we'll probably have to go looking for it. Luckily our newest party member, an oracle, has Freedom of Movement available to avoid the underwater fighting penalties.

Rules question: Do any of the underwater fighting rules specify that aquatic creatures ignore the penalties for fighting underwater? I can't see anything that says a water elemental, for example, doesn't deal half damage with its Slam attack when submerged.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:12 pm »

Sounds like he got the tarrasque's special regeneration.

I'd liken it more to a flame-immune troll, personally.

Rules question: Do any of the underwater fighting rules specify that aquatic creatures ignore the penalties for fighting underwater? I can't see anything that says a water elemental, for example, doesn't deal half damage with its Slam attack when submerged.

Oddly enough, I can't find anything for it in Pathfinder's aquatic combat rules, in the elemental/aquatic/water subtypes, or in the water elemental entries themselves. It would make sense that they wouldn't take penalties underwater, since they take massive penalties when not in water, but they are just as worthless in water, as written.

This session I got Magic Jarred by a Shadow Demon. Fun. Damn near killed two party members. One was left below zero at two hitpoints away from real death, and another was about ten away. I crit both of them. Then the Bloodrager/Magus took me down in one full round action. After spending Mythic Power a couple of times to get extra attacks in. Even then, if it weren't for my Burn, I would have still been standing.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 27, 2016, 10:38:01 pm »

Using:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/wilderness/terrain/aquatic-terrain
as reference, since it is the most consolidated collection of rules.

Creatures with a swim speed only take the -2 Attack & 1/2 Damage penalties for using Slashing or Bludgeoning Weapons underwater. (This is why you see merfolk and Tritons using Tridents, Spears, and Underwater Crossbows)

Technically a slam is a bludgeoning attack, and therefore less effective underwater. If you want to rule that the water elemental incorporates surrounding water into it's movements (effectively operating as though it has FoM) that is a perfectly reasonable house rule.

Water Elementals are actually strongest on the surface attacking ships, or grappling air breathers underwater, or perhaps Armed with a weapon. If you want an elemental guard for an underwater temple.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 28, 2016, 07:03:33 am »

I just realized I messed up when I crit last session. I took the burn as if I had used composite blasts, but only dealt damage as though I had attacked with a regular blast.

I should have rolled twice as many dice.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 623