Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849100 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there...

But if he finds it, he probably won't really complain too much. I do agree that the reason is they want to act out THEIR ideas, but that doesn't work in D&D; with the other players, someone is bound to step in and say "hey, I don't want to do that".

It's even more difficult to deal with that when you have players who are opposite ends of the spectrun
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

This Boatmurdered?
-snip-
I never posted in that thread, but I watched quite a bit of it. Part of why I tried DnD on the forum, actually. Although sadly all games I've been in have died shortly after beginning.
My second campaign on here is going, but slowly due to how shitty my hours are. I've been getting yelled at by one player to step down as DM, but that's impossible since everything is in my head and not written down.
Who the fuck.
I'm not able to disclose that without sending hate towards that player's way
Kinda the point.

Oh well, I'll respect your integrity.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

This Boatmurdered?
-snip-
I never posted in that thread, but I watched quite a bit of it. Part of why I tried DnD on the forum, actually. Although sadly all games I've been in have died shortly after beginning.
My second campaign on here is going, but slowly due to how shitty my hours are. I've been getting yelled at by one player to step down as DM, but that's impossible since everything is in my head and not written down.
Who the fuck.
I have the correct idea of who the fuck.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Well, who the fuck should learn some basic table etiquette.  All bitching at the DM does is get games cancelled and players booted.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This Boatmurdered?
-snip-
Who the fuck.
I have the correct idea of who the fuck.
Turns out it wasn't who I thought it was. Nevermind.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the person has been heckling me to update every day, even though I'm busy working 12+ hours in a day. He also has a power fantasy that he wants to achieve...

Given how the campaign will play out, and who's in the party, he won't get to live out his ideal power fantasy without many bumps in the road...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Just boot him, then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Rocks Fall, Annoying People Die
Black lives matter.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go for the gusto, string him along, have the story work against him and screw him over subtly?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go for the gusto, string him along, have the story work against him and screw him over subtly?

Pull a Kratos!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys paid attention, they're fghting a legendary snake that's too strong for them.

I think he's gonna have his arrogance screw him over. There's no way he's gonna deal with an altered CR10 "world boss" at level 2

The party got a random d100 roll if they found something along the way to the swamp they're going. They fumbled the roll and got the worse possible thing to come after them, which was the White Serpent, The King of the Giant Woods, Ouroboros. He's pretty much gonna one shot them if they don't book it... I felt bad about it, but it gives them context on why they need to be careful in the Giant Woods

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys paid attention, they're fghting a legendary snake that's too strong for them.

I think he's gonna have his arrogance screw him over. There's no way he's gonna deal with an altered CR10 "world boss" at level 2

The party got a random d100 roll if they found something along the way to the swamp they're going. They fumbled the roll and got the worse possible thing to come after them, which was the White Serpent, The King of the Giant Woods, Ouroboros. He's pretty much gonna one shot them if they don't book it... I felt bad about it, but it gives them context on why they need to be careful in the Giant Woods
I am actually watching the thread, but I'm scared about what we might face if subtle =\= giant snake.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Aaand I already almost lost my Druid/Barbarian. Raging is worse for your health than I thought. Death by Rage loss is more common than I realized.

I got my ass kicked by a giant demon-spider-robot-thing. And due to Superstitious Rage, I could not accept allied spells; including the Oracle's Cures. I eventually fell unconscious, and still couldn't be healed because the Raging Vitality feat allows you to Rage while asleep or unconscious. I could make any save my fellow party members threw at me on a roll of 2.

The DM wanted me to attack the Oracle, as a Superstitious Barbarian would view any attempt to cast a spell on them, harmless or not, as a threat to be neutralized. He's not really wrong.

Part of this clusterfuck of a battle was because we realized as a party that normal encounters are over before they begin, due to the Wizard/Arcanist, the Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple/Magus, and the Paladin/Ranger being general atomic bombs, with any damage dealt to us being cured in between fights. So now most dungeons will just be one or two massive fights between us and literally everything else in the current level of the dungeon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently restarting work on making my Homebrew game. Based in an Archipelago, the game will contain a large amount of naval travels. To make these moments interesting, most overworld travel was connected to something such as a Random Encounters Table. But I thought to use something different, ish...

The plan is, for every X amount of distance (Hex, Miles, Etc) they player flips a card from a deck called "The Blue". On each card there is a chance of getting some options, most will be "Clear Waters" with something around 40-55% being this card type, as this will not slow down travel too much. But there remain percent will be a collection of events. First the Card will Ask where in the water you are. 3 Options being, Shoreline/Shallows/Deep. The Shoreline is any time their ship is close to land, for example if the map was Hex based, if one edge is Land, they are Shoreline. Shallows are the part between the Deep and Shoreline, usually a Hex or so out from the shore. And finally, the Deep is anywhere else that isn't land...

After that, it would explain the Event (or at top of card, meh details). These could range from "Sails on the Horizon" to "Uncharted Landmass" which has you roll on a table connected to the location. An example of Uncharted Landmass for Shoreline would be something like;
1-5 - Sandbar, nothing interesting.
6-8 - Sandbar with Flotsam (Basic Treasure Loot)
9-15 - Reef, Slows Traveltime to Coursealign
16-18 - Small Island, Roll Event (D4 - 1-3 Nothing, 4 - Castaway)
19 - Small Island, Roll Event (D4 - 1-2 Castaway, 3-4 Loot Minor)
20 - Small Island, Roll Event (D4 - 1 Castaway 2-3 Loot Minor 4 Surprise)

And so forth. Problem is, after Sails, Uncharted and Weather. I can't really think of any other Events, NOR can I think of the Table Results. Anyone got any ideas? Not asking for someone to make them all up themselves, but just help me start this wave crashing :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

You just watch it eat one of the other characters. Then another one. And maybe a third. And finally that guy decides he's had enough and escapes to find a different set of associates.

EDIT: For bonus points, the rest of the campaign revolves around that guy recruiting the legion of hunters required to kill that thing at great personal expense to himself. The quest, although ultimately successful, leads him and almost everyone except a single bard PC to their deaths, who is saved only by sheer happenstance. He proceeds to commit the tale to paper and possibly found a new literary tradition in the process.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:42:48 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 623