Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845558 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: Arthropoid Martial Arts!
« Reply #4980 on: March 26, 2018, 04:13:04 pm »

Oh, that would be so awesome. But aren't they more Tiny sized? Or is six inches only Small?

He did say scaled up.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: March 26, 2018, 04:22:57 pm »

And if they raise it as a zombie, it'll work for a bit. Once the spinnerets start rotting...

I don't think they could raise the spider as an undead anyway, both the main spells for creating undead are humanoid only for some stupid reason, and the only other normal way to make undead is Finger of Death last I checked*, which is pretty high level.

*Also Zendikar vampire bites, which is also humanoid only because reasons.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: March 26, 2018, 04:54:40 pm »

So, I think I've come up with a solution to the spider problem. And by "I've come up with" I mean "You lot did and I've slightly altered things"

Basically, yes, the spider can produce silk they can rappel down. The thing is the spider's not easy to "Tame". It's a spider after all, the thing runs almost on pure instinct.

So, in order to get it to work, they'll need to produce some kind of potion that basically turns it into a braindead meat-to-silk machine. The guys get weird attachments to various things, so it may (emphasis on may, like I said the attachments are weird.) present a moral issue: Do they effectively kill Boris to make their SWAT dreams come true, or do they let Boris live out her days as a disabled spider mascot?

And if they raise it as a zombie, it'll work for a bit. Once the spinnerets start rotting...

Maybe there could be some amulet of spider control somewhere?

I thought your players already figured out how to get it to produce silk on demand?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: March 27, 2018, 04:54:05 am »

Thanks for all the treasure suggestions guys! Definitely using these.

I've also come up with a great set of items to add into my treasure room. Namely, a belt that adds +6 to all physical scores, and a headband that adds +6 to all mental scores. Both are cursed, however. Created by a gnomish illusionist archmage in order to protect his property, the belt acts as a girdle of opposite gender, and the headband as a crown of blindness, unless the wearer states that their name is that of the item's creator before wearing it. From then on, if they name themselves as any name other than that name, the items immediately cease to function until removed for at least 24 hours.

So, what ludicrous gnomish name shall we decide to have my unfortunate players adopt?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: March 27, 2018, 04:55:43 am »

Gnathan Gnorris
Black lives matter.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: March 27, 2018, 05:23:25 am »

Thanks for all the treasure suggestions guys! Definitely using these.

I've also come up with a great set of items to add into my treasure room. Namely, a belt that adds +6 to all physical scores, and a headband that adds +6 to all mental scores. Both are cursed, however. Created by a gnomish illusionist archmage in order to protect his property, the belt acts as a girdle of opposite gender, and the headband as a crown of blindness, unless the wearer states that their name is that of the item's creator before wearing it. From then on, if they name themselves as any name other than that name, the items immediately cease to function until removed for at least 24 hours.

So, what ludicrous gnomish name shall we decide to have my unfortunate players adopt?
Is that going to the treasure for Greed? 'Cause it actually sounds really appropriate for Pride.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: March 27, 2018, 05:28:01 am »

Oh, that would be so awesome. But aren't they more Tiny sized? Or is six inches only Small?

An actual Pictsie would be a Fine-sized creature with 12-18 points of Strength and presumably a special ability that lets them count as Medium for Strength checks and encumbrance, so you'd just be using them as a guideline to make a different kind of gnome with Pictsie-like attributes or a whole new race vaguely related to gnomes. I'd advise pitching the idea to your DM and see if they want to work with you on it because homebrewing something in 5E is pretty easy, fun and not at all complicated to balance well.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: March 27, 2018, 05:58:08 am »

Gnathan Gnorris

Gnicter Nickers
(Say it out loud. tee hee hee)

It needs to be said like this:

"I, Gnicter Nickers, and shall now don the vestments!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:01:08 am by wierd »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: March 27, 2018, 07:55:29 am »

But how is the doubly-enchanted belt cursed? :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: March 27, 2018, 08:07:57 am »

Stolen from Reddit:

Gnome Chomsky.

Nibbles T. McGibbles. The T is always said and stands for Tibbles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: March 27, 2018, 08:13:19 am »

Gnome Ann (particularly considering the belt) or Kaydee'Ee
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: March 27, 2018, 09:23:24 am »

But how is the doubly-enchanted belt cursed? :P
Yeah, Any power gamer would prefer the +6 than being their original gender. And a girdle of opposite gender is just great for a transgender person.
Maybe the belt should instead put the Slow spell on the wearer as long as they wear it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: March 27, 2018, 09:51:07 am »

Ah, I see I should have clarified. You see, the items only provide their curse effect when used incorrectly. No bonuses unless you meet the item's usage requirements, just going blind and having your dingle drop off (or pop out, as the case may be).

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: March 27, 2018, 09:56:38 am »

Do you have a plan for how they can learn the proper activation sequence?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: March 27, 2018, 09:57:49 am »

Given that they're stealing it from someone who's not the original owner, there can be a note attached.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 623