Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 383577 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- RISE FROM THE FRIGGIN ASHES
« Reply #2025 on: July 29, 2016, 01:33:02 am »

One of the reasons I suggested adamantine, gold and silver is because I don't think we have enough adamantine to do that and slade is nigh unbreakable and if I remember correctly there are not any slade mining techniques which currently work in this version without df hack. However if Mr Frog allows df hack to make the coffin work and we have enough adamantine I fully support this course of action!

Build a downward stair above slade floor and channel. Remove the ramp, build a stair and repeat. It works. I had it setup partially on my turn before I abandoned hell.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 29, 2016, 04:01:17 am »

And there we go, discussing the tomb for a dorf I don't even have at the moment because Clobbermountains wasted every each of them (and I had plenty). Even after I claimed a team of six fucking NPC dwarves... So I kinda stopped caring and went for a non-present narrator.

Holy CRAP. I was expecting you to drop a floor on them through the ceiling or something. Dropping the entire fucking tomb itself with the GS still fucking inside is a level of lunacy I had not been prepared for. Well done.

I am somewhat of a noob and I wasn't sure how did the rockfalls work so I wanted to make sure that no spawn escaped.

Here's the save.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:13:11 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2027 on: July 29, 2016, 04:10:21 am »

And there we go, discussing the tomb for a dorf I don't even have at the moment because Clobbermountains wasted every each of them (and I had plenty). Even after I claimed a team of six fucking NPC dwarves... So I kinda stopped caring and went for a non-present narrator.

Holy CRAP. I was expecting you to drop a floor on them through the ceiling or something. Dropping the entire fucking tomb itself with the GS still fucking inside is a level of lunacy I had not been prepared for. Well done.

I am somewhat of a noob and I wasn't sure how did the rockfalls work so I made sure that no spawn escaped.

Here's the save.

Dude, you just beat 34.11. If we didn't immediately try and stuff you into a coffin as both a memorial and token of our love, the Bay12 community would not be living up to our standards.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 29, 2016, 05:41:37 am »

Dudes, I...

Oh Lord, I was

soo

fucking close to

fucking up

hard.

I deleted my old save backups and DF itself (wanted to check something out with stonesense) downloading a fresh vanilla one, only to discover that the folder I uploaded was EMPTY

And I had flushed the fucking recycle bin.

Good thing I was able to restore the previous version from 10 pm yesterday...

Uploading it once more. This time, with EXTRA CARE

Edit: Alright, here it is!

Can somebody confirm they received it?

I'll go change my undergarments in the meantime
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:15:58 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 29, 2016, 06:35:32 am »

I can confirm that there is a Clobbermountains save in there, and several of the files have "last edited" times of earlier today.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 29, 2016, 12:33:55 pm »

Just booted up the save; it works, and is the most glorious thing I have ever seen. There is only one demon left on the whole map, over 100 bars of aluminum waiting in the old forge stockpile, and our dwarves somehow range from mildly unhappy to ecstatic despite about a dozen of them dying semi-recently. We're back, bitches.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 29, 2016, 02:15:02 pm »

Just booted up the save; it works, and is the most glorious thing I have ever seen. There is only one demon left on the whole map, over 100 bars of aluminum waiting in the old forge stockpile, and our dwarves somehow range from mildly unhappy to ecstatic despite about a dozen of them dying semi-recently. We're back, bitches.

Should we expect an update or... Let it proceed accordingly to what's left of the turn list?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 29, 2016, 02:50:59 pm »

Should we expect an update or... Let it proceed accordingly to what's left of the turn list?

Oh, no no no, I'm not playing -- don't think I could survive doing a turn at 8 FPS. Just making sure the save works and isn't corrupted (although we may still have some surprises in store on that front).

Gonna PM Flame right away since he's next on the list.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 29, 2016, 02:55:31 pm »

FFFFFFFFUCKING HELL I JUST STARTED MY TURN AT MURDERFLOOD

just skip me

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2034 on: July 31, 2016, 04:14:57 am »

I think I'm next (and last) on the turn list if Flame is passing it. I'm not sure I'm up for it ATM due to real life. Anyone want my spot? If not, I'll probably start playing on Monday/Tuesday.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: August 01, 2016, 07:41:32 pm »

I think I'm next (and last) on the turn list if Flame is passing it. I'm not sure I'm up for it ATM due to real life. Anyone want my spot? If not, I'll probably start playing on Monday/Tuesday.

If you're not up to it, feel free to put it off a bit. I'm really tired myself right now and can't really muster the minimal amount of energy required to run this thing.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: August 03, 2016, 09:44:15 pm »

Okay, I'm mostly alive again. How's NCommander holding up?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2037 on: August 04, 2016, 04:42:39 am »

Mentally?

Not so hot. I just don't feel like doing writeups and such, and if I take a turn, it will be rather substandard. I'm hoping once I put my current work contract to bed, I'll feel kinda better about life, but I'd like to be deferred for the time being. If no one steps up to run this madhouse, I'll see if I'm up for it this weekend.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: August 05, 2016, 12:18:45 am »

Mentally?

Not so hot. I just don't feel like doing writeups and such, and if I take a turn, it will be rather substandard. I'm hoping once I put my current work contract to bed, I'll feel kinda better about life, but I'd like to be deferred for the time being. If no one steps up to run this madhouse, I'll see if I'm up for it this weekend.

Sorry! I thought I'd already responded to this. Yeah, this is acceptable. Anyone want to take the save?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: August 06, 2016, 03:05:18 am »

*rubs hands and laughs maniacally*

Anyway, I suggest we give it a proper burial since it's been going for way too long and... We have seen what happened.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:12:48 am by Monitor Lisard »

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 140