Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1679430 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2015, 08:29:34 pm »

There's an interesting article about Stellaris over at PCGamer.

There's not a lot of new info, but it goes more in depth about some features we've already heard about. The character system sounds like it could be pretty interesting.
Indeed.  It sounds a lot like CK2. 

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2015, 09:12:48 pm »

There's not a lot of new info, but it goes more in depth about some features we've already heard about. The character system sounds like it could be pretty interesting.

Lets all give Culise a BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE for DISCOVERING THE POINT!

YAAAAY WOOO YEAH CULISE!!!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2015, 10:25:16 pm »

CKII in space is fine by me.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:52 pm »

Lets all give Culise a BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE for DISCOVERING THE POINT!

YAAAAY WOOO YEAH CULISE!!!
Why, thank you.  I accept your abuse of capitalization in the spirit of your generosity and sincerity.

In either case, it sounds eminently preferable to a simple HOI3 in space, which is the other major Paradox game that was developed by this particular lead as I recall.  As well, there are plenty of character systems in strategy games that are not CK2; Koei's ROTK and NA games both come to mind right off the top of my head, due to the pleasant upcoming circumstances regarding NA14.  Simply having a character-based system didn't really mean as much; it could have been an expansion on ministers and tech teams from HOI2, for instance.  Confirmation of trait-based character systems is useful to know. 

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2015, 07:37:10 am »

There's another article out recently that is a Q&A with fans of the series. Here's the link.

It's sounding like a mash up of CKII (characters, story driven events), EUIV (diplomacy) and VictoriaII (pops).

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2015, 09:09:28 am »

Post to Watch.

I'd have started with a Grand strategy game that only took place in the solar system though, or maybe the local stellar cluster. Considering it takes years to reach our nearest neighbor even /with/ a magical inertia-free engine.

It'd be cool to see the politics happening on earth with the addition of some small Martian mining outposts, trade ships scraping the asteroid belt and Kuiper belt for raw resources to be returned to the Earth/moon for machining, then a route to phobos or demios to construct new ships, or some other relatively large asteroid "harbor"

Just because there's little room for proper colonies doesn't mean that people won't go there. Australia is a thing, after all.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2015, 10:46:16 am »

Ok, Australia's not THAT untamable.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2015, 05:49:49 pm »

23 million people probably qualifies as a proper colony. They just had to find the places where the drop-bears aren't. It's a pretty big place, so there were a few (7-8).
It's a game. Have fun.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2015, 05:57:00 pm »

If nothing else, at least it had food, drink, and air.  That's a whole three things that make it more amenable than the Moon. :P

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2015, 06:13:36 pm »

If nothing else, at least it had food, drink, and air.  That's a whole three things that make it more amenable than the Moon. :P

Eh, water only in a select few places, except during certain times of year.  It's pretty bad outside the coast.  'Course, I haven't ever been there, so I am speaking out of my ass.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2015, 08:18:57 pm »

Don't forget the landsharks.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2015, 10:01:27 pm »

Well, Australia's the worst place to colonize outside of Madagascar in EUIV. At least that's been my experience with it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2015, 01:17:09 am »

On the other hand if you colonize Madagascar you got the most resilient place in the world when it comes to plagues.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2015, 10:46:33 am »

Humanity would build a city in the middle of a radioactive desert if there was a profitable industry that justified the investment.  Habitability alone doesn't tell you enough.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GundamMerc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2015, 12:46:36 pm »

On the other hand if you colonize Madagascar you got the most resilient place in the world when it comes to plagues.

Dat Plague Inc. reference dere.

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to this as it would be a good setting for mods that you couldn't do in HOI 3, like a One-Year War (Gundam) mod.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:48:18 pm by GundamMerc »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 632