Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687530 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1680 on: May 06, 2016, 09:20:16 pm »

You mean they aren't selling the MAKE SPACE GREAT AGAIN hats?  ???
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 06, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »

You mean they aren't selling the MAKE SPACE GREAT AGAIN hats?  ???
Nono. There's just a Blorg fandom. At least that's why I think Ordie wants to see some Blorg shirts. (Not that he himself is one, but I'm seeing quite a few "Death to the Blorg" posts)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 06, 2016, 11:23:39 pm »

I'm kinda hyped and got myself the Nova Edition (25% off on GMG). It still was a lot of money and I hope I can forget my hunger while playing.

I just miss the Stellaris Sign-Up icon, because I didn't notice this promo clicker game at all... I like the icons, but on the other hand I never really post there.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 07, 2016, 06:20:18 am »

OK, i need a system check here: I have an early i3, a 750ti, 4 gigs 1066 ram, and 64 bit windows 10. Can I run this game at at least non-minimum settings? Need to know before I decide to buy!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1684 on: May 07, 2016, 06:37:43 am »

Should be fine, going by the system requirements on Steam. You might not be able to play on larger galaxies without a fair bit of lag though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 07, 2016, 07:58:51 am »

OK, i need a system check here: I have an early i3, a 750ti, 4 gigs 1066 ram, and 64 bit windows 10. Can I run this game at at least non-minimum settings? Need to know before I decide to buy!
You should be able to run just fine on your specs. Clausewitz doesn't run anymore than 32bit though, but supports 64bit.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 07, 2016, 01:42:39 pm »

Pre-purchased off Green Man Gaming-that 25% off was too good to resist :P. Can't wait for Monday!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 07, 2016, 08:33:03 pm »

I think it would be pretty awesome if you could manipulate the DNA of a non-space faring race.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1688 on: May 07, 2016, 08:44:28 pm »

You can meddle in the development of primitives, yeah. How much depends on your government's ethoses/policies.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 08, 2016, 01:34:49 am »

Apparently slave races can't revolt for the release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/4iatr2/psa_slaves_currently_cant_rebel/
It doesn't inspire confidence in my pre-order that such a massive mechanic could be missing from the game. Slavery focused empires sound like they have no real downsides since it's so easy to stack slavery tolerance and the lack of any risk from owning slaves.

I've been worried about the lack of complexity since release and this only increases it. I guess at least it will be fixed in a $25 DLC down the road.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 08, 2016, 01:50:42 am »

They use the nightly builds so... maybe it won't be?  The Reddit post says it hasn't been confirmed for release or not.

It seems like a small happiness malus would be reasonable stopgap?  Seeing as how rebellions seem fairly common with no maluses at all.  Or a large happiness malus but reduced ethics impact (since slaves are likely less ideological due to their larger, more immediate problems).  Or slaves cannot rebel via normal mechanics unless they outnumber the number of defense armies on the planet, but there are negative events related to slavery including one that causes a rebellion regardless.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:22 am »

Man, Paradox really wants me to take slaves. They put slave modifiers on all the stuff I want (collectivist, xenophobe, divine mandate) and now this?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1694 on: May 08, 2016, 02:11:56 am »

I've been worried about the lack of complexity since release and this only increases it. I guess at least it will be fixed in a $25 DLC down the road.
Come now, even the base game has more going on than, say, Civ V with expansions. It only lacks complexity compared to other Paradox strategy titles... with expansions.

Man, Paradox really wants me to take slaves. They put slave modifiers on all the stuff I want (collectivist, xenophobe, divine mandate) and now this?
I was also going to go for a slavery empire, but no rebellions doesn't seem fun.

Sounds like we can expect slave rebellions at some point, but not terribly soon.
Wow they've really flubbed that one. RIP PDS, you will be missed.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 632