Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1679475 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3450 on: October 26, 2016, 07:11:54 pm »

So recently the Unbiden showed up

Halp
They had just been Biden their time
This is such Hillarity.
Too bad they're gonna get Trump'd
Don't worry. The Unbidden aren't worth six Pence.

Let it be known the Galaxy ended because of puns and bad spelling
Well we knew we where going to Bern up the puns eventually.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: October 26, 2016, 07:13:07 pm »

I have this recurring and very annoying issue where the game basically corrupts spontaneously. Hotkeys suddenly no longer work or change completely, many things can't be clicked on, visual bugs pop up...

It becomes virtually unplayable. The only half-way decent solution I have is to re-install.

Manually Uncompress and recompress the save, I've started to do it after I notice a lot of that stuff disappear while save game editing.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: October 26, 2016, 07:19:34 pm »

Jesus tapdancing christ. Wanna know how they "fixed" ship behavior? They just made a set of class-based default behaviors. That's why you can't give aggressive/defensive computers to everything, they (apparently) aren't actually in the game now, it's just that tier 2+ CCs use their old images. And all of the class CCs still use the same default behaviors, which is why they'll always be forced to act the same way regardless of what weapons or equipment you give them. Missiles and a big engine on a corvette? Charge right in! Autocannons and thick armor on a destroyer? Sit at the back!

Gonna have to go through and duplicate & rewrite all of the entries for all of the combat computers and class behaviors so that I can at least give them all the two basic options of "charge in" and "hold the range open". :IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The reason they've done that is to try to give the classes some differentiation rather than just encouraging corvette spam which was the old optimal play style. It does restrict the player, but as there's no tactical gameplay, not a great deal is lost by it. I'd have personally preferred them to allow the player to change it up if they'd like, (no 'combat computer' - just set the range that design should engage at) but it's better than before I think.
That's what I'm doing (except without high range granularity because that sucked the first time); each computer gives the same bonuses to its class, except that there are two versions. One prompts the ship to stay at medium-long range and shoot, the other to close the distance and brawl. All the stats are the same as they are in vanilla right now.

Also at some point someone made a typo on the icon file for the precog computers and called them "pregoc" computers... and apparently it was easier to perpetuate that mistake across all instances that referenced that file than to fix it. I can't be arsed to do it either. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 26, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »

I have this recurring and very annoying issue where the game basically corrupts spontaneously. Hotkeys suddenly no longer work or change completely, many things can't be clicked on, visual bugs pop up...

It becomes virtually unplayable. The only half-way decent solution I have is to re-install.

Manually Uncompress and recompress the save, I've started to do it after I notice a lot of that stuff disappear while save game editing.
You're gonna have to explain that process for me. Also it happens with brand new, unsaved games.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:15 pm »

Took me gorram forever to remember where they had the file that points the components to their icons. Also stumbled across more typos that were perpetuated throughout.

Might actually put it together for a proper download at some point when I have time, right now it overwrites core files. On the default/sentient/pre"goc" computers I fucked with the icons using the colors from the aggro/defensive computers to help differentiate them visually. Every ship class gets the full run of computers with their vanilla stat bonus, but split into two trees to allow them to fight aggressively or defensively.

Unfortunately a lot of them share descriptions with other class behaviors because I have no clue where those are kept. Not that anyone really reads those tooltips for anything but stats, so who cares?

The behaviors are probably also all fucked up, I'll fix them over time when I notice stuff that's off.

3. Run Resize Enable

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 26, 2016, 08:28:18 pm »

You're gonna have to explain that process for me. Also it happens with brand new, unsaved games.
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Save-game_editing And if it's happening to new games, then something funky is going on that new to me.]

Also, Flying Dice plz release your changes it'll make the game so much more interesting.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:54:50 pm by stabbymcstabstab »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: October 26, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »

Like I said, I will once I get some decent playtesting done and shit. But if you really want I could stick what I have now on dropbox for people to fiddle around with, with the caveat that it might conflict with mods you're using and is almost certainly not properly balanced.

In fact, here. That's the weapon and combat computer changes. Ship behaviors are fucked with a little as well. Stick it in C: > Users > [your name] > Documents > Paradox Interactive > Stellaris > mod > [make a folder, call it whatever you want, unzip inside].

Start the launcher up, find whatever you named it as on the mod list, activate it like normal. I'd appreciate it if nobody nicks it and uploads as their own on the workshop but honestly that's like 2-3h of sloppy work so IDGAF, mostly. If anyone actually bothers, I'll upload updates here when I make changes. Might stick it on the workshop if it ever gets to the point that I'm willing to recommend it.

3. Run Resize Enable

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 26, 2016, 08:56:38 pm »

thank you, you beautiful human being.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: October 27, 2016, 03:11:58 am »

So in my game there was a militaristic fallen empire that awakened, right away I declared war on them and they reply with "Greetings!"
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: October 27, 2016, 03:40:23 am »

So in my game there was a militaristic fallen empire that awakened, right away I declared war on them and they reply with "Greetings!"

Maybe declaring war is like saying hi in their culture. You're the first friend they've made in this strange galaxy and they're just pumped to get to know you better. Entire fleets of friendships are on their way!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: October 27, 2016, 05:57:18 am »

Maybe declaring war is like saying hi in their culture. You're the first friend they've made in this strange galaxy and they're just pumped to get to know you better. Entire fleets of friendships are on their way!
I will have to see, they are on the other side of the galaxy, I have psi jump drive and several enigmatic techs. The first engagement was in their favor and was next to their space. I do know the other fallen empire declared war on me and couldn't reach my space because neutral empires in the way.

Edit: Spoke too soon, that is a 100k stack
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:08:13 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:24 am »

Seems like sector AI is still as smart as a bag of deformed bricks. Welp.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 27, 2016, 02:47:51 pm »

I finally became strong enough to face the Fallen Empire who had been eating my leaders every ten years and had my revenge. Couldn't afford the warscore for their last world, but I took the rest, blew all their shit to hell, and enslaved the survivors. Now to rename all these worlds to mock them, just so they never ever forget their mistake. I'm tempted to reinstate Purging to eliminate as many populations as they killed my rulers, but I lost count at some point, so it'd just devolve into a general slaughter. Still, tempting.

I'm pretty sure I might trigger their one-world remnant Awakening, but I'm confident in my ability to crush them if they dare. The other FEs in the galaxy Awakening, though... that could be problematic. Still worth it. Sweet, sweet revenge.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 28, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »

Apparently there's a bug right now where if you allow sector AI to build space stations and other space stuff, it won't build any planetary improvements at all. Also it will use YOUR money and minerals to build the space stuff.

So turn it off.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 28, 2016, 01:13:25 pm »

Apparently there's a bug right now where if you allow sector AI to build space stations and other space stuff, it won't build any planetary improvements at all. Also it will use YOUR money and minerals to build the space stuff.

So turn it off.

Fucking chri91st, how do you not see that during anysort of QA?
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 632