Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 146352 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.06] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2016, 03:34:11 pm »

I don't carry the cleaned bones around, much, since the material is taken from the first bone I will sometimes supplement a smaller stack of good bones with random other cleaned bones I grab from nearby.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:53 pm »

Ah right. If cleaned bones as ammo would work, it would be a fairly easy way to make carrying multiple units of it easier. Sadly that doesn't work. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2016, 08:01:36 pm »

And now that the shoggoth fixes are more or less finished...

Enjoy a mug of Fun.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2016, 06:06:36 pm »

Hey,I noticed that instead of showing the NPCs name as usual it shows things like "The skinny kobold recruit Kilis" or "The deep-voiced human farmer".Is this a thing added by your mod or is this a vanilla thing now?Either way is very neat that adv mode is receiving more cool updates like that :)
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2016, 06:07:28 pm »

Huehuehue. Nope, that's a vanilla thing. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2016, 06:19:49 pm »

Huehuehue. Nope, that's a vanilla thing. :V

Toady pls...

I want to ask,what do you plan adding to the adventure building mode if it is not hardcoded?Any ideas for new furniture stuff or some cosmetics?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2016, 07:44:01 pm »

I want to ask,what do you plan adding to the adventure building mode if it is not hardcoded?Any ideas for new furniture stuff or some cosmetics?

I'm not sure yet, because I'll have no idea just yet how much control modding will give me over it. It might be nothing than adjusting my toolcrafting to be consistent with the way Toady will have hafted axes, or it might entail changing whatever Toady adds to be consistent with my reactions, or it might be a mix of both (like how I handled the vanilla bonecrafting).

Anything beyond reaction adjustments is still up in the air until I see what I can do with it. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2016, 07:02:41 pm »

Hnng. Dangit DFFD. Thing seems to be down, was plotting a minor update. :V

EDIT: Updatededed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:59:11 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.01] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2016, 06:23:44 pm »

Beware, I liiiive! Kobold Kamp will get The Updatening later on.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2016, 05:34:11 pm »

Congrats on the update.
Is it me or there's no way to build anything but Carpenter's workshop? I am so disappoint. I was going to make tons of special workshops :) for adventure mode.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2016, 05:43:43 pm »

Congrats on the update.
Is it me or there's no way to build anything but Carpenter's workshop? I am so disappoint. I was going to make tons of special workshops :) for adventure mode.

I'm disappointed too. Thing is, I don't know how the game handles the "you can build this workshop" code. There are three possibilities, in decreasing order of likelihood:

1. It is entirely done via hardcoded stuff that only the carpenter's workshop has. We modders are fucked.

2. It's done via a building token that is not apparent due to only being used on a non-raw workshop, but could be cited in custom buildings. Obtuse as fuck but WOULD be the sanest way for Toady to add it if he intends for more workshops to be usable in adventure mode.

3. Adding adventurer recipes that cite a given building automatically adds it to the build menu. This would be a batshit insane way to implement it, so I doubt it.

But yeah, if we could I'd be sorely tempted to add other crafting workshops. Like maybe shift metalsmithing off to a workshop for balance, to further encourage players to rely on megabeast body materials. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »

If there is no way to build more workshops the is it possible to use the ones that already exist in dwarven fortresses?Otherwise we could use advfort to build them.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2016, 05:56:06 pm »

If there is no way to build more workshops the is it possible to use the ones that already exist in dwarven fortresses?Otherwise we could use advfort to build them.

Fucked if I know, but that sounds like a feasible thing to test.

EDIT: Tested theory 3, no dice. Theory 2 remains unsolvable beyond confirming that [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] doesn't do anything when placed on a building.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:02:48 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2016, 06:19:13 pm »

You know,I kinda feel sad for Toady after I heard that one interview where he said "Yeah,the modders are way ahead of us.They already added craftable armor and weapons and meanwhile we added the ability to make basic stone axes." or something like that.I wonder how long it will take for him to catch up with Adventurecraft and Wanderer's Friend.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:22 pm »

I wonder how long it will take for him to catch up with Adventurecraft and Wanderer's Friend.

A negative amount of time, seeing as now I gotta update my mods again, 43.02 is out.

Though that's...interesting. That does imply that Toady does have more awareness of mod content than others have claimed. I'm still wondering whether the branch idea was perhaps inspired by this, but I'll be honest: I got the idea from elsewhere to begin with, and he implemented it better than I did anyway. XP

EDIT: Fixed. I found a trick to make the most time-consuming part (checking which raw files have been changed) fly by in a heartbeat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:21:07 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33