Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Igynpadca Single-Player Game  (Read 11321 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca Single-Player Game
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 12:33:21 pm »

Because we like this game, also, because it's fun, and there is the fact that only 40 percent of this game is grind, whereas it's closer to 90% for the MMO.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 01:20:31 pm »

Not to mention, the MMO's economy is so utterly inflated that money is useless. People now use "hats" as currency, which is completely stupid since they don't do anything except make your character a bigger target to HatHunters.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 01:42:13 pm »

pheh so you hate the grind? why bother playing then?

This game is so horrifically underbalanced you can get all end-tier shit within 8 hours with exploiting a bug

it's been two weeks and there hasnt been a patch what
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »

Look, we all now how to cheese stuff, I could look up the bilocations of all eight Chairs of Radiance on the wiki if I wanted, but no, I'm levelling against Faustian Scholars in Mezbuth (thnx for the tip guys, fluffiness was the key) because I like actually playing the game, ffs.

And it's rumours, but the lack of patches might be coz they're working overtime just to push out dlc. Don't know what it's about yet, but it's gonna be MASSIVE, apparently, and word on the chatrooms is we're looking at Torque. So hyped.

Anyone beat it? NO SPOILERS!
One wheel short of a wagon

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 07:43:48 pm »

I'm not sure about the validity of my sources, but I heard that the dlc is bringing 30 new classes, 45 subclasses, 103 micro-classes, and 10 new professions. Not sure what the storyline is, but I'm sure it'll be a Spiderlord Overarch who'll be the big bad.

And don't worry, they're patching everything in the dlc.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 07:58:47 pm »

Yeah, I ponied up for the Early Release, and I have to admit I'm not disappointed.  I haven't actually left Haven yet, I'm stuck in the library reading background lore.  Gods, this has some in-depth writing.  Hope the gameplay is half as good.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 08:53:47 pm »

Yeah, I ponied up for the Early Release, and I have to admit I'm not disappointed.  I haven't actually left Haven yet, I'm stuck in the library reading background lore.  Gods, this has some in-depth writing.  Hope the gameplay is half as good.
Yeah, but the Library in Haven is nothing compared to the one in Ruby city.... I've spent 90% of my game time there, five percent heading from Haven to Ruby, and the last five percent was spent at the Haven library.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 09:18:02 pm »

Can you get to Ruby without doing any of the Main Quest?  Looks like it's blocked off from the rest of the map.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 09:32:03 pm »

I'm not sure about the validity of my sources, but I heard that the dlc is bringing 30 new classes, 45 subclasses, 103 micro-classes, and 10 new professions. Not sure what the storyline is, but I'm sure it'll be a Spiderlord Overarch who'll be the big bad.

And don't worry, they're patching everything in the dlc.
No new demi-classes? That's a bit of a let-down, but all the rest of that stuff sounds good.

And, as other have said, if you're just rushing through the main storyline you're missing most of the game. I, personally, have just spent the last four days piloting a platinum sub through the Acid Ocean, fighting off various types of reactionals in search of the Lost City of Melting Flesh.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2016, 09:43:39 pm »

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2016, 04:29:11 am »

Spoiler: Lost City, Acid Ocean (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 04:42:36 am »

Soooo... are there, like, good crafting items and stuff in the libraries? Can you level with knowledge like in that MMO expansion that was so expoitable the community asked them to take it down? Because I haven't been spending much time in them, and I just burned the one off Witch's Coast... I think it had, like 14,000 scrolls or something?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 04:49:53 am »

Yeah, that would have made your life a ton easier.  You're 1/3rd of the way to the Amr ibn al `Aas achievement, though.  Burn the Haven and Ruby libraries and you'll get it, but say goodbye to any skill training for the rest of the game.  Oh, and the Order of the Quill will send assassins after you until you wipe them out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 04:53:36 am »

Even if I use the spinal fluid transfusion herbalmancy? I can skill then, right? ALso, are quill assassins still weak to murching?

I was a pretty OP murcher back in the MMO, if I do say so myself.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 10:13:43 pm »

Unstable_Core update is out...

Jefffffffs: Just a reminder, version numbers are NOT percentages. That said, we're pleased to announce version 99.9999864.0.0.3 is out! We've worked long and hard, especially Scoots (currently at rehab) and Willary (prison). We expect both of them to be hard at work again in months, until then, you may notice some slightly reduced profanity in the dev blogs, but also substantially poorer animations and textures. Frankly I think they're both some kind of 3D art savants, but don't let Willary hear that. We don't want to repeat the Christmas Party.

Anyway, v99.9999864.0.0.3 has some of our most-requested updates and fixes, and a few new features to tide you over until we're done with the World Gen Arc. Here's the highlights of the change log:

Fixes:
- No longer leaves BGM on repeat at max volume, overlaying repeated instances every time you enter a new area.
- Arms have correct number of elbows.
- Fixed reverse mesh occlusion.
- Removed the cash shop. RIP Samno, former chief engineer, who died fixing this bug.
- Running on Windows no longer causes results in the game calling the player a "capitalist running-dog and slave to the corporations," although we can't remove that on Macs yet.
- Weapons exist in-setting now; previously nobody had any idea what the swords, guns, lasers, and catapults in the game world were for.
- PC will no longer get pregnant following the "Eat a Baby" questline.
- We've come up with a workaround for "CD Drive keeps opening" bug. Every 10 seconds, the game tries to close the drive if open. Sorry if you have a slimline or "laptop-style" drive, you're going to have to keep closing it yourself.

New Features:
- Minimap now comes in three hardcoded sizes. Because of bug #14, you must choose the size at install. Sizes are: Postage-Stamp, 50% screen size, Full Screen.
- Added Base Construction! Three buildings available: One World Trade Center, Taj Mahal, Space Shuttle Launch Complex.
- Enabled preliminary code that we expect will allow PCs to enter buildings in the next release cycle!
- Main Quest Chapter 2 unlocked! This is the first of SEVERAL stages following our Kickstarter stretch goals; originally we were only going to have the first chapter, but now it's possible to complete your education with the old master, go to a nearby cave and fight some rats as a final challenge, and return to the training center to discover a terrible secret and begin what you might call... a quest!
- Added faces to NPCs.
- Enabled monster death. [PLAYER REQUESTED FEATURE]
- New Side Quest: Locate Willary's Alibi! PLEASE PLAY QUICKLY.
- Day/Night cycle, weather, seasons, tectonic drift, evolution. [PLAYER REQUESTED FEATURE]
- New Class: Bureaucrat. Has no combat abilities, is automatically disliked by everyone, has flat feet and halitosis. [PLAYER REQUESTED FEATURE]

Balance Changes:
- Dirt now costs 1.0003/unit rather than 1.0002/unit.
- Elder-Star-Dragon Masters with 20 or more class levels and the "Eldritch Deity" condition are 5% more susceptable to Basic Unarmed damage.
- Cows, Horses, Donkeys, Chickens, and other domestic animals have Greater Sword-Turning and Cosmic Peacekeeper enchantments. PC-owned animals do not gain these advantages.
- Melee weapons were overpowered- they now use "Swing Ammo," found in shops, on enemies, and in forest barrels, and which must be reloaded. Axes have a 5-swing clip, swords a 6-swing clip. [PLAYER REQUESTED CHANGE]
- Tweaked Gunslung class: may now dual-wield up to 5 weapons at once, down from 7. To compensate, he may now learn a special technique allowing him to load "Swing Ammo" into his guns.
- Rats drop 100-200 Platinum Coins on death, down from 2000+.

Known bugs:
- #14 Still impossible to resize windows.
- #4565333 Game supports Trump campaign, and we aren't sure how or why.
- #4542323 If the CD drive is open for more than 20 seconds, the CPU overheats critically and generally melts down. We recommend not gaming with a laptop directly on your lap.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:31:23 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7