Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 164

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198334 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1815 on: May 16, 2021, 02:51:14 pm »

Theorizing...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, they could also be just targeting the media buildings because they do not like the bad press.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1816 on: May 17, 2021, 04:14:54 am »

Well they didn't give any evidence at all that there was any Hamas assets or individuals there; none of the journalists reported any such thing either so it seems fantastical that the IDF really expects everyone to take their word at face value

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 17, 2021, 05:37:01 am »

Well they didn't give any evidence at all that there was any Hamas assets or individuals there; none of the journalists reported any such thing either so it seems fantastical that the IDF really expects everyone to take their word at face value
The terrorists clearly put on their cloaks of invisibility (gifted by Allah) and fled to local schools and hospitals.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 17, 2021, 07:16:07 am »

Clearly, they were tipped off by some 'anonymous trusted source'. Maybe an unidentified Hamas agent went into the building some time or another within the last month or 50.  That was all the intel they needed to determine the building was a valid military target.  And clearly it was not an arbitrary means to punish the Palestinians for daring to get uppity, with the added benefit of lowering the Palestinian population.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:26:39 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 17, 2021, 05:57:32 pm »

Of course, they could also be just targeting the media buildings because they do not like the bad press.

Generally speaking shooting rockets at journalists gets you more bad press.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 17, 2021, 06:17:45 pm »

In the immediate aftermath sure.

Medium- to long-term there are no more journalists to document it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 17, 2021, 09:31:16 pm »

In the immediate aftermath sure.

Medium- to long-term there are no more journalists to document it.

Plus, you only shoot the ones who don't support you.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 17, 2021, 10:10:06 pm »

I just wanted to post a thanks to Toady One for the front page Palestinian support post. It seems so long ago that northwest native Rachel Corrie was run over by Israeli bulldozers and people still are acting like Israel and its people are innocent victims. In recent years Israel and the Jewish religion has been hijacked by religious extremists and militant nationalists (and Trump people). It feels like the soul of the Jewish people is teetering on the edge of a knife and about to fall towards Nazism and genocide. I have a cousin who I went to school with who now teaches 8yos in Israel how to ritually slash the throats of goats on an alter in order to bring about the Moshiach and the next Temple. My Uncle runs a school in Tom's River NJ that teaches 13yo girls how to submit to their future husbands. I feel so powerless to do anything but its good to see I'm not alone in my concern about Israel.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 10:16:51 pm by Evrett33 »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1823 on: May 18, 2021, 03:12:30 am »

Hasn't stopped them before. Seems like IDF prefers angry journalists to internationally publicised videos/images/interviews from Palestine

*EDIT
That's rough Evrett, dunno what you can do about that really either

*EDITx2
Video of IDF soldier about to throw grenade at medics/journalists but stops when he realises he's on camera
Sums up why they'd target journalists to begin with
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 06:38:47 am by Loud Whispers »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 22, 2021, 02:17:43 am »

Seems like IDF prefers angry journalists to internationally publicised videos/images/interviews from Palestine

Confirmed to exist in post-ceasefire politics.

Israeli forces in violent confrontations with Palestinians outside Jerusalem's Al Aqsa mosque after Gaza ceasefire
A CNN journalist at the mosque compound said dozens of Israeli officers hit journalists with batons and tried to point rifles at them, calling them "liars" when they showed them their press cards.

The personal stories are more chilling though, like this one:

"I did the strangest thing today - I exchanged my children with my brother’s. I took two of his children, and gave him two of mine. So in case I get bombed, one of mine will survive & if he gets bombed, one of his will live on."
https://twitter.com/khaledsafi/status/1394539797105070080 (Posted in Arabic)

For some more cerebral reading try the Human Rights Watch report that was posted a couple of weeks prior to the most recent missile violence.
https://www.hrw.org/report/2021/04/27/threshold-crossed/israeli-authorities-and-crimes-apartheid-and-persecution

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: May 22, 2021, 06:02:56 am »

Am I dumb or wouldn't two live on.

Maybe Arabic translation err?
Love, scriver~

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 22, 2021, 09:01:20 am »

Well, running the Arabic through Google translate gives:

"The strangest thing that I did today is that I exchanged my children with my brother. I took two of his children from him and gave him two of my sons. Even if I was bombed by the occupation, one of my offspring remains and if it is bombed he will remain of his offspring .."

which is more or less the same.

I think that the chilling sense of it is clear, even if the numerality gets somewhat scrambled in the translation.  (You're welcome to provide a better translation if you have the skills.  :P)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 22, 2021, 07:59:13 pm »

https://twitter.com/historyofarmani/status/1395720199735848960

Isn't Israel always the side that breaks the ceasefire agreement? For defense, of course. Like burning crops, and destroying wells.

https://twitter.com/lumberjakeass/status/1395405375709585416

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 23, 2021, 03:44:59 am »

It's just Twitter troll posts.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 23, 2021, 07:07:14 am »

Am I dumb or wouldn't two live on.

Maybe Arabic translation err?
It talks about lineage so it turns singular in google translate then gets messed up when run through google translate. In case anyone wanted an actual Arab speaker's opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 164