Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89250 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:24 pm »

-snip- edited for clarity.
1) check that the contents of the testing room have been dumped back to 0, 0, 57 (which is now blacklisted)
2) place npcs in a sealed observation room. All video feeds go here first, and are not released until given the all clear. audio is sent into earbuds, rather than into the room at large.
3) sods are stationed in this room, but without contact with the video feeds or audio. They are equipped with stunners, and lethals, with orders to stun first and only fire lethals if the testers turn into mutant horrors immune to stun.
4) NPCs used will be vetted via xenospit, for strength of mind, and provided mind stims, to be chomped at the first sign of brain fuckery.

I'm prioritizing everyone's probe launches, as we have 12 so far.

First:
3, 3, 3 (sending two probes, probe a to attempt to dislodge the rods that form on probe b
9, 9, 9
3, 5, 3

second:
9, 1, 1,
17, 3, 18
6, 11, 0

Third:
0, -1, 0 have it return after two minutes. See if the irradiation and decay rates match that of the first probe. If there is no increase, send another that returns after three minutes. Then another that returns after four. Then another that returns after five.
0, -1, 0 Have a Phase 1 probe proceed to collide lightly against it and maintain physical contact for one minute and disengage. Are there any odd effects experienced by the colliding probe afterwards?

Finally, time and fate permitting:
0, 0, 2
0, 2, 0
2, 0, 0
14, 14, 14

Spoiler: RP stuff (click to show/hide)

((Gus already has -1 mind. The brain damage made no difference!))
((dang. I added a -1 enhanced stat to the wiki, for a functional -2. Poor Gus.))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:49:34 pm by Ozarck »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2016, 05:50:17 pm »

((dang. I added a -1 enhanced stat to the wiki, for a functional -2. Poor Gus.))
((Oh, I reverted that edit. Because it's not what PW said happened. Unless you PMed him about it or something.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2016, 06:18:42 pm »

Listening to Dester, nodding in agreement when he mentioned sending out probes as frequently as we can, Vincent finally responded when Dester finished.

"The cave world isn't an ideal new home universe, and we haven't put it through all the testing phases yet, but given how close this recent event possibly came to killing all of us and destroying all of our work in a matter of minutes, I would like to start work on colonising it IMMEDIATELY. From what we have seen, at the very least it will make a valuable resource outpost, and if the worst case scenario happens and we are all killed off before we can find an ideal home universe, at least we got the seeds of humanity somewhere where it can grow strong again. Also, I'd like to request we hold off on further exploration of the fractal-verse until I can oversee it again. It may contain sentient species, and I would rather not mess up our first contact with them."

With Dester's approval, Vincent starts contacting the builders on heph to start sending outpost building materials to the Cavern Universe (0,9,0). Send the labourers and tradesmen from our shipping company as well to start building if that can be done this turn, enough security (from our company) to keep everyone protected as well

Phase 1 to 9,1,1

ALSO: Get myself 2 mind stims.... scratch that, 2 of every stim

MOAR ALSO: I'll take a 5-sec reset and soli-- whatever that containment thing is below, as well
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:46:24 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2016, 06:27:57 pm »

Use Hephaestus managerial privileges to acquire the following for Charles: Solid Light Matter Generator (in case he needs to contain something), 5 Sec Reset (always could come in handy) with one or two spare batteries (I don't suppose it can just be hooked up to a regular generator?) and for everyone in the team: 1 battlestim of each 'flavor' (as in stats and skills, please don't just give everyone a bunch of novelty flavored Charisma pills), not taking any chances this time.

How efficient are current ways to produce to electricity? For the ones that don't exist IRL, what fuel-sources (including things like sunlight) need?

Send a Phase 1 probe to (0, -1, 0). But have it return after two minutes. See if the irradiation and decay rates match that of the first probe. If there is no increase, send another that returns after three minutes. Then another that returns after four. Then another that returns after five.

Send a Phase 1 probe to (0, -1, 0). Have a Phase 1 probe proceed to collide lightly against it and maintain physical contact for one minute and disengage. Are there any odd effects experienced by the colliding probe afterwards?

Send a Phase 1 probe to (3, 3, 3). Send some sort of remotely operated robot or piece of machinery or another probe to try and dislodge the rods.

Send a modified Phase 1 probe to (17, 3, 18). It will have add some rudimentary mechanical limbs. These limbs will not be connected to any power supply at all nor will the probe be able to send any signals to them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:18:16 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2016, 06:36:05 pm »

((Eh, in PMs piecewise told me to pop up here, and so I have.

I somehow didn't get that this wasn't on Heph, though. Dunno how.

In any case this'll go to PMs again soon, I just gotta leave an explanation for how I managed to get all the way there, I suppose?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2016, 06:44:39 pm »

((Eh, in PMs piecewise told me to pop up here, and so I have.

I somehow didn't get that this wasn't on Heph, though. Dunno how.

In any case this'll go to PMs again soon, I just gotta leave an explanation for how I managed to get all the way there, I suppose?))

((This is KINDA heph, KINDA our mission))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2016, 07:07:16 pm »

((we have shuttles and whatnot. it just would take some time to get out here is all. And the Doctor is in that quantuum state whereby he is both on the Apocalypse lab and on Hephaestus, as evidenced by some of the conversation between Dester and him between explorations.))

to Vincent
yes, I agree that we should have a reserve base in the Caverns Universe. I believe we began establishing a base camp prior to the recent troubles.

Quote from: Dester to:Vanessa
I believe if you send him a message, the Doctor would reply. He seems to get around a bit, appearing where he will, when he will. He seems primarily concerned with the Machine, at the moment. I doubt you will find him there, however, as that area is apparently off limits to casual visitors.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:57:24 pm by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »

To Dester, shortly after waking up: "I shhould be a-ok, Boss. I think I survived without so mush as drain bammigsh."

Later: "We might wanna do some mining in that cave world, what with all those gems. We don't have to live there, but we might as well get stinky rich before we bail, if you ask me.

I'll go looking Boss, don't you worry. We'll find ourselves a home."

((Action amended to include search of 9,9,9))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:29 pm »

Quote from: Vanessa Anagrid -> Doctor
I would like to speak with you. Is there a place where you are often that I may wait for you in?

Textings! Head to place Doc specifies. Make sure to check for traps or whatever before I go in.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2016, 05:13:32 am »

((Ah, sorry then. Oh well.*grumble grumble* Piecewise... Have fun, and don't get eaten! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2016, 12:29:04 pm »

((we've got probes going to:
3, 5, 3
6, 11, 0
9, 9, 9
0, 0, 2
0, 2, 0
2, 0, 0
14, 14, 14
9, 1, 1
0, -1, 0 (x2)
3, 3, 3
17, 3, 18

I think I am going to edit my post to prioritize some of these, so PW doesn't melt, explode, and go crazy.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »

((3,3,3 has already been explored. Make sure to check the wiki before sending a probe!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2016, 12:51:47 pm »

((3,3,3 has already been explored. Make sure to check the wiki before sending a probe!))
Yep. Empiricist is running secondary tests. All his probes are going to previously opened universes.

PW confirmed, Gus is to lose a mind point, dropping to -2.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2016, 01:05:00 pm »

((kk. and damn. -2 mind  is hyper dangerous. Especially with how common mind fuck is!))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:02:39 pm by Kedly »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »

Dester recieves a text message from Saint after he gives his thanks.

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint to: BLOPS Lead Dester
No thanks is necessary.  I have been expecting something like this to happen, and I am merely happy that it was so simple to deal with.

Forgive me, but I will not be immediately joining in your rush for new universes.  I did not take amnesiacs, and as such my body has not returned to full functionality yet.  I will be dealing with that problem first.

Was that all you wished to say in your meeting?  Or did the amnesiacs force you to forget about the meeting?  You had been about to host one just before the anomaly was released.

1.I'm gonna requisition another battlestim of each variety, in addition to the ones Empiricist is providing.  That gets me two of each.

2.Next, gonna deal with my limp limbs.  Have a robosod (contained in a testing room) possess my body, and attempt to move my arms.  Does it succeed?

3.Now possess a different robosod myself.  Can I move its arms?

4.Personal project: Use my +4 aux to create a very good voice synth program.  One that I can use to imitate other people's voices.  For now, just use it to make my own voice harmonically perfect, like autotune except preferably less staticy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54