Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001985 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1035 on: March 12, 2016, 06:40:34 pm »

How do you EU guys feel about enabling Erdogan to become more dictatorial? http://www.politico.eu/article/refugee-eu-migration-deal-will-cement-erdogans-control/

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 12, 2016, 07:09:31 pm »

It's kind of ridiculous at this point. "Hey, we've got a migrant crisis. Let's do something to push it a few years back and make it worse in the long run!"
Taste my Paci-Fist

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 13, 2016, 06:00:56 am »

This is the polite EU thread not the Is [CONTROVERSIAL SEXUAL ACT] Morally Defensible Thread
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2016, 09:16:12 am »

Yeah, enough of that already.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2016, 09:36:44 am »

How do you EU guys feel about enabling Erdogan to become more dictatorial? http://www.politico.eu/article/refugee-eu-migration-deal-will-cement-erdogans-control/
It was inevitable
Also this is relevant
One of the things going around Londonistan cos of the Kurd march is that they said the only difference between Assad and Erdogan is that Assad doesn't bomb Kurds

R
  E
    G
      I
       M
         E

C
               H
                 A
                   N
                     G
                       E

lol jk no one will regime change him and that would be a terrible idea anyways. Things would be different if the Turkish military still had its independent influence over Turkey but as it stands Erdogan is pretty integral to Turkish stability now, so there's not really much that can be done unless Erdogan causes more damage than his regime changing would entail. Pretty much all of Turkey from the political to social, economic to military has seen better days and Turkey herself could end up getting Balkand. I believe the French call this authority in "state of emergency", and power shall be devolved once the state of emergency is over, even if it never truly is. At the very least it is better than civil war

This is the polite EU thread not the Is [CONTROVERSIAL SEXUAL ACT] Morally Defensible Thread
That's one half of European politics these days m8

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2016, 10:03:56 am »

Good thing this is the news thread not the political debates thread. Clearly we don't do political debates here because every single political debate thread on the EU has spiralled out of control and been nuked.

Anything that seems to be a political debate here is clearly just high-spirited argument and theoretical-devils-advocation.

In other news, Plane Pilots to lose patient-doctor confidentiality
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1041 on: March 13, 2016, 10:11:43 am »

Good thing this is the news thread not the political debates thread. Clearly we don't do political debates here because every single political debate thread on the EU has spiralled out of control and been nuked.
Reporting news on haramsexual is good

Anything that seems to be a political debate here is clearly just high-spirited argument and theoretical-devils-advocation.
Or pure coincidence

Also the Eagles of Death Metal band dood who said the six security guards who did not show up to the Bataclan theatre on the night it got peaced has apologised to them, saying they probably had legit reasons to skip

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1042 on: March 13, 2016, 11:11:02 am »

I'M ANGRY

ABOUT FISHING

EU LEAVE OUR FISH ALONE

I'M

ANGRY

ABOUT

fishing

He said he suspected the council had adopted the strategy used by South Korea, which increased its fines on its fishermen in exchange for being dropped from the EU’s warning list.

“The government should be able to communicate with foreign institutions and fight for the interests of Taiwan’s fishing industry, instead of following the South Korean government,” Lei said. “Show some backbone, please.”
Further proof Taiwan number one

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1043 on: March 13, 2016, 02:13:07 pm »

fishing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is PTW because this is apparently new OOCQ thread.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 13, 2016, 04:27:28 pm »

Because that is obviously the right thing to do rather than ensure that pilots do not have working conditions which is detrimental to their mental health and stability.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 13, 2016, 04:35:35 pm »

I'm all for improving the pilot's working conditions (everyone's working conditions, for that matter, particularily people in sensitive and stressful jobs. Goes without saying that I'm not exactly impartial in this regard). I also think that this alone doesn't suffice to prevent this kind of thing: people can break down for personal reasons as well.

I think that breaching patient-doctor confidentiality is not going to work, however. If anything, it will make people under dire straits try to hide it all the harder, and make it more likely that they remain undetected and untreated. To everyone's detriment.

I think that keeping two people in the cabin at all times is a sensible idea.

I think it would be sensible to make sure that employees that come forward with health problems of whatever type are not hung up to dry, and severy punish companies that actually do so. If the problem is transitory, they should be guaranteed a return to their usual job, and if the problem is permanent and disabling, they should be relocated and/or given a pension.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1046 on: March 13, 2016, 04:42:23 pm »

Because that is obviously the right thing to do rather than ensure that pilots do not have working conditions which is detrimental to their mental health and stability.
Because creating working conditions that do not impact the continued mental health of pilots negatively does not stop the scenario where already mentally ill pilots / pilots who develop mental illnesses from home and public environments, trauma or disease are allowed to fly passenger jets

This deals with all

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 13, 2016, 05:07:10 pm »

Or it makes pilots fear seeking psychological help because they could face repercussions at work, and now there are more pilots with issues going completely untreated.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1048 on: March 13, 2016, 05:20:47 pm »

Yeah m8 in today's world of mass data collection they have nowhere to hide if they don't want help

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 13, 2016, 07:36:38 pm »

So Germany had a fairly large political upset today, in the regional parliamentary elections of three Länder. I'll provide details tomorrow.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 793