Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008550 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 16, 2016, 12:36:13 pm »

I guess they do need to get some compensation for North Pole-land melting fast
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 16, 2016, 12:50:20 pm »

Nietzsche's ideas weren't race-based, however. People ought to try not quoting the man out of context for once, neither to vilify him nor to use him as support for their own unrelated campaign
But... what about tradition?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 16, 2016, 12:52:16 pm »

Nietzsche's ideas weren't race-based, however. People ought to try not quoting the man out of context for once, neither to vilify him nor to use him as support for their own unrelated campaign
But... what about tradition?

Tradition!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 16, 2016, 01:23:15 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfaV-l9Dq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYUMImDfhoo

Footage of the poor sod's "confession":

Some jewels to look for

"I've been very impressed by the Korean Goverment's humanitarian treatment of severe criminals like myself and their very fair and square legal procedures"

"After I planned in detail to accomplish my plan... (...) I committed my crime of taking out the important political slogan from the staff only area of the ??? international hotel, aimed at harming the work ethic and the motivation of the Korean people"

"I never should have allowed myself to be lured by the US administration to commit a crime in this country"

Edit: moar:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er7uhMkQzro&ebc=ANyPxKoXdWB9BeBt0A5m-aRSsmaucGFRGaNnCAgCWODkRSLWid9tpRFSd4--sqRNSuEX-xy8hiSlmEt64Z-kVFXBUAFh5_Aqmw
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:30:09 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1114 on: March 16, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »

How long do you plan on going on like this?
It never ends

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 16, 2016, 01:58:02 pm »

I wonder if those confessions are made ridiculously over the top on purpose to signal that they're not serious about the charges and just want some concessions.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 16, 2016, 03:20:46 pm »

It's not fair. DPRK takes one man hostage, and gets a shitstorm, Turkey takes an entire European Union hostage, and gets 6 billion.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 16, 2016, 03:21:54 pm »

Why is news about an American in Korea in the EU thread?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 16, 2016, 03:23:39 pm »

Probably someone who had two tabs open and pressed reply in the wrong one. It happens to the best (korean) of us.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »

**Warning! An angry rant about the USA is incoming! Prepare to laugh at the git raging in front of his computer!**

I am greatly amused. That fucking moron thought he could go on a trip to north korea and do shit? That's a totalitarian regime, brah. This ain't no 'Murrica where you do settlements for breaking the law. In North Korea, they are going to drag you through shit and this time I say that is indeed good.

As a result of this chucklefuck, the US will lose international prestige, as they either allow a country with a twentieth of the size, one tenth of the population and one hundredth of the wealth can humiliate them by forcing them to negotiate the release of the nobhead that tried to tear down propaganda, or they lose face by letting the idiot rot in a concentration camp for 15+ years. Either way the US can no longer pretend they can be world police -- if they cannot protect their own citizens they can clearly not defend their allies. Hopefully this a sign of the US losing it's grip over Asia and Europe, and that the world is again controlled by multiple great powers instead of two or one state and their spheres of influence.

I sincerely hope that the USA falls apart, as it is getting weaker by the minute, and it is showing. The American society has always been unconscious politicaly, and due to that the Americans were always easily fooled by rampant generalizations, lies about ideologies and nations, and moronic ideas that wouldn't go by in any other western country. There is a reason the resentment against the USA amongst Europeans is and was increasing since the fall of the Soviet Union - they were no longer needed and their broken policies harmed everybody, even themselves.

If not for the vast amount of resources, population and the isolation from the rest of the world, the USA would have not been a superpower at all, and remaining a regional power at best. The leadership in the United States has always been lackluster, among the political leaders, as well as military ones. The land doctrines used by the USA were almost always outdated before they were even implemented - that is why all direct engagements the USA had over the years abroad were either humiliating defeats or pyrrhic victories. During the Korean and Vietnam wars the US was humiliated by analphabetic rice farmers with rusted and outdated AKs. The US lost simply because the leaders of those tiny, poor agricultural states were vastly better at strategy. In vietnam, the commanders of the US army failed to realize what to do and due to that the whole war was a pathetic loss. Iraq? Identical!

The US was always a country with jingoist war policies. To claim that a nation built by war loves peace is not only a filthy lie, but a stupid one. If I were to make the choice between aligning with a side during a potential World War III, it would be the side that does care about the people that joined their cause, and the USA is most certainly not that.

There. My sad, angry rant is over. Have a good one, the world, United States, hell, even the Kims in North Korea.

Yours truly,
A complete fucking git, SaberToothTIger.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1120 on: March 16, 2016, 04:18:46 pm »

Pax Americana's been eroded for quite some time really, and was pretty much nail-in-coffin from the end of the Iraq war being financed through debt bubbles that led to 2008 and the USA sorta just sitting around doing nothing in the Crimea whilst blundering around the ME

They'll still be the foremost power of the world for quite some time (short of Yellowstone erupting or civil war there is very little that can ever be done to change this) but we multipolar world now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 16, 2016, 04:20:33 pm »

Pax Americana's been eroded for quite some time really, and was pretty much nail-in-coffin from the end of the Iraq war being financed through debt bubbles that led to 2008 and the USA sorta just sitting around doing nothing in the Crimea whilst blundering around the ME

They'll still be the foremost power of the world for quite some time (short of Yellowstone erupting or civil war there is very little that can ever be done to change this) but we multipolar world now
But who are the other poles? Other than the Poles, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 16, 2016, 04:27:20 pm »

But who are the other poles? Other than the Poles, of course.
CURSES, FOILED AGAIN!

AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH THIS IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU MEDDLING TRANSPARENT LETTERS!
I was about to answer 'why, me and Kot of the active posters in this thread'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1123 on: March 16, 2016, 04:39:36 pm »

Nobody expects the invisible Poles

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 16, 2016, 06:13:32 pm »

Nobody expects the invisible Poles
Theres one fixing your boiler right now LW.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 793