Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008138 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1455 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:40 pm »

I cannot fathom why that is the one thing you are talking about now. It's really a kind of inconsequential statement, pure posturing. Why should I care which side kills people more efficiently?

This here seems way more interesting:
Also, oppressing freedom of speech by citing "treason"? Very Soviet-like. You know, modern Ukraine reminds me of USSR quite a lot, actually, and your previous statements that, paraphrased, say that "journalists are the enemy, because they tell people things that they shouldn't tell" and "traitors must be shot on sight by the conscious citizens/"new militia" with no trial, since a trial may acquit the traitor due to unreliability of judges" and etc, are very in line with what an average Soviet Party functionary would say when dealing with some state that has just recently been conquered by local communists and thus is still considered to be full of "capitalist dogs". The polarity is reversed, but the key attitudes are the same.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 28, 2016, 01:43:46 pm »

EDIT: I did put words into UR's mouth, I'm so sorry, everyone.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:32:56 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 28, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »

I think by "Russia" you really meant "Ukraine", given the way Ukraine has been drafting and sending under shells the most economically and politically active part of population, with only the most basic of training, despite the past claims that "60% of Ukraine's army consists of professional troops, circa 2013, Yanukovich's statement"

Yeah, I would prefer better part of the nation doing productive things but you know, we have no other damned choice.

Yanukovitch wanted a very small army of loyal dogs ready to aid police in suppressing reforms, all reforms of his era moved in this directions.

Waves of mobilization are necessary for our survival. Conscription is neccesary for increasing reserve pool with some training.
And we get more and more people signing contracts.

Ukraine can't get a professional modern army out of thin air.

Unlike, you know, Russia, that actually uses its professional formations up front, with far better efficiency than Ukraine could ever hope to reach (because, as we know by this point, Ukraine has never actually won an engagement with Russian forces in which the Russian forces wanted to win).
Billions of oil money poured in military budget had to make some effect but Russia achieved far less than it wanted in Ukraine. Oh and I enjoy Russian media celebrating capturing village in Syria (Palmyra) as some great victory of Russian Arms :D

Also, oppressing freedom of speech by citing "treason"? Very Soviet-like. You know, modern Ukraine reminds me of USSR quite a lot, actually, and your previous statements that, paraphrased, say that "journalists are the enemy, because they tell people things that they shouldn't tell" and "traitors must be shot on sight by the conscious citizens/"new militia" with no trial, since a trial may acquit the traitor due to unreliability of judges"
Some amount of war censorship is a necessary thing. As for "shooting on sight..." You put words in my mouth.

This to me seems to be the main tragedy of Maidan, and the Ukrainian state in general - it would be good if it was actually, you know, aiming to create a more European state. But in reality, what it does is bringing out the worst traits of Soviet Union
Were is my GULAG?

The corruption in Ukraine, the very reason why Maidan has gathered and what it aimed to reduce or eliminate altogether after the revolution, is stronger than ever, and there's no evidence that this will change any time soon. Or if there is even any way for it to change without mass shooting a significant portion of country's government apparatus, party members, oligarchs, just plain rich businessmen, notorious "field commanders"
Do you really think that installing junta that will execute corrupted persons can "reduce" corruption?

the ever-increasing foreign debt
https://pressimus.com/Interpreter_Mag/press/12987
It is not exactly true.

the incredibly high and growing public distrust of said government (Yatsenuk, a head of Ukrainian parliament, is in single digits and is universally disliked,
*Yawns*  I understand that it is an alien concept for a Russian... Politician's popularity can fluctuate and different guys can come in power from time to time. Countries do not collapse because of that.

Ukrainian government is a dysfunctional corrupt mess
I believe it is less dysfunctional corrupt mess than ones that ruled before 2014. It is what matters. You can't go from shit to perfect in one go.

An average response of an Ukrainian here would be "but all of these issues are even worse in Russia, according to our totally impartial and truthful media outlets, and that totally makes it OK, because the only thing that matters is that we, Ukraine, are better than Russia!"
Average response of an Ukrainian to lectures from a Russian would be three short Russian words.

ninjad:

Does hanging each and every Ukrainian judge counts as a plan?
It is a rather obvious dark humour, no?

From peaceful protests and media campaigns to "accidents" with some politicians
From - to means that if first one will not work then it is acceptable to do the second if necessary. Direct justice is the last resort option

And yes,  Judges and persecutors are the same shit as they always were and I am unhappy with a speed of reforms. Yet I know that there are no easy solutions of such complex and vital problem.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 28, 2016, 02:23:38 pm »

EDIT: I right now have no idea why did I even want to engage in this debate; have gone and made a thread a little bit more friendly and polite. Trigger warnings, ahoy!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:34:43 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 28, 2016, 06:02:34 pm »

No, please, please continue. Anything but wrangling over migration, progressive genocide of Germany and sick memes, anything
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 28, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »

No, please, please continue. Anything but wrangling over migration, progressive genocide of Germany and sick memes, anything
Me vs Russians debates killed way more Bay12 topics than migration stuff.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 28, 2016, 06:09:51 pm »

But it was also much more entertaining.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 28, 2016, 06:20:55 pm »

Are we here to be entertained, or informed? :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 28, 2016, 06:25:28 pm »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 28, 2016, 06:48:20 pm »

Are we here to be entertained, or informed? :o

Are you not entertained?

I am, as the world around me is crumbling and burning because of stupidity....
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 28, 2016, 10:11:44 pm »

Sure it happened. Nowadays it is not as common but in 2014\early 2015 we had a lot of stuff like "Unit X arrived to city Y" or "unit Z has no enough anti-tank weapons" or "enemy artillery strike was successful and we lost that that many soldiers and such equipment" in open press.

Should anyone criticize them for doing so they go "Corrupt military officials want to shut our mouths to hide how bad our army is!" mode.
Eh. Yeah. Problem is that when you don't let anyone report on the war, no one's there to speak up about the crimes. Least not if the soldiers are well trained.

Either way you run it, someone's boned.

Reporting in the war is possible. Just give a few days for units to relocate before running your news story, or keep detailed position out of your article.
Oh, it totally is. I'm talking about policy level. There will be the shitheads who give away your men's positions, or there will be war crimes that go unnoticed for far too long. Both can be theoretically dealt with in an appropriate manner, but you will have to deal with it, in the sense of doing something about it once it happens.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 29, 2016, 03:23:44 am »

I'm kind of surprised the plane had enough fuel.

Anyway, it's nice to see terrorists hijack planes rather than detonate themselves in parks. Give off that neat 70's vibe. I wonder who that is, it's certainly not the modus operandi of islamist terrorists.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 29, 2016, 03:50:45 am »

I'm kind of surprised the plane had enough fuel.

Anyway, it's nice to see terrorists hijack planes rather than detonate themselves in parks. Give off that neat 70's vibe. I wonder who that is, it's certainly not the modus operandi of islamist terrorists.

Theres always(well by the regulations any way) a large reserve in case the plane needs to divert somewhere else but the destination, and some more for orbiting for over an hour IIRC.
Me vs Russians debates killed way more Bay12 topics than migration stuff.

Now that Sputnik terminated its Finnish agency, I too need to get my daily dose from somewhere. Live Leak is alright but too much allahuakhbar.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 29, 2016, 04:12:29 am »

Covenant, if he was a 'classic' suicide bomber he would have detonated his bomb in mid-air. Also not all Egyptians name Ibrahim are muslims :p. He could be a Coptic Christian denoucing their treatments or something.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 793