Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008646 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3300 on: July 22, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »

It's not 100% clear whether it was just one person though I don't think. Theres also supposed to be a news conference soon.

And it appears that the guy was a german-iranian.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:41:29 pm by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: July 23, 2016, 03:10:31 am »

Apparently the police thought there were 3 shooters because people said 2 people got into a car after the shots were fires and sped away. Police have tracked the car and people, and the two had nothing to do with the shooting they were just random people who got in their car.

At least, that's what police says. It's a possibility though that the police just says that, to stop the panic. Can't have 6 million inhabitant cities on lockdown, plus the surrounding cities crammed with people sleeping in trains for over a day, in fear of 2 people with guns.

There's another unconfirmed report about the dead perpetrator. People said he was seen earlier, angrily shouting "I'm german".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:13:24 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: July 23, 2016, 03:23:35 am »

He was shouting i'm German in a response to an actual German dude cursing him for being a foreigner terrorist twat. that he was born and raised in Germany is a very little consolation to those dead kids parents i bet, plus, it is much scarier than if he was just a typical foreign born refugee, since those are easier to track. that it would definitely somehow serve as a counter argument for the anti-refugee/anti-immigrants people is pretty baffling.

Also, if you followed Twitter last night it was easy to notice that this video was the subject of an extremely lengthy propaganda attempt to picture this incident as right-wing related. the "problem" with this propaganda is that even though it has/had no grounds, it already sparked a conspiracy theory that the German police is hiding the fact it was indeed a right winger and the Muslim Iranian was just a patsy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: July 23, 2016, 03:27:10 am »

... wait. So someone in a balcony hears there's shooting, and his reaction is to come out and shout racist slurs at the shooter? Who in turn stops his initial murderous plan to defend that he's German born? Sounds surreal
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: July 23, 2016, 03:51:51 am »

As for the racist slurs, I'd give even less fucks about appearing 'racist' if I'm talking to someone who's currently engaged in shooting up my city.
It's a good thing you don't work as police negotiator. Aggravating the guy with the gun is 101 not done. The guy could just as well have triggered the shooter to shoot more people than he would have otherwise.

EDIT: I did watch that video yesterday. As far as I could tell, the shooting started after the shouting. Heard no shots before it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isthQ8dAJms

watched it again. Kinda looks like the shouter aggravated the guy into a shooting frenzy.
He did warn people though that the guy was loading his gun.

Also the transcript link you provided links to a 4chan 404 not found error
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:59:49 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3305 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:31 am »

why would I want to negotiate with him?

Though if he did have hostages, yeah, we'd have to play nicey-nice until we got an opportunity to take him down.
Why the fuck is killing a man the first option
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: July 23, 2016, 04:24:28 am »

Because he just shot several children dead?

I mean, fuck, if he throws down his gun and says 'I surrender, please come arrest me', then obviously, arrest him. But if he's still continuing his shooting campaign and resisting arrest, why the fuck would you give him the opportunity to kill more people?

What makes you so sure he had already shot people before the shouting started?
There's no screams or panic to be heard until the shots are fired in the video.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:27:02 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: July 23, 2016, 05:00:03 am »

Meanwhile in Turkey, Erdogan signed his first two presidential decrees, by the power granted to him through martial law.
In his first decree, he ordered 1000 private schools to be shut down.
In the other decree, he increased the maximum term that someone can be held by police without official charges to 30 days.

EDIT: in other news, police reports that the Munich shooter had no ties with IS or terrorism. He was, however, obsessed with US highschool shootings (police found a book on those in his room), and had made statements online glorifying a school shooting in Germany as well.

So looks like this is more of a bullied kid goes full psycho thing, where the kid happened to be half Iranian.

Nine people were killed, of whom 7 teenagers. 27 people were injured of whom 3 are still in critical condition.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:21:55 am by martinuzz »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3308 on: July 23, 2016, 05:23:17 am »

Because he just shot several children dead?
Sorry, I forgot that murder carried with it the sentence of summary execution.

EDIT: in other news, police reports that the Munich shooter had no ties with IS or terrorism. He was, however, obsessed with US highschool shootings (police found a book on those in his room), and had made statements online glorifying a school shooting in Germany as well.
Well damn. I blame American media for glorifying the shooters all the bloody time.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: July 23, 2016, 05:26:50 am »

I kinda still think the balcony shouter made things worse, even if they guy had just shot kids inside McDonalds. I'd say odds are very high that he would have suicided right there and then, on that roof, had the shouter not re-enraged him.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3310 on: July 23, 2016, 05:28:52 am »

Yeah, maybe. Hard to say, I guess. But good idea or no, balcony dude had some serious balls.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3311 on: July 23, 2016, 05:57:16 am »

Then again, a female Muslim eyewitness given the pseudonym 'Loretta' by CNN reported that he shouted 'Allahu Ackbar' while shooting, so who knows.
Eh. A singular witness isn't terribly reliable. There's no solid evidence to say he's Muslim. Then we have a crapton of school shooting malarkey, which is a very straightforward explanation.

Going full #BLM in here with this 'Police shooting a mass shooter in the middle of his rampage in a city is summary execution' stuff.
Haha, what? Please don't compare me to anti-establishment race war enthusiasts, it's very disconcerting.

In any case, I would prefer things to be solved without people getting killed. Killing the bastard, though efficacious, should always be the last resort.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: July 23, 2016, 06:15:32 am »

Then again, a female Muslim eyewitness given the pseudonym 'Loretta' by CNN reported that he shouted 'Allahu Ackbar' while shooting, so who knows.
Eh. A singular witness isn't terribly reliable. There's no solid evidence to say he's Muslim. Then we have a crapton of school shooting malarkey, which is a very straightforward explanation.
I'm not going to be terribly surprised if it turns out to be ISIS, but we'll see.

Going full #BLM in here with this 'Police shooting a mass shooter in the middle of his rampage in a city is summary execution' stuff.

Haha, what? Please don't compare me to anti-establishment race war enthusiasts, it's very disconcerting.

In any case, I would prefer things to be solved without people getting killed. Killing the bastard, though efficacious, should always be the last resort.
When you have a guy going on a rampage through a city, there really isn't any practical option other than shooting him. Trying to capture him alive only places more people at risk, both directly in the capture attempt, and also because it leaves a larger risk of him escaping and attacking more people.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3313 on: July 23, 2016, 06:31:38 am »

When you have a guy going on a rampage through a city, there really isn't any practical option other than shooting him. Trying to capture him alive only places more people at risk, both directly in the capture attempt, and also because it leaves a larger risk of him escaping and attacking more people.
I don't really have any objections to how this was handled, to be fair. I was mostly put off by perceived trigger-happiness.

in my eyes the lives of the general public and of the police officers themselves are of an immeasurably higher priority than that of someone who has committed/is committing mass murder.
How do you determine the value of a life?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: July 23, 2016, 08:02:07 am »

Meanwhile in Turkey, Erdogan signed his first two presidential decrees, by the power granted to him through martial law.
In his first decree, he ordered 1000 private schools to be shut down.
In the other decree, he increased the maximum term that someone can be held by police without official charges to 30 days.

He's gone full dictator hasn't he.....

So looks like this is more of a bullied kid goes full psycho thing, where the kid happened to be half Iranian.

Nine people were killed, of whom 7 teenagers. 27 people were injured of whom 3 are still in critical condition.

I agree with you earlier that maybe the guy shouting should have been charged, or probably will from what I know of German laws. I think. So, yeah, I suppose this is looking more like one of those school shooting type things where it's a bullied kid.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 793