Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008729 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5985 on: May 29, 2017, 11:37:41 am »

This is ridiculous, I mean, it's a bunch of workshops and discussion groups on issues affecting black women. Complaining they ban non-black women is like complaining a cancer support group ban healthy people.

Being for one group does is not the same as banning all other. I don't think any cancer support groups anywhere bans healthy people.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: May 29, 2017, 11:45:14 am »

I'm fairly certain they do, from some of their meetings at least. If you want another exemple, AA certainly restrict itself to people who have/had drinking issues.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: May 29, 2017, 11:48:31 am »

I'm sure they'd include cancer survivors, which would be in the 'healthy people' group, or at least 'healthy at this time'.

If something is aimed at a specialty or is a narrow focus, then yeah, it'd make sense, but when race (especially if it's a minority) comes into it, it has a tendency to become politically hot.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: May 29, 2017, 12:02:17 pm »

I'm sure they'd include cancer survivors, which would be in the 'healthy people' group, or at least 'healthy at this time'.

If something is aimed at a specialty or is a narrow focus, then yeah, it'd make sense, but when race (especially if it's a minority) comes into it, it has a tendency to become politically hot.

Well, yeah. Which is a bit ridiculous, especially when you considers that the overlap between people who might be interested in participating in a black-led round table on Afrofeminism and people who are offended at this "scandal" is pretty much nil. I mean, I think this particular group at this particular time went a tad too far in it's segregation but not hugely so.

In more interesting news. Macron roasted RT and Sputnik News during the joint press conference with Putin.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: May 29, 2017, 01:06:21 pm »

This is ridiculous, I mean, it's a bunch of workshops and discussion groups on issues affecting black women. Complaining they ban non-black women is like complaining a cancer support group ban healthy people.

Being for one group does is not the same as banning all other. I don't think any cancer support groups anywhere bans healthy people.
I'm fairly certain they do, from some of their meetings at least. If you want another exemple, AA certainly restrict itself to people who have/had drinking issues.

This chick Marla Singer did not have testicular cancer. She was a liar. She had no diseases at all. I had seen her at Free and Clear, my blood parasite group Thursdays. Then at Hope, my bi-monthly sickle cell circle. And again at Seize the Day, my tuberculous Friday night. Marla... the big tourist. Her lie reflected my lie. Suddenly, I felt nothing. I couldn't cry, so once again I couldn't sleep.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: May 29, 2017, 01:26:24 pm »

This chick Marla Singer did not have testicular cancer. She was a liar. She had no diseases at all. I had seen her at Free and Clear, my blood parasite group Thursdays. Then at Hope, my bi-monthly sickle cell circle. And again at Seize the Day, my tuberculous Friday night. Marla... the big tourist. Her lie reflected my lie. Suddenly, I felt nothing. I couldn't cry, so once again I couldn't sleep.

What if you get to go to blood parasites and tuberculosis and I get sickle cell and black feminism?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: May 30, 2017, 06:51:34 am »

Today, we will be having a talk on the place of White People in Africa. Black people aren't allowed to attend.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: May 30, 2017, 08:38:27 am »

Well, yeah. Which is a bit ridiculous, especially when you considers that the overlap between people who might be interested in participating in a black-led round table on Afrofeminism and people who are offended at this "scandal" is pretty much nil. I mean, I think this particular group at this particular time went a tad too far in it's segregation but not hugely so.

In more interesting news. Macron roasted RT and Sputnik News during the joint press conference with Putin.
Macron looks less bad every day. It's about time someone said that in Putin's face. I just hope he doesn't push his fondness for the open market too far.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: May 30, 2017, 09:09:14 am »

uhoh, a Syrian refugee has been arrested over suspicions of plotting a suicide attack. While I know it's just one guy in thousands of refugees/asylum-seekers, seems like this will reignite the whole immigration debate over there in Europe.

No doubt Trump is going to make note of it, however, the 'muslim ban' thing is slowly working it's way through the courts and he wants to take it all the way to the top court, the Supreme Court of the US. While he has been letting the legal system do it's thing (despite issuing protests), I'm a bit concerned on what he might do if it fails in the SCOTUS, mainly because it's kind of an unknown and because he's mercurial, as some put it.

On a lighter note, a bit of sillyness with the Nordic leaders trolling Trump on the orb photo.

Interesting thing from Ireland: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/europe/leo-varadkar-ireland-prime-minister-bid/index.html
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:48:28 am by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: June 02, 2017, 04:53:39 pm »

Meanwhile in Germany, the famous Rock am Ring festival has been shut down and evacuated on it's opening day, because possible terrorist threat. 90 thousand people have evacuated surprisingly calm and orderly.
It is unsure if the rest of the festival, which is supposed to last the whole weekend, can continue. Rammstein fans are sad. Rammstein was one of the main opening acts which has now been cancelled.
The organisation has announced that tomorrow at 11am local time, there will be an announcement on whether it is decided that the show must go on or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40140968

EDIT: Dang, I wonder where they are going to accomodate 90k people for the night.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:01:17 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: June 02, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »

Meanwhile in Germany, the famous Rock am Ring festival has been shut down and evacuated on it's opening day, because possible terrorist threat. 90 thousand people have evacuated surprisingly calm and orderly.
It is unsure if the rest of the festival, which is supposed to last the whole weekend, can continue. Rammstein fans are sad. Rammstein was one of the main opening acts which has now been cancelled.
The organisation has announced that tomorrow at 11am local time, there will be an announcement on whether it is decided that the show must go on or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40140968

EDIT: Dang, I wonder where they are going to accomodate 90k people for the night.

It still surprises me that IS doesn't just report fake terrorist attacks everywhere, it would cause literally millions of euros in damage.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: June 04, 2017, 04:46:33 am »

In Turin, Italy, a thousand people were injured when a mass panic broke out at the St. Carlo Square, where football fans had gathered to watch the Champions Leageu finals. According to Italian media, 8 people are in critical condition, including a small child. Most people got off with scratches and bruises from falling and being trampled.

The panic broke out when a bang was heard, according to the Turin police chief.
Press agency ANSA reports it was the sound of a parking garage's stairwell's railing collapsing below the square.
People started running en masse and trampling each other.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/sport/duizend-gewonden-door-paniek-tijdens-vertoning-champions-league-finale-in-turijn~a4498979/
https://youtu.be/OE--Sv5r8VE
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:49:28 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: June 04, 2017, 04:20:00 pm »

The Dutch province of Utrecht is worried there might be a serial child killer on the loose. Yesterday the body of a 14 year old girl was found. Today another body was found within 20 kilometers, after an entire village of volunteers did a perimeter search when another 14 year old girl went missing. Even though the body was found this morning, police cannot confirm yet if it is the missing girl. Parents in the area are terrified, and keeping their children indoors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: June 04, 2017, 04:41:23 pm »

HOLY!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: June 04, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »

Probably just a roaming Belgian.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 793