Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002084 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6915 on: October 09, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »

As a meme, I mean.

As an internet meme? Probably as long as the internet has been around....
Memes predate the internet. If you look at illuminated manuscript from medieval times you'll see many recurring themes in the illustrations. And I don't just mean saints and crosses and so on.
You will find variations of the above in many, many of them. Snails are truly fearsome memetic beasts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6916 on: October 09, 2017, 06:18:59 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: October 09, 2017, 06:32:51 pm »

Hail Secundus, King of Pompeii.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: October 09, 2017, 06:33:39 pm »

Pfft, N64 isn’t shit. Best console evar!!!1
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: October 09, 2017, 06:45:15 pm »

For all our pretences, humanity never really changed. We're still a bunch of graffiti-scrawling jokers. The internet has brought us enlightenment by making the walls on which to scribble infinite.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: October 09, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »

there are lots of ancient jokes like that as well.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: October 10, 2017, 12:15:03 pm »

Puigdemont is speaking right now

....tbh he's making a compelling case for his position so far

He askes the parliament to put independence declaration  on hold for a couple of weeks in order to negotiate
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:45:55 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: October 10, 2017, 01:36:14 pm »

Puigdemont is speaking right now

....tbh he's making a compelling case for his position so far

He askes the parliament to put independence declaration  on hold for a couple of weeks in order to negotiate
must have realized if he actually did it he would be arrested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: October 10, 2017, 02:34:47 pm »

The talk is that he's trying a Slovenian solution& negotiation.

I'll admit that at an emotional level I was a bit disappointed that he didn't proclaim the Republic right away. He's echoed  many of my sentiments tbh. This is not about hating Spain, but the relationship between the central goverment and the different nationalities NEEDS to be redefined.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: October 10, 2017, 02:38:56 pm »

The talk is that he's trying a Slovenian solution& negotiation.

I'll admit that at an emotional level I was a bit disappointed that he didn't proclaim the Republic right away. He's echoed  many of my sentiments tbh. This is not about hating Spain, but the relationship between the central goverment and the different nationalities NEEDS to be redefined.

What do you mean by 'Slovenian solution and negotiation'?

The real question: will Madrid care about anything he said?

^This.

Everything that I've read elsewhere and in here indicates that Madrid (or at least Rajoy specifically) has no desire to negotiate or compromise anything to address the Catalan complaints. At least publicly, no idea about behind the scenes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: October 10, 2017, 02:50:46 pm »

I hope international pressure will force him to talk.

Really. There HAS to be a negotiation. In any scenario. The only question is how many bad things will happen before that

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: October 10, 2017, 03:01:29 pm »

It'd definetly be in the EU's best interest for things to not come to blows, and the EU has been making moves to try and mediate or get involved. Whether that involvement ends up being the helpful type or not remains to be seen.

I think this is the first time the EU has had a situation like this with a member state. I know there was the Scottish referendum, but that was as peaceful as it can be and was allowed by the UK parliament, and a different relationship as well.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:03:13 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: October 10, 2017, 04:14:03 pm »

If it comes to blows we're talking about terrorism on one side and police repression in the other.  This has happened several times in the EU. So... not without precedent, no

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: October 10, 2017, 06:16:23 pm »

If it comes to blows we're talking about terrorism on one side and police repression in the other.  This has happened several times in the EU. So... not without precedent, no

You mean like the Troubles in the UK? I meant this specific situation with the secession.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: October 10, 2017, 06:25:32 pm »

You mean like the Troubles in the UK? I meant this specific situation with the secession.

That too, but I bet he's referring to what happened in the Basque region--that didn't completely end until early this year, iirc.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 793