Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008283 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8925 on: October 28, 2018, 04:11:06 pm »

BBC news is the British Broadcasting Corporation

They are not actually Russia that we know of

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: October 28, 2018, 04:15:43 pm »

*facepalm* I know that, I'm just saying you're the one who posted the link that excluded the tourist.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8927 on: October 28, 2018, 06:14:26 pm »

*facepalm* I know that, I'm just saying you're the one who posted the link that excluded the tourist.
I am missing context

I did not question myself for posting the BBC unironically

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: October 28, 2018, 06:26:05 pm »

Did somebody have an aneurysm? Am I having an aneurysm?
Meesa confused.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8929 on: October 28, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »

it's all miscommunication all the way down

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: October 28, 2018, 06:43:02 pm »

Yeah, it's just a bit of miscommunication. I knew he was shitposting by calling it Russian and was just being like 'well, you're the one who posted the BBC link, not me' and confusion apparently ensued.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8932 on: November 02, 2018, 05:06:08 pm »

Performance review by the Civil Service finds that the Civil Service failed Amber Rudd, resulting in her political career terminating prematurely.

I despise Amber Rudd and I'd find the whole situation bloody hilarious if it didn't worry me. Ok well, I do find the whole situation hilarious anyways, but it's still concerning - I just wish this were an episode of Yes Minister and not the British government.
For context, Amber Rudd was a particularly ambitious but also unimaginative & dare I say, unknowledgeable figure in British politics. She was appointed Home Secretary (in charge of domestic security, immigration, policing - a tremendously important post) by Theresa May, but the civil service had other plans. Repeatedly Amber Rudd asked her colleagues opponents in the civil service whether the Home Office was targeting Windrush-gen Britons in immigration probes, repeatedly she was told 'no,' in front of the public and in front of the House of Commons.
Of course, the Home Office was targeting Windrush-gen Britons in immigration probes, leaving a considerable amount of egg on Amber Rudd's face, forcing her resignation. Afterwards, the civil service concluded that they did in fact know the truth, and merely miscommunicated the wrong answer to Amber Rudd by mistake :^(
'an official review concluded she was “not supported as she should have been”.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
The civil service, it's full of clever people and it shows. Whenever they want to get rid of a minister all they do is hand them a shovel and watch them dig

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: November 02, 2018, 06:42:53 pm »

Afterwards, the civil service concluded that they did in fact know the truth, and merely miscommunicated the wrong answer to Amber Rudd by mistake :^(
Happens to the best of us, eh guv?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8934 on: November 02, 2018, 07:01:17 pm »

Afterwards, the civil service concluded that they did in fact know the truth, and merely miscommunicated the wrong answer to Amber Rudd by mistake :^(
Regretful mistakes happen all the time. Also for clarification, as I realise now the way I worded it left ambiguity, Amber Rudd told the public & committee that there was no Windrush migrant probe/deportation quotas, the Civil Service told Amber Rudd the 'no' in private

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: November 02, 2018, 09:28:15 pm »

Regretful mistakes happen all the time. Also for clarification, as I realise now the way I worded it left ambiguity, Amber Rudd told the public & committee that there was no Windrush migrant probe/deportation quotas, the Civil Service told Amber Rudd the 'no' in private
A likely story for this "clarification". I demand you resign now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8936 on: November 02, 2018, 09:34:27 pm »

A likely story for this "clarification". I demand you resign now.
* An Inquiry of the EU Thread has determined that regretfully Loud Whispers was not as clear as they should have been, yet the variable levels of support for dialogue was obfuscated by unique pressures and miscrossed-wires of person to person forumite interlocutation suggesting a mitigating circumstance to what may be construed as an unfortunate accidental miscommunication. Clearly.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: November 10, 2018, 08:16:25 am »

The Norwegian Christian Peoples Party recently had a slight "crisis of faith" and gathered to officially decide whether they were going to stay the course and retain their alliance with the currently governing Conservative party, or if they were going to abandon them and ally with Labour on the other side of the aisle. This decision was followed with some interest by everyone, because if they did decide to swap sides, that would mean Labour's coalition would have the majority in parliament and a change of cabinet (including the PM) would be in order.

As it turns out they stayed the course, again (this idea has been brought up more than once in the party), and so everything is hunky-dory (well, save for the inevitable very unhappy split in the Christian Party between the people trying to embody Christian values and those trying to embody angry old religious traditionalists)... Except now KrF (Christian Party) is bringing up a topic that's pretty central to their political agenda, and that pretty much no one else wants to talk about: Abortion.

I'm guessing the party leadership was trying to make enough noise to get the governing party, Høyre (Right/Conservative), to pay little KrF a bit more attention. Like "hey, we almost toppled your government, gib support now pls".

So now the PM is waffling her hardest on the Right to Abortion Law (which is a law, and has been for 40-some years now), in particular one paragraph regarding medical provision for late-stage abortion in the case of "acute birth defects" afflicting the fetus. The KrF leader, in all his wisdom (he is a cleric after all), has called this paragraph "discriminatory against people with Downs Syndrome", because obviously what that paragraph is saying is that we should specifically kill all people with Downs.

And then the fighting started.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8938 on: November 10, 2018, 08:20:35 am »

Norway should just be a province of Finland tbh

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: November 10, 2018, 10:30:48 am »

Well, there’s been a Denmark-Norway and a Sweden-Norway, so I guess Finland-Norway is the logical next step. With your oil and our alarmingly high rate of alcoholism, suicide and depression, we’ll be unstoppable!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 793